Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit due to the 3,000 travelling fans

el punal

Would have been absolutely immense if it had been a bit later in the day with more beer consumed.

Steady on old chap! I was quaffing Guinness on the 8.25 train out of Southampton this morning. One has to keep up appearances, and of course tradition, in pre-match indulgence regardless of kick off time. I did my bit! :drink:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Posted on another thread. My uncle was born in Sussex but moved to London in the 60s. A season ticket holder for many many years. Had a very expensive centre line seat at Highbury.

Went to the new ground a few times and never went back.

It should be a cauldron but as my brother pointed out feels like a trip on the London eye.

Something very wrong there. I didn't expect it to look so tired inside either. My seat was broken :)

Possibly something to do with the huge corporate rings. The real fans either suffering a shallow pitch side view or up in the clouds.

Rubbish, really rubbish.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This one is hilarious:
[tweet]914510786973900802[/tweet][/QUOTE]

Just got a nice homophobic response from him. Bit unwise perhaps given than he uses his real name and has a public linked in profile?!

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
yer was very shocked at lack of feeling/atmosphere inside, lovely ground though, however long wait to get out was like millwall without the threat

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
I was up in the Gods at the Clock End, just to the left of goal. No chanting from the home fans whatsoever, apart from a weak "We're the Clock End Arsenal Boys" in the second half which fizzled out after 30 seconds. By contrast, our away support could be heard loud and clear throughout the match.

el punal

Two snippets regarding the support and atmosphere today :

1. While queuing for the tube at Arsenal station post match I suggested to a member of the constabulary that he must have had a very boring day (i.e. no trouble). He agreed, so I did my "ssshhh" gesture. He laughed and said don't do that at ground or you'll be ejected for being too noisy. Definitely not a gooner then!

2. On the tube back to Waterloo got chatting to an Arsenal fan, full of praise for Albion fans and also desperately sad how quiet the Arsenal fans were. His comment about us, "You lot were noisy, you didn't shut up all game." Praise indeed.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Correction. Lot more than just 3000 BHA there today, lots like me in home stands. I enjoyed going with Gooner friends. However, Arsenal home support was truly the worst I've ever witnessed of any 'big club'. They should seriously think about reorganising stands to group regulars together and tourists likewise. Those that would like to sing literally don't have people that can speak English next to them, let alone Arsenal fans beyond they've randomly picked a club to visit on their trip of a lifetime from Okinawa. Dreadful atmosphere and isn't just because playing us. Same v everyone else except Spurs and Chelsea. I came away full of pity rather than in awe. What a miserable life Gooners lead! It's Disney Experience. Disney Prices. And about as real as Disneyland. Shocking day out. What has happened to football? If I was a Gooner, I'd seriously go support my local team like Watford, Orient, Dulwich etc. But that? For £3k a year versus £500 in North Stand at Amex? No comparison. Thank god once again for Tony Bloom and being born in Sussex. Imagine if Arsenal was your club AND you remember the Highbury days? Those are the ones, like my mate, I really feel sorry for. Arsenal are like the rich spoilt kid with all the toys but absolutely not social skills or friends. Yuk, it's a corporation masquerading as a football club. Sad sad place to visit. Rather go to the famous nearby cemetery next season, least more of life there than the Emirates.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
worst ground I have been to?

For atmosphere from home fans I would say the same if the Amex was like that I really would struggle to go.

I appreciate they are sponsored by Emirates but do you really need a label on your bag once searched like an airport check-in ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Correction. Lot more than just 3000 BHA there today, lots like me in home stands. I enjoyed going with Gooner friends. However, Arsenal home support was truly the worst I've ever witnessed of any 'big club'. They should seriously think about reorganising stands to group regulars together and tourists likewise. Those that would like to sing literally don't have people that can speak English next to them, let alone Arsenal fans beyond they've randomly picked a club to visit on their trip of a lifetime from Okinawa. Dreadful atmosphere and isn't just because playing us. Same v everyone else except Spurs and Chelsea. I came away full of pity rather than in awe. What a miserable life Gooners lead! It's Disney Experience. Disney Prices. And about as real as Disneyland. Shocking day out. What has happened to football? If I was a Gooner, I'd seriously go support my local team like Watford, Orient, Dulwich etc. But that? For £3k a year versus £500 in North Stand at Amex? No comparison. Thank god once again for Tony Bloom and being born in Sussex. Imagine if Arsenal was your club AND you remember the Highbury days? Those are the ones, like my mate, I really feel sorry for. Arsenal are like the rich spoilt kid with all the toys but absolutely not social skills or friends. Yuk, it's a corporation masquerading as a football club. Sad sad place to visit. Rather go to the famous nearby cemetery next season, least more of life there than the Emirates.
Haha great summary

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Good post.

Same with West Ham. Sullivan and Gold, obsessive about beating Spuds to the freebee stadium, killed the old Boleyn Ground atmosphere and intimidation factor, by taking the club to the wide open spaces of an athletics stadium. The club was changed adversely forever.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oh, and a cheeseburger was £10.50 (not sit down, just in a carton) in the Arsenal lounges. TEN POUNDS FIFTY! And an extra £3.50 for some fries. Islingtons finest we're queuing up for too. It's a different world. Madness. Soul destroying money making machine but a football club it isn't.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Oh, and a cheeseburger was £10.50 (not sit down, just in a carton) in the Arsenal lounges. TEN POUNDS FIFTY! And an extra £3.50 for some fries. Islingtons finest we're queuing up for too. It's a different world. Madness. Soul destroying money making machine but a football club it isn't.

How times have changed

hqdefault.jpg

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Just back in. Really enjoyed it. Never expected anything but cheered the boys on and had fun with family. I've had worse Sundays.

Quite note: I've heard about how totally devoid of soul the Emirates is but to experience it first hand is another thing altogether. I think the loudest the home fans got was clapping a substitution. Really bad. Not sure I could bring myself to go every week if the Amex experience was anything like that! Just awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here