Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has happened to Brighton?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm quite proud of the city I was born in - like most of the UK it's rundown here and there but I can understand why Bruno said in the Times last week that Brighton & Hove was one of the nicest places in England.

I can also understand why you don't like it though. You seem to be a rather cross about things at the moment. Only the other day, on another thread, you implied that 90 per cent of the Albion's adult fans were liberal ****tards, whatever those might be.

Incidentally, why do you think it can only get worse?
Brighton is a very very liberal place and probably the home of liberalism in this country.
I'm not cross about things and I'm proud of my birth place but boy o boy it's an utter shite hole now and gets worse every year.If Bruno says it's one of the nicest places in England then he's bloody lying:D

Brighton is full of liberal ****tards and these types offer nothing to society im afraid !!!

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
My job involves talking to a lot of people and I can't recall a negative comment,students love the place, that's why so many stay on after graduating and the reason why the town has so many start ups and the town has such a buzz.The other week I spoke to a lad from Swindon who loves living in Brighton as he said such a contrast to boring Swindon.Visitors nationally and worldwide often say to me they love the shopping(not the same old boring shops)the restaurants,theatres,music,pubs the sights.Spoke to a guy from New Zealand who was staying in Leaington Spa and Brighton was on his must do list and he was loving it,Brighton is well known internationally.Brighton like all big towns has faults but to flag up those and dismiss its good points and vibrancy is sad.Im over over 60 but whenever I walk into town I love the buzz from busy restaurants and pubs and people having a good time.Maybe it's best if you stay in boring Swindon and not infect us with your negativity.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Having just got back from a very dreary weekend in Swindon, I'd have to say it compares well with OP's view of Brighton
Just as well we all have our own opinions but I'm not from Swindon I'm from Brighton and I'm saying my home city is a shite hole end of.
Brighton will always attract certain people and that's why It's a shitehole :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My job involves talking to a lot of people and I can't recall a negative comment,students love the place, that's why so many stay on after graduating and the reason why the town has so many start ups and the town has such a buzz.The other week I spoke to a lad from Swindon who loves living in Brighton as he said such a contrast to boring Swindon.Visitors nationally and worldwide often say to me they love the shopping(not the same old boring shops)the restaurants,theatres,music,pubs the sights.Spoke to a guy from New Zealand who was staying in Leaington Spa and Brighton was on his must do list and he was loving it,Brighton is well known internationally.Brighton like all big towns has faults but to flag up those and dismiss its good points and vibrancy is sad.Im over over 60 but whenever I walk into town I love the buzz from busy restaurants and pubs and people having a good time.Maybe it's best if you stay in boring Swindon and not infect us with your negativity.

The Germans generally know their shit, and I came across their thoughts about our fine City on Friday when I was looking for bathroom tiles.

Attachments

• IMG_7991.JPG
    IMG_7991.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 624

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just as well we all have our own opinions but I'm not from Swindon I'm from Brighton and I'm saying my home city is a shite hole end of.
Brighton will always attract certain people and that's why It's a shitehole :)
You're a ****ing idiot

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton was always as described in the OP. maybe it tarted itsef a bit for a decade as lots of money and DFL came in?

dont know what part of the beachfront is boarded up, some is being renovated, and theres the problem of Maderia Drive and the Hippdrome closed up because damn Regency society wont allow anything to be developed.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It's a bloody shite hole:nono:
Every time I visit it gets worse:nono:
Rusty railings
Boarded up buildings everywhere
Homeless people scattered everywhere
Weird scruffy people
Graffiti galore
Buildings that are desperate for a lick of pain and a clean up
It has gone backwards with no funding what's so ever and clearly is a city in decline considering it's on the door step of London and has over 10 million visitors a year spending a fair few whack.
So why is it so bloody poor?

To many students?
Can't attract the right business's ?
The greens?

Really sad to see the way it's going and will only get worse.Many other cities and towns in the south have moved with the times and look clean and well maintained yet Brighton reminds me of Blackpool behind the mile....Facking depressing and full of poverty mostly !!!

Strangely hove looks well tidier and well maintained :)

This is not unique to Brighton, but symptomatic to the wanting something for nothing generation, who think the world owes them a living, but are not prepared to offer anything in return. There was a time when people took a pride in their surroundings rather than expecting others to clear up behind them. Very sad state of affairs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is not unique to Brighton, but symptomatic to the wanting something for nothing generation, who think the world owes them a living, but are not prepared to offer anything in return. There was a time when people took a pride in their surroundings rather than expecting others to clear up behind them. Very sad state of affairs.

Yep, I look at the rusty railings and think "something for nothing generation."

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I have some sympathy with the notion that the DFL's are slowly spoiling much of what made Brighton such a special place since the milenium.

I even think there's some credence in the Brighton's got a bit scruffy commentary.

But unfavourable comparisons with Swindon? The OP is on a wind up.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hopefully it'll push the house prices down but no sign of that so far. Thought that yesterday, for the first time, It looked shabbier than Newhaven. Which is some achievement.

The main thing recently is all the tagging. It is everywhere and makes the place look a dump.

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Until 2010 our daughter lived a few hundred yards from the Emirates. You could hear the goals going in. It was an up and coming area and she sold her house for a lot more than they paid for it. Today, some of us looked at the road and her old house on the way to the game. Shabby, litter-strewn and potholed. Going downhill. Her road in Brighton, meanwhile, is smarter than it's ever been. It depends where you look I suppose - it's wrong to generalise.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Brighton is a very very liberal place and probably the home of liberalism in this country.
I'm not cross about things and I'm proud of my birth place but boy o boy it's an utter shite hole now and gets worse every year.If Bruno says it's one of the nicest places in England then he's bloody lying:D

Brighton is full of liberal ****tards and these types offer nothing to society im afraid !!!

Never a truer word said .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here