Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has happened to Brighton?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
You live in Swindon.

Which I suppose is good for you, because as a strange looking dribbling retard with an IQ in the single digits you fit right in with the locals.

In real life you and I would get on.
I admit I was wrong digging you out. The eight blokes I go with find your extra stuff on your response fecking funny.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You live in Swindon.

Which I suppose is good for you, because as a strange looking dribbling retard with an IQ in the single digits you fit right in with the locals.
It's far smarter round here thanks :)
You must feel so powerful giving it large you handsome devil :)

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Brighton has allways looked like it should be helping the Police with there inquiry's !!

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton born and bred but moved slowly west to Worthing now which would have horrified me 10 years ago but now I genuinely wouldn’t move back. Brighton HAS got worse and combined with Worthing improving the difference is noticeable. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVED growing up in Brighton, a little too much, which is another reason I’m gonna stay out here so my kids don’t make the same ‘mistakes’

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes it's always had those types but it seems to have gone to the next level and apart from the avalanche of weirdos it's the state of the buildings and parts along the seafront where areas are blocked off because it's clearly unsafe...instead of actually doing the repairs it's left to be an eyesore.Just so underfunded and clearly it's desperate for a huge regeneration project :)

Very depressing place and for the first time ever I couldn't wait to drive out of there :)

That's capitalism for you.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Unfortunately all the time folk don't want to address the elephant in the room Brighton will remain a khazi.
To many selfish pricks and people that are used to living in fly infested,rubbish strewn shanty towns now class themselves as Brightonians.
The greens must be very proud of the tip they have created.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's a bloody shite hole:nono:
Every time I visit it gets worse:nono:
Rusty railings
Boarded up buildings everywhere
Homeless people scattered everywhere
Weird scruffy people
Graffiti galore
Buildings that are desperate for a lick of pain and a clean up
It has gone backwards with no funding what's so ever and clearly is a city in decline considering it's on the door step of London and has over 10 million visitors a year spending a fair few whack.
So why is it so bloody poor?

To many students?
Can't attract the right business's ?
The greens?

Really sad to see the way it's going and will only get worse.Many other cities and towns in the south have moved with the times and look clean and well maintained yet Brighton reminds me of Blackpool behind the mile....Facking depressing and full of poverty mostly !!!

Strangely hove looks well tidier and well maintained :)

I'm quite proud of the city I was born in - like most of the UK it's rundown here and there but I can understand why Bruno said in the Times last week that Brighton & Hove was one of the nicest places in England.

I can also understand why you don't like it though. You seem to be a rather cross about things at the moment. Only the other day, on another thread, you implied that 90 per cent of the Albion's adult fans were liberal ****tards, whatever those might be.

Incidentally, why do you think it can only get worse?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Aww, it's a shame you deleted your post offering me out for a fight. It was really sweet of you to get that upset by words on a screen.
Do you get a very small erection when posting stuff involving me.
Eight blokes who don't know you from adam think you can be saved from the dark side.
Me - I'm not convinced :moo:I take this back.
Delays in posting can show you up I apologise once again

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm pretty certain that the biggest industry in the City is Domestic Property redevelopment and building, all of which produces loads of unaffordable homes, but gives nothing back to the infrastructure or aesthetic to the City!

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Having just got back from a very dreary weekend in Swindon, I'd have to say it compares well with OP's view of Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here