Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert & his dad's death

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Anthony Knockaert "I'm trying to cope"

Brighton forward Anthony Knockaert on struggling to deal with his father's death: 'I am trying to cope... but it's time to get some help'

What follows is tough for a man of only 25, a conversation nobody deserves to have at that age. It is largely about his father, Patrick, who passed away aged 63 last November after a cancer diagnosis that came from nowhere only weeks before.

Anthony Knockaert

We're very lucky to have him :thumbsup:

MODS please merge
See [MENTION=33890]SeagullofMalaysia[/MENTION] thread:)

Last edited:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
It seems he is human after all, but it's good to see he recognises he needs help

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Apologies as repeated

AK is feeling what everyone else goes through in life, losing your parents.
It's not nice, but eventually you get through it.
He's at the right club and has the right people around him to support him, to get through this difficult period of time.
We're very lucky to have him here :)

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Great article and brilliant to know how much he loves our club and the support he has received. Keep strong Anthony and it will get easier.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Something that won’t have helped is the group of Newcastle fans that continuously hounded him on social media mocking Patrick’s passing and editing images of AK. He’s now removed himself from Twitter and they’ve been celebrating that they’ve ‘bullied him off Twitter’. *****.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Something that won’t have helped is the group of Newcastle fans that continuously hounded him on social media mocking Patrick’s passing and editing images of AK. He’s now removed himself from Twitter and they’ve been celebrating that they’ve ‘bullied him off Twitter’. *****.
There's one trolling a Brighton YouTube vlogger atm, utter scum!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
As [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] said in the Ryan Rose thread, they also mercilessly berated Hemed with anti-Semitic slants, going as far as tweeting 'bring Auschwitz back'... which was pretty daft when considering that the player they defended so much, Yedlin, is also a Jew.

Most of Newcastle's younger fans are really a bunch of pricks online with massive chips on their shoulders

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
As [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] said in the Ryan Rose thread, they also mercilessly berated Hemed with anti-Semitic slants, going as far as tweeting 'bring Auschwitz back'... which was pretty daft when considering that the player they defended so much, Yedlin, is also a Jew.

Most of Newcastle's younger fans are really a bunch of pricks online with massive chips on their shoulders

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Twitter (unlike Facebook) is quite good at dealing with racist, homophobic and malicious tweets. It's easy to report them and then mute/block them.
Unfortunately, some of our fans indulge the mockers by getting into a Twitter spat, which is giving these morons attention, which is what they want.

Everybody handles grief differently, and in their own time.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I lost my dad, when I was a similar age. Didnt really sink in, until months later, how much I missed him. Still do.

it doesn't really matter how old you are.......it hurts like hell that they're not here any more , the pain fades over the years and it is real pain and , as you say , they are always missed...

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I lost my dad, when I was a similar age. Didnt really sink in, until months later, how much I missed him. Still do.

:(

I lost my mom a year and a half ago to the horrid C word at just 59. I relapsed on alcohol after being sober as soon as I got on the plane back from SA got a tattoo which I swore I never would. but love it. The hardest bit was I only had enough money for flights to see her for what I knew would be the last time or not attend the funeral.. I think I made the right choice and came to see her but not attending the funeral hurts still. I like to think she would have agreed with that decision

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

I lost my mom a year and a half ago to the horrid C word at just 59. I relapsed on alcohol after being sober as soon as I got on the plane back from SA got a tattoo which I swore I never would. but love it. The hardest bit was I only had enough money for flights to see her for what I knew would be the last time or not attend the funeral.. I think I made the right choice and came to see her but not attending the funeral hurts still. I like to think she would have agreed with that decision

It was definitely the right decision, she would have been heartbroken not to see you one last time, the funeral would have been for you, the visit was for her & was much more important, she would have been so happy to see you.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It was definitely the right decision, she would have been heartbroken not to see you one last time, the funeral would have been for you, the visit was for her & was much more important, she would have been so happy to see you.

Thank you I would have been a mess at the funeral. We went out on a boat in SA whilst it was on and put some of her favourite flowers in with Dolphins she was a HUGE animal lover

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014

Can these people be identified ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Its his private affair and should stay that way.

Everybody handles grief differently. Some people find it helps to talk about it, like Knocky and Rio Ferdinand, especially if they can't come to terms with their loss.
It can also help other people who think they may be the only ones feeling like that, and not wanting to ask for help.
It's like mental health, and dealing with emotions. Never be ashamed to say that you're not ok.

Others, possibly like yourself, deal with loss and grief in a private manner, and that's ok too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Standing shoulder to shoulder with you on this bro :thumbsup: UTA

PS - You made the right decision, as horrible as it was for you to be put in that predicament - stay strong :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here