Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'll take that considering I thought we were going to get thumped.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Disappointed to lose but we've shown enough in this to show we can stay in this league.

We've played a decent cross-section of the PL and we're seven points from seven games. Decent with room for improvement.

This. We will be in this league next season.

larus

Yeah, we lost. Most fans expected us to lose. We don't have a fit striker, yet only lost 2-0. I'm pleased with the result and performance.

For those idiots saying that the tactics were wrong - it wouldn't frigging matter. It would be the same as me telling an under 18 runner in a race with Mo Farah that all he needs to do is attack from the outset and run the kick out of him. Yeah, that's gonna work isn't it? I do wonder at why some people follow football and think that they, who maybe have played saturday/sunday league and football manager are suddenly able to advise CH on how to set a team up.

We aren't a team full of £30-40m players. Accept that, for now, it's survival and them maybe we can hope to attract better player if they feel we're not relegation certainties.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not liking how the Arsenal fans are saying that they should be looking at Dunk in January. HANDS OFF!!!!!!!
I'd be surprised if the fans didn't say that, he's bloody brilliant.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Obviously not pleased to lose, but all things considered that was a good performance. We still seem to be sloppy in possession in this league and I attribute this to nerves so I imagine this will improve as the season progresses. I think the players can take a lot of positives from the performance as we had some good spells against a very good side and weren't blown away. Woke up at 5am to watch :yawn:

Can't wait for the international break to be over and bring on Everton :)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Not bad at all, unlucky not to get anything, still haven't been humiliated cough palace cough..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

At least we didn't embarrass ourselves and let in FOUR!

Screenshot from 2017-10-01 13-58-59.png

GD can be worth a point at the end of the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For those idiots saying that the tactics were wrong - it wouldn't frigging matter. It would be the same as me telling an under 18 runner in a race with Mo Farah that all he needs to do is attack from the outset and run the kick out of him. Yeah, that's gonna work isn't it? I do wonder at why some people follow football and think that they, who maybe have played saturday/sunday league and football manager are suddenly able to advise CH on how to set a team up.
:lol: Well said.

Having a fresh Knocky on and Murray up front, while Arsenal decided to sit back and keep what they had helped us have some ball and look a little better. We couldn't have done that at the start.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pass accuracy 75%. That needs to improve. But holding Sanchez and Lacazette scoreless is a feather in the cap for Dunk and Duffy, while Ryan has had a strong game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not liking how the Arsenal fans are saying that they should be looking at Dunk in January. HANDS OFF!!!!!!!

They won't be the only ones. Today he did no favours to the prospect of keeping him beyond this year. As the commentators said, he's a rare breed. A proper defender at the top level.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lol, Owen just said that while Arsenal are decent, they haven't got enough to finish above the likes of City (fair), United (fair), Chelsea (fair) and, wait for it, Liverpool. :lol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hopefully that will be the last time we have to play one of the top 6 away with no Hemed or Murray

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
That's 2 games we have been undone by clever little back-heels. Cant remember any before this level.

Proud of the boys today tough... we have players who belong at this level and don't look out of place.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not a criticism because we were only able to get anything out of game with big slice of fortune. However watching this and Man City game the gap between top 6 and bottom of premier is greater then botom of Premier and FL2

Positives were that Matty Ryan shows he's got that early game yips out of his system and is looking a strong keeper. March is a class act and shows he can hurt even the best teams. Murray and the Greyhound had nice little cameos. We move on

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yeah, we lost. Most fans expected us to lose. We don't have a fit striker, yet only lost 2-0. I'm pleased with the result and performance.

We aren't a team full of £30-40m players. Accept that, for now, it's survival and them maybe we can hope to attract better player if they feel we're not relegation certainties.

It worked for Huddersfield yesterday. Oh...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I have suggested all season that he will be at Arsenal in January. Undone today by 2 CH errors.

1. Changing our formation to try to combat other teams play . We should stick to what we do best that is 4-4-2 even without a recognised target man.
2. Replacing March with Schletto it should have been Bruno and then attacked Arsenal from both flanks when Murray and Knockaert were on the pitch.,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here