Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Substitutions!

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Why does CH leave them so late even when a game is going the wrong way? Never seems willing to take a gamble, does he?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why does CH leave them so late even when a game is going the wrong way? Never seems willing to take a gamble, does he?
Because getting spanked is demoralising. Slow and steady wins the race (well comes 17th in this case).

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He knows goal difference could be vital . Let the others get spanked 4 & 5 nil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Maybe you should ask him.....for me he’s got a heck of a lot of credit in the bank and if you think the subs were the only reason why we looked better in the last ten minutes ..i’d say a lot was to do with Arsenal switching off

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Got to be 66 minutes to give the new players a chance to get into the game.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Got to be 66 minutes to give the new players a chance to get into the game.

Yep, 15 minutes or less substitutions are for time wasting when you're winning, not for affecting the game in any meaningful way when you're 2-0 down.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
He knows goal difference could be vital . Let the others get spanked 4 & 5 nil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially when we have lost out on promotion with it before.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I thought he got it about right today.

Our shape was good throughout and we were always were going to leave it late before changing anything.

Murray is obviously carrying a knock hence only 15 mins. Izquierdo was doing fine defensively, and saw very little ball in the second half. March was spent so Schelotto was sensible........

Sorry don't agree.

The only thing I might have done differently at 0-2 was keep Izquierdo on and bring on Molumby for Gross, just for the experience (and switched Propper further forward).

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
In Lord Hughton I trust, would have liked to have seen Murray earlier but we didn't really want to risk him too much today with 2 big games coming up after the international break.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Difficult game to judge what would or could have happened, we should have scored at least 1 maybe 2, but Arsenal who were still in 2nd gear would have probably stepped up as they often do late in the game.
I think Chris more or less got it right, 2-0 is better than 4 or 5, I have just accepted this one and moved on.
But I must say that apart from the 2 goals I thought that considering the quality of their players, that their shooting was awful and Ryan had a good game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In Lord Hughton I trust, would have liked to have seen Murray earlier but we didn't really want to risk him too much today with 2 big games coming up after the international break.

I would have tried him when they scored their 2nd goal as we dont have another game for 2 weeks and Baldock is scheduled to play for U 23s next week.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
They do seem too late to make any impact and in some games this season he hasn't used his options from the bench... still, 7pts from 7 games isn't too shabby.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here