Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit due to the 3,000 travelling fans

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I deserve more loyalty points for the terrible view you get being down at the front and after the match for having to wait 15 minutes to get out the ground.

That's one of the things that surprised me. A great looking stadium but so slow in exiting. Must be worth another 20 points :whistle:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's one of the things that surprised me. A great looking stadium but so slow in exiting. Must be worth another 20 points :whistle:

It's a potential death-trap. Say, for instance, the pitch catches fire and we have to leave the stadium quickly. I'd have been burnt to a crisp before I'd be able to get out. I'm literally putting my life on the line supporting Brighton. Surely that deserves some loyalty points?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was in the home end today, upper tier right above the 'official' away fans. The support was absolutely magnificent today, genuinely superb - made me really proud to be an Albion fan. Just sorry I couldn't join in.

By contrast the Arsenal support was diabolical/non-existent, if I hadn't witnessed it for myself, I would never have believed it was that bad. Went with one of my daughters Arsenal-supporting school friends and her dad was mortified by the lack of home support. He couldn't believe they didn't even sing ANY of their favourite songs.

I have occasionally joined the moans about the Amex atmosphere and early leavers, but after that at the Emirates you could only appreciate a lot more what we are currently experiencing at home.

On the pitch no disgrace at all, they could have scored more but we could easily have had one or two.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Two tweets that sum up today.

[tweet]914507322302636033[/tweet]

This one is hilarious:
[tweet]914510786973900802[/tweet]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
F***ing hell what an absolute embarrassment that home "support" is. Absolutely cringeworthy. There were some of them filming us and others standing about as slack-jawed as one of the CTs on here. It was like they'd never heard a proper atmosphere.

Credit to us, we sang all game. A mate who was in hospitality in the middle tier behind the goal at our end said we were really loud from there. But I simply couldn't believe that anyone would pay their silly prices to sit silently through games that are going to ensure they finish about 5th again. Loads of the noddy plastics de-training at Hove & Brighton afterwards. You're being fleeced, guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I deserve more loyalty points for the terrible view you get being down at the front and after the match for having to wait 15 minutes to get out the ground.

A major design mistake IMO by Wenger (he determined all major points on the design), the same mistake at Twickenham.

The front row of seats is very long way from the pitch. Levy and Spuds have openly picked up on this and their front row will be as close as possible as allowed to add to the atmosphere and intimidation. It means that all those in the shallow lower deck get a far better view ... just a few metres makes a huge difference on a shallow pitch.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Most sterile, dull home fans since Reading. Just got back, our 'aisle' singers persisting with both the Stephens and Palace losing streak games deserve a clap.

I'd have to say Arsenal's support today was worse than Reading. Nothing heard, even at 2-0.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Loads of the noddy plastics de-training at Hove & Brighton afterwards. You're being fleeced, guys.

Just how many people were buying half-half scarves? All in the home end I hasten to add. I said to my mates as Ieft the ground that I would hate to have to turn up there every week to experience that. My mate has done it for years and it hurts a little bit more every time he comes to Brighton games with his Brighton supporting boyfriend because of the atmosphere before in the pubs and after in WSL with the camaraderie amongst mates. And he pays north of a grand for the privilege of visiting that morgue each season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was like the Stepford Wives of football the Emirates, awful

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'd have to say Arsenal's support today was worse than Reading. Nothing heard, even at 2-0.

A memorable one was Brum away last season which I thought was even worse than Reading but today takes the biscuit. And if anyone wants to see what a real piss-take pretendance is then today's game was a classic. There must have been over 10,000 empty seats, maybe even 15,000.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just how many people were buying half-half scarves? All in the home end I hasten to add. I said to my mates as Ieft the ground that I would hate to have to turn up there every week to experience that. My mate has done it for years and it hurts a little bit more every time he comes to Brighton games with his Brighton supporting boyfriend because of the atmosphere before in the pubs and after in WSL with the camaraderie amongst mates. And he pays north of a grand for the privilege of visiting that morgue each season.

Unfortunately not all in the home end. I will forgive the young boy who looked about 7 or 8 but no excuse for the middle aged woman.

However didn't see any others

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I don't think I've ever been to a quieter ground, and I've been to many. And because it was so quiet I sang in a whisper, as many other BHA fans did. Strangest atmosphere I've ever witnessed.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Worth noting the vast number of arsenal fans who travel up from seafood, Newhaven, Lewes and elsewhere. Lots of untapped potential. Expect some will have thought "that looks way more fun" today?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A major design mistake IMO by Wenger (he determined all major points on the design), the same mistake at Twickenham.

The front row of seats is very long way from the pitch. Levy and Spuds have openly picked up on this and their front row will be as close as possible as allowed to add to the atmosphere and intimidation. It means that all those in the shallow lower deck get a far better view ... just a few metres makes a huge difference on a shallow pitch.

Only behind the goal. It was close on the side but still no atmosphere or intimidation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here