Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Substitutions!

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Soon as the second went in was the time to make changes Murray was a handful in the box and Knockhaert was causing problems shame

CH said Murray had only trained for 2 days, don't think he would have been fit enough for over 30 min, wouldn't want him breaking down. Need to get his fitness back over next 2 weeks. Maybe Knockhaert could have come on sooner but without a target man probably wouldn't have had the same impact.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In Lord Hughton I trust, would have liked to have seen Murray earlier but we didn't really want to risk him too much today with 2 big games coming up after the international break.

Absolutely. Me too.CH is an excellent manager, I'm delighted he's ours; he has done a great job - and still is. I myself - and I suspect many of my fellow amateur pundits - would like to see substitutions made just a little earlier (and sometimes more attack minded), in just the same way that we would like to see corners and set-pieces defended with nine men rather than ten (with one runner left up on the half way line) - but, with CH, that just ain't going to happen. It may irk us slightly, but it's part of the CH package - and overall that's a package I'd want to keep at the Albion.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I honestly think he is playing down the 'lost' games (v the top 6) and playing damage limitations tactics.

if we defend stoutly and nick one from a counter attack or set piece then fine. But the plan is to ensure we do not get:

- Whipped (goal difference at the end of the season may worth a point)

- Demoralised and lose confidence

- Suffer injuries or suspensions.

That is all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe they should ban any substitutions after that then?
Actually, thinking about it, a cut off point for substitutions (70 minutes? 75 minutes?) might not be a bad idea. Those time-wasting in time-added-on substitutions are pretty irritating, as are the very late ones where the substitute has no chance of affecting the game. I wouldn't mind seeing it given a trial.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Actually, thinking about it, a cut off point for substitutions (70 minutes? 75 minutes?) might not be a bad idea. Those time-wasting in time-added-on substitutions are pretty irritating, as are the very late ones where the substitute has no chance of affecting the game. I wouldn't mind seeing it given a trial.

If the game is a draw on 70 minutes they should blindfold a player on each team every 5 minutes until someone scores. Entertainment right there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If the game is a draw on 70 minutes they should blindfold a player on each team every 5 minutes until someone scores. Entertainment right there.

That is a rubbish idea. Apologies if it's meant to be funny.................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here