Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I know it's a cliché​ regarding the atmosphere at the ground but on my first visit I was genuinely surprised.

My uncle was a season ticket holder at Highbury for many many years but didn't like the new ground and stopped going.

There is something completely non authentic about the place.

My Uncle must be turning in his grave :) He did warn me.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We did OK but to be clear there is a gulf of difference but at least (so far) we are not being toned by about 4 plus goals

IMHO it is because we go out as if scared of the opposition just on their name and need to believe we are playing them because we won the right to and deserve it.d. It is 2 teams of 11 players each so approach it as so.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
IMHO it is because we go out as if scared of the opposition just on their name and need to believe we are playing them because we won the right to and deserve it.d. It is 2 teams of 11 players each so approach it as so.
Its not as black and white as you are suggesting BG but we do need to believe in ourselves more. And stop the sloppy passing.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Cut out the sloppy passing - just invites pressure all the time and get a recognised striker in; we'd fly then.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
To be honest I thought we had a reasonable half there, we just need to stop creating problems for ourselves. If I was the manager I'd have Bong off and Suttner on as I'm seeing Bong as a liability.
Thank God you are not a manager.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Tough game for Bong to come back in. Thought overall he was excellent.
Likewise - steady game to come back against the Arsenal. Mind you, half on here would like him to pack his bags! Gets too much unnecessary stick.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I know it's a cliché​ regarding the atmosphere at the ground but on my first visit I was genuinely surprised.

My uncle was a season ticket holder at Highbury for many many years but didn't like the new ground and stopped going.

There is something completely non authentic about the place.

My Uncle must be turning in his grave :) He did warn me.

You do wonder, West Ham, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs and many others trading iconic stadia for big, soulless replacements.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Reasonable account of ourselves so pleased with that. Confused why Suttner and Knockhart didn't start. They are both better than Bong or Izquierdo right now. Plus Bong and Izquierdo both hand a negative hand in their goals. Izquierdo foul for the first then Bong turned his back on the ball instead of facing it down and the ball went back across the box instead of towards where the shot was taken from. Then for the secondgoal he Could have read that back heel although it was class so hard to critize there and Izquierdo didn't follow the runner at all and he scores. But then I doubt that's Izquierdo s game so not sure why he started and Knockhart is better at tracking back. Really disappointed they didn't start. And before the Bong lovers cry foul over his contributions in the two goals I give you that ball he kicked right out under no pressure. Still I'm glad we're in these games and not getting spanked so thank you CH for that.
Oh, did Bruno let the ball run under his foot, when it was an easy trap! You forgot that right!!!!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You do wonder, West Ham, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs and many others trading iconic stadia for big, soulless replacements.
I'm not sure it's just the stadium and I suspect Spurs will be a different proposition having learnt from Arsenal mistakes.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
From a poster on Goonersworld:

Prem littered with too many Mickey Mouse clubs these days. The likes of Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth, Burnley, and Swansea etc have no business being at this level making the league look untidy. Sooner they're gone and replaced by clubs with some actual history and tradition such as Leeds, Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, and Villa, the better.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Prem littered with too many Mickey Mouse clubs these days. The likes of Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth, Burnley, and Swansea etc have no business being at this level making the league look untidy. Sooner they're gone and replaced by clubs with some actual history and tradition such as Leeds, Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, and Villa, the better.

If any club looked Mickey Mouse it was Arsenal with all the tourists taking selfies as if it was Disney world.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

He's going to have a long wait.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

The bloke is obviously not happy with the atmosphere we created today. Does he think those clubs will do a better job?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

The great irony there is that two of the clubs he lists HAVE history in it's 'silverware' form, and they all have tradition. Just an ignorant modern 'fan' siphoning off Sky Sports info on MASSIVE CLUBS.

Likewise - steady game to come back against the Arsenal. Mind you, half on here would like him to pack his bags! Gets too much unnecessary stick.

Yeh strong chance he'll hold off Suttner for the Everton game. Showed a turn of pace not seen from him in a while

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here