Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League 30/9 - 1/10

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Blimey, after losing ground on their rivals today Chelsea will need to tonk their next opponents. Wouldn't want to be them whoever they are.

:jester:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey, after losing ground on their rivals today Chelsea will need to tonk their next opponents. Wouldn't want to be them whoever they are.

:jester:

Oi that's my line!

Hills have a special from 1030, Kane to score twice at 4/1 in the Huddersfield match. If you fancy Palace to break their duck then it's 13/8 for them to score today

WOW that must be the WORST odds ive ever seen offered ...Away at Manu , a team with no goals in 6 league matches and only 13/8 - should be 5/1 minimum. I wouldnt take 13/8 on US scoring at old trafford

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Newcastle 1 - 1 Liverpool

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'd go along with that except I'd say the top 8 (I'm including SCC).

Maybe Burnley maybe ahead of Stains? With the games they've played and points on the board I'm thinking they may be clear already.

Everton will come good surely ... not too soon though!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe Burnley maybe ahead of Stains? With the games they've played and points on the board I'm thinking they may be clear already.
5 points ahead of us with 31 games to go, they're not exactly out of sight, but they have picked up surprising points away from home. Certainly as things stand they don't look like they'll be relegated. I don't think there will be 3 terrible teams that conspire to keep us up (like last year), we'll just have to get the points. And that's going to be a fight to the end.

Everton will come good surely ... not too soon though!!
Probably in 2 weeks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
5 points ahead of us with 31 games to go, they're not exactly out of sight, but they have picked up surprising points away from home. Certainly as things stand they don't look like they'll be relegated. I don't think there will be 3 terrible teams that conspire to keep us up (like last year), we'll just have to get the points. And that's going to be a fight to the end.

Probably in 2 weeks.

Burnley are superior. They've built a PL able squad over many windows from their two PL spells and Dyche has the experience of several seasons in the division. Dyche spoke recently in a radio interview about his players now having the advantage from having previously played at all the so called big club stadia, so they lack the fear factor.

This wouldn't be a disaster for our fate, as other low performing clubs are thrust down into the relegation mix.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Burnley are superior. They've built a PL able squad over many windows from their two PL spells and Dyche has the experience of several seasons in the division. Dyche spoke recently in a radio interview about his players now having the advantage from having previously played at all the so called big club stadia, so they lack the fear factor.

This wouldn't be a disaster for our fate, as other low performing clubs are thrust down into the relegation mix.
They're 6th favourites to go down. The players from most teams have previously played at the big club's grounds too.

When there are 10 games of the season left, how many teams do you think will be fighting to avoid relegation, and if we're one of them, which teams would you like the others to be?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They're 6th favourites to go down. The players from most teams have previously played at the big club's grounds too.

When there are 10 games of the season left, how many teams do you think will be fighting to avoid relegation, and if we're one of them, which teams would you like the others to be?

The odds reflect the long term book of cash flows, so aren't swung by some great results at this stage.

I realise Burnely won't finish in the top 7, but IMO I can't see them being in relegation mix next May.

Players - Brighton and Hudd's squads have seen very little PL action. That's an immediate advantage over two apparent relegation rivals.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I realise Burnely won't finish in the top 7, but IMO I can't see them being in relegation mix next May.
It's looking like they won't be, but who do you think will be?

Players - Brighton and Hudd's squads have seen very little PL action. That's an immediate advantage over two apparent relegation rivals.
Yes, just two clubs. There are going to be more than a couple of clubs fighting relegation.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Not out of sight by a long way but in the context of original post where I was thinking anyone outside of top 6 (+Everton) to draw when against each other, I'm now thinking I'm looking for Burnley to win (next game WHU at Home btw)

Even though early days I think Burnley could be out of the equation (although I still have us to take 4 points from them!)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm now thinking I'm looking for Burnley to win
Madness (except when they're playing the worst 5 clubs).

Even though early days I think Burnley could be out of the equation
So, as I asked Weststander, when there are 10 games of the season left, how many teams do you think will be fighting to avoid relegation, and if we're one of them, which teams would you like the others to be?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

So, as I asked Weststander, when there are 10 games of the season left, how many teams do you think will be fighting to avoid relegation, and if we're one of them, which teams would you like the others to be?

I don't see Burnley being bottom five and whilst I don't think they'll finish above all the other 'also rans' they have shown enough early season form to suggest they will be ok.

With 10 games to go I'd expect at least 10 teams to be still trying to avoid relegation so in my mind it's more a case of who it won't be, and right now I've no real idea. In terms of Burnley though I'd be totally confident of staying up if we could finish above them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't see Burnley being bottom five
So who will?

With 10 games to go I'd expect at least 10 teams to be still trying to avoid relegation
Indeed, and a bit of bad luck on the field, or with injuries could push one or two closer to the drop. I certainly don't see Everton going down, so I'd rather they had beat Burnley today. Against Huddersfield and Swansea, I guess I'd rather Burnley win than lose, but I'd still be happy with draws.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So who will?

Indeed, and a bit of bad luck on the field, or with injuries could push one or two closer to the drop. I certainly don't see Everton going down, so I'd rather they had beat Burnley today. Against Huddersfield and Swansea, I guess I'd rather Burnley win than lose, but I'd still be happy with draws.

Did you see this ... I'd take that :)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41468743

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Sorry for the delay, I had a break from NSC!

The bottom 5 / 6 IMO will be,

Bournemouth
Brighton
Palace
Swansea
Huddersfield
and possibly WBA.

NOT:
West Ham - miserable fans and dysfunctional club, but they've bought safety with several match winners.
Everton - shite Koeman has spent £150m so he/his successor will see them to top 10.
Leicester - again quite a few classy match winners. If the poor form continues, the billionaire owners will simply sack CS and replace him with quality.

N.B. SOMETHING WILL GO WRONG WITH THESE PREDICTIONS. IT ALWAYS DOES, OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE SO EASY TO MAKE A KILLING BETTING ON THIS STUFF.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sorry for the delay, I had a break from NSC!

The bottom 5 / 6 IMO will be,

Bournemouth
Brighton
Palace
Swansea
Huddersfield
and possibly WBA.

NOT:
West Ham - miserable fans and dysfunctional club, but they've bought safety with several match winners.
Everton - shite Koeman has spent £150m so he/his successor will see them to top 10.
Leicester - again quite a few classy match winners. If the poor form continues, the billionaire owners will simply sack CS and replace him with quality.

N.B. SOMETHING WILL GO WRONG WITH THESE PREDICTIONS. IT ALWAYS DOES, OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE SO EASY TO MAKE A KILLING BETTING ON THIS STUFF.

Well you've got the same as the super dupa computa. I'll stick my neck out and say I'd replace WBA with WHU for all the obvious reasons (emotional vs rational)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well you've got the same as the super dupa computa. I'll stick my neck out and say I'd replace WBA with WHU for all the obvious reasons (emotional vs rational)

As much as I hate Pulis's brand of football, it works. Their main problem is a lack of goals and ineffective strikers, which may eventually put them into the relegation mixer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here