Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Albion players taking photos during pitch walk an hour ago? Tinpot if true.

We are a Prem team on merit, should not show that we are in awe of our opposition.

Seems harsh. We live in the age of instagram; players take pictures of everything all the time, wouldn't think it has anything to do with being 'in awe' of the opposition

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
Am surprised people are calling this a 4-3-3. Not really much difference between a 4-3-3 and a 4-4-1-1 anyway. 4-3-3 tends to have a flipped midfield triangle with 1 holding and 2 just in front, but I'd be amazed if that was the case: will surely be Gross just in front of Stephens and Propper as usual.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Albion players taking photos during pitch walk an hour ago? Tinpot if true.

We are a Prem team on merit, should not show that we are in awe of our opposition.

But that's the mentality we've had. We are still a "little" club punching above our weight. And the players are making their opportunity of playing at the Emirates a memory, and I can't blame them for that!
But hopefully we'll be back next season and our players won't be overawed by this occasion, and give a good account of themselves, and not be frightened of Sanchez, Lacazette, Walcott, Giroud, et al!

I'd be over the moon with a draw today. And a win, wow, won't Monday morning be amazing this week!!

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Come on The Albion. An exciting line up and will be very interesting to see what Brown and Izquierdo can do. Stellar performances from all please.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'.....the satisfaction I would have is that Arsenal are a Champions League team – although not this season – and any scalp or good result against one of the big teams is always a big achievement..'

I don't think Chris meant to have a dig but it made me laugh.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Why cant Brighton wear the home kit if it doesn't clash with Arsenals, instead of that boring yellow away kit?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this on 5live? I am listening at the moment and it is a programme about child sex abuse. Only 15 mins to kick off, is it not on today?

snedger

Jun 13, 2011
Didn't know it was 12 kickoff - will miss the start - looking forward to meeting the amateur Arsenal fans in the pub

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Looking forward to seeing how Dunk & Duffy deal with Arsenal, love seeing Duffy leap into the air and smash the ball with his head 100 yards down the pitch, but Arsenal will probably keep the ball on the deck alot more then we are used to.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The thought of Bong against Sanchez is giving me heart palpitations however he is quicker than Suttner so am guessing that's why he is included so probably the right call. Good to see Izzy start and March keep his place. Hopefully that can also spur AK on and hopefully come on to score a 91st minute winner #TAKEADRAWNOW!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here