Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malaysian Grand Prix

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Well the good news is that a Hamilton win and Vettel failing to secure a point will mean Hamilton can afford to take 2nd place in the remaining GPs and still win. Be interesting to see what Ferrari do as Vettel didn't even get out of the garage for qualifying so must be doubts whether they can sort it enough by tomorrow for him to get some points! Deep joy.

How many races left?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Raikkonen can reproduce the start he got last week before he was forced into the wall he could well jump Hamilton at the start.

Verstappen is a loose canon on starts too so this could be the highlight of the race :smile:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey it's all going against Ferrari, Kimi's car back in the pits. Will start from the pit lane if they can sort the problem

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Hamilton struggling with battery power. Bottas looking slow too but hopefully can keep Ricciardo behind him to protect Lewis.

With Verstappen's luck with technical issues this season he is not guaranteed the win quite yet.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good for F1 that there now seem to be three teams that can win races on pure pace. Red Bull killing Mercedes at the moment.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Could be interesting if it starts raining just after the leaders pit as they would have to come in again for wets but as Vettel is on the harder tyre would effectively get a free pit stop and would be right up with the leaders

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Vettel is a danger to everyone on track even after the end of the race and then tries to blame it on the rookie! What a ****

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Without having seen a replay I am going for Vettel being driver of the day going on to be chump of the day. He of course is blaming Stroll.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Never much talk about Stoffel...had a good season in a terrible car.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Being able to beat Alonso in the same make of car is a massive achievement

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
C4 team really talking up Ferrari as likely the dominate the rest of the season and insinuating that Vettel has the title in his sights.

All hype, as they're furtively failing to mention:

Red Bull will take podiums. Vettel needs to win and win.
Mercedes will work on their car weaknesses, with great expertise and speed.
Hamilton's experience and genius.
The remaining tracks won't all favour Ferrari over Mercedes and Red Bull.

Hamilton took second today, when in the 5th best car of this GP = a great drive and vital points were gained.

When he retires, Verstappen will be the one to follow. Seems like a good bloke (not a cock like Rosberg or Vettel), and he's a great driver already.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
C4 team really talking up Ferrari as likely the dominate the rest of the season and insinuating that Vettel has the title in his sights.

All hype, as they're furtively failing to mention:

Red Bull will take podiums. Vettel needs to win and win.
Mercedes will work on their car weaknesses, with great expertise and speed.
Hamilton's experience and genius.
The remaining tracks won't all favour Ferrari over Mercedes and Red Bull.

Hamilton took second today, when in the 5th best car of this GP = a great drive and vital points were gained.

When he retires, Verstappen will be the one to follow. Seems like a good bloke (not a cock like Rosberg or Vettel), and he's a great driver already.

I like Karun and he was trying to explain why he thought the Mercedes were off the pace. Something to do with the heat and a wet track but the commentators interrupted him twice to shout and get excited about a routine bit of overtaking. He never got to finish what he was saying.

Anyway it seems the weather and the circuit didn't suit Mercedes but Hamilton embarrassed Bottas and Vettel had unbelievable pace.

It's going to be an exciting last five races I think.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Alonso wants a Renault engine next season?Should have given him to Toro Rosso and kept the Honda deal.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Alonso wants a Renault engine next season?Should have given him to Toro Rosso and kept the Honda deal.

The same Renault engine that won the race? I think I'd back the Renault engine over a Honda one. Neither are that reliable though.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The same Renault engine that won the race? I think I'd back the Renault engine over a Honda one. Neither are that reliable though.

If you think that was a Renault engine,then you are severely misinformed!How did the Renault works cars do?:)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here