Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit due to the 3,000 travelling fans

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe he had a season ticket at all 4 grounds. He also followed England to Mexico and all over Europe.
And followed local and grass roots football so what's your point.

He very rarely reports or posts about anything relevant to the game so through his posts , I wrongly it appears, thought that he was an armchair fan who never went to games. So my apologies

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION]'s take on it >>> http://www.northstandchat.com/conte...%96-reflections-on-yesterday%92s-Arsenal-game including:

"From my experience it isn’t really accurate to describe ‘The Emirates’ as a library. I have taken part in many library based performances and things can actually get quite noisy if you put your mind to it.

It was more like a dentist’s waiting room.

It is literally true – and I mean literally – that 100 Whitehawk Ultras in their scaffold-covered ‘Din End’ in the Conference South make more noise than a theoretical 56,000 Arsenal fans (there were thousands of empty seats) did for the majority of the game. There were permanently fixed artificial ‘supporters’ banners’ all over the stadium announcing the presence of Arsenal fans from different parts of the globe – but the missing one was from Belgium. The Trappist monks’ branch of the global Arsenal brand was in full voice everywhere."

Those pathetic club made banners, plus the giant flags waved when they score. The same at Chelsea with club made banners and flags.

What's it all about? So cringeworthy.

Other large clubs such as Liverpool and Everton follow the age old custom, that they're devised, made and taken in by fans. Almost certainly the same at other PL clubs, and many hundreds down the pyramid.

Can only think that it's the control freakery of Gazidis and Wenger, and the Board at Chelski, combined with a lack of passion from their new wave of monied JCL fans.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I would not take the Micky out of Spurs at Wembley as there new stadium will have 18,000 home fans behind the goal they have given it a lot thought I am sure it will have all the glam Arsenal have got but a better atmosphere.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really can't understand this logic. After years of watching Albion lose to poor teams in poor stadiums, we are in the Premier League playing against the best teams in the country. Yes, we will probably lose most games against the big six/seven (and a lot of games across the whole season) but there is always a chance of getting a result and any points we can pick up in those games can be massive.

We were outplayed at times yesterday but it was a clear step up from Man City where we only sat back and defended. Here we played well for long periods, looked solid at the back and had some good chances (including hitting the post). I really don't get what there is to find so unenjoyable.

My OP genuine respected the 3,000 optimists who went to the game. For me, in the polarised world of football where money buys success far more than ever before in history, the odds are stacked so heavily against our team in these away days. I don't enjoy it when we don't get a look in during a game and lose to cocky f*ckers. I admitted I'm a bad loser.

Not just me. I know a few fans including kids who made the trip up to Leicester in August expecting at least a draw and a good performance, who were left gutted when Leicester (playing in third gear) outplayed us. They were also taken aback by the hatred from quite a few LCFC fans near their section. All told, it made it a day they wanted to forget.

My hope is that IF we manage to stay up, I see the Albion massively improving our squad quality next summer, which will start to give us a far better chance in away matches.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ah knew that one, I thought there was another to 'the entertainer'.

The Palace one is to that tune. The kiddies on my row were singing it. It's something like

O o o o o o
The scum have lost seven* in a row
They'd already lost four
And they sacked Frank De Boer
And they're still just as shit as before.

Might be an odd word wrong or the middle lines the wrong way round but you get the idea.

*change this with every defeat. Also 7 scans really badly so we're going to need that all important 8th loss to make the song better :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's the one?

Ah, "Stand" as in the ambulant helpers had to stand because there were no seats! Tell me honestly, just how bad was the view from there? I know it wasn't the club's fault but it was shameful to see the people who had to endure that in the typical Withdean weather.

Ah, "Stand" as in the ambulant helpers had to stand because there were no seats! Tell me honestly, just how bad was the view from there? I know it wasn't the club's fault but it was shameful to see the people who had to endure that in the typical Withdean weather.

It was great for the person i supported,probably the only couple of hours that he was equal to 6,000 other people,all sitting getting soaked and shouting billocks at the team,he loved it!:thumbsup: View was ok as you felt close to the action.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It was great for the person i supported,probably the only couple of hours that he was equal to 6,000 other people,all sitting getting soaked and shouting billocks at the team,he loved it!:thumbsup: View was ok as you felt close to the action.

That's great to hear but I'm surprised. I thought they had been stuck quite a way back and because they were next to the track there was no elevation and so a really rubbish view. Glad it was otherwise.

theboybilly

Those pathetic club made banners, plus the giant flags waved when they score. The same at Chelsea with club made banners and flags.

What's it all about? So cringeworthy.

Other large clubs such as Liverpool and Everton follow the age old custom, that they're devised, made and taken in by fans. Almost certainly the same at other PL clubs, and many hundreds down the pyramid.

Can only think that it's the control freakery of Gazidis and Wenger, and the Board at Chelski, combined with a lack of passion from their new wave of monied JCL fans.

I think the banners at Chelsea and Old Trafford have been made by fans and are left in situ (as our Stand or Fall banner is)
The thing that struck me was the soullessness of the interior bowl of the Emirates Stadium. From the outside it is impressive and there is lots to see if you want to pass some time before going in (there are also places to sit if you need a rest - something my knees welcomed) but once inside the seating area the stadium is bland...far too much red with no other colour to break it up. The banners look artificial as has been mentioned and look amateur. I think Tottenham's single tier North Stand will be something Arsenal wish they had integrated into their design. Having been to the old Highbury a few times over the years I lament it's passing but to be perfectly honest I have no real desire to go back to the Emirates. I've crossed it off, it's done now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here