Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club will be writing to those who purchased a ticket for Bournemouth [but didn't go]

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Only 45% of the money goes to Brighton in a cup game, and zero in a league game, so why should those fans get loyalty points?
Yes, there are some circumstances where fans can't go at the last minute, but they are few and far between.
Tickets are in great demand right now, so don't buy them unless you're sure you can go.

Again you're complaining about a decision the club has made (giving loyalty points for an away game), and laying the blame on the consequences of that decision at the feet of fans.

Surely at some stage people are going to have to start questioning the club's handling of this, even a little bit.

Don't worry though, I can't get away tickets to go to. Not in the Brighton end anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You do realise that the people you are complaining about, these "cheats", are also the same loyal, paying customers that have been going to home AND away games for many many years. Know how I know this? Because to get away tickets this season you have to have had a season ticket for a very, very long time.

Ergo, what you're suggesting is that the club punish some of their most loyal customers.

Next you'll be telling me that the club should punish me as a ST holder if I don't go to home games (maybe because I'm getting sick of the whining of other fans).

But hey, don't let logic hit you on the way out.

Other long term loyal customers are missing out. Please don't tell me 592 people got a last minute illness!

The letter is just a last minute warning to deter points harvesting in future.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't recall giving AFC Bournemouth my explicit consent to share my data (if my ticket was scanned upon entrance and when) with a third party (Brighton & Hove Albion FC). Did anyone else?

From their website >>> "We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to third-parties without your consent, "

Pretty damning in itself.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Those that did attend should get a bonus 50 points for the team fielded with no strikers

Another fair point. Having watched the game for 120 minutes, suffered the Bournemouth catering again, I have to wonder at the irony of the club suggesting some fans have cheated. The only cheats here are the club for entering a competition that is clearly an inconvenience. If they played a first team for cup games we wouldn't have this problem.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Again you're complaining about a decision the club has made (giving loyalty points for an away game), and laying the blame on the consequences of that decision at the feet of fans.

Surely at some stage people are going to have to start questioning the club's handling of this, even a little bit.

Don't worry though, I can't get away tickets to go to. Not in the Brighton end anyway.

Last year the equivalent game was away to Oxford. I went, and everyone who wanted a ticket got one. The away cup game was worth 10 points.
It was the Huddersfield game on Sky, on a Thursday night, where the Terriers only charged £10, that a load of people realised you could harvest points for a little outlay.
The fans are to blame because the loyalty scheme didn't change that much. The biggest change was to season ticket holders accumulation.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Iris Recognition Entry Scanning is the answer Barber. Every ticket buyer has to pay £70 to register on the clubs eye scanner register.
If anyone think that's a bit rich, we could all raise a middle finger to the Board to gain access on a finger print scanner.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I don't deny that you need to have shown loyalty in order to have enough points to buy away tickets this season. That's obvious. But where does it say that having a certain number of points gives you the right to seat block and prevent other fans attending? If that was the case they may as well just sell away season tickets to the top 3,000 in the queue and not worry about whether anyone actually turns up.

And yes, I am saying the club should punish loyal fans IF those loyal fans are taking the piss.

By your logic I'm 'seat blocking' if I don't turn up to use my seat at a home game as it affects other fans that may want to go. Guess who created the flaw with that ticketing system too...

You do realise they pretty much have created a system that allows a small percentage of fans (who are amongst our most loyal) to have a monopoly on away game tickets this year... I would hazard a guess that most people going to away games see the same faces every week. That's because of the system in place... which again is created by the club. I only went to four away games last year and I can safely say that it was the same crowd most weeks. So they pretty much have given those specific sets of fans.

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
I just got invited to Arsenal, after missing out myself, as some mates have had a drop out. Guess what..... I'm going.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I'm happy to put questions to the club for further understanding of the implementation of this.

The obvious ones is the last-minute illness/life emergency that means someone is unable to attend and there is insufficient time to return the ticket to the Albion. What is a fan to do? If they don't go at all then they may be punished. If they give the ticket to someone who can use it, they may also be punished. Which is the better, or least bad, action to take?

Son & me been to every away match apart from Bmuff & Arsenal.
Son plays football every other Saturday so hope this particular Saturday is not a match day for him as has been the case so far.
But fixtures for next term are not released until 7/10 days beforehand.
To ensure we have the option of going to Swansea I have to purchase Swansea tickets Tuesday.
If it clash's with his match day we then have to make a decision....
If we do not go and do not pass on as requested by club I could get penalised AND if I do pass on so that another fan can go I could also get penalised.
I would be happy to pass on any unused tickets (and points) when circumstance means I cannot go but their is no official facility to do this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
By your logic I'm 'seat blocking' if I don't turn up to use my seat at a home game as it affects other fans that may want to go. Guess who created the flaw with that ticketing system too...

You do realise they pretty much have created a system that allows a small percentage of fans (who are amongst our most loyal) to have a monopoly on away game tickets this year... I would hazard a guess that most people going to away games see the same faces every week. That's because of the system in place... which again is created by the club. I only went to four away games last year and I can safely say that it was the same crowd most weeks. So they pretty much have given those specific sets of fans.

It was always going to happen when we got promoted. Never mind the novelty will wear off soon or we could get relegated and then the loyal fans will get the tickets they really want.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Sledgehammer. Nut.

I've go not objection whatsoever to these individuals getting their nuts sledgehammered. The bigger the sledgehammer the better. Shameful behaviour, and I suspect many of those having a little whinge now may be receiving a letter in the post in the next few days.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would you be having this argument over a cinema ticket?

And it's not cheating. These people have paid their money.

If the cinema only had 100 seats, with 200 people wanting to go in, then yes, I would be having exactly the same argument.
There are not enough tickets to go round for any away game at the moment.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Club will be writing to those who purchased a ticket for Bournemouth [but didn't go]

:clap2:

Good.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Club will be writing to those who purchased a ticket for Bournemouth [but didn't go]

Just received my letter. Good on them !!!

Dear Sir ,

We are sorry to hear you could not attend Bournemouth match..As a gesture to one of our loyal supporters who could not attend due to unforseen circumstances we would like to reimburse your ticket cost.

Cheque enclosed,

Best Wishes

BHAFC

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You do realise they pretty much have created a system that allows a small percentage of fans (who are amongst our most loyal) to have a monopoly on away game tickets this year...

I have to say, I am struggling to see why this is somehow seen as 'wrong' in a season when demand would always massively outstrip supply. Who else should get the tickets, if not those who have demonstrated themselves to be the most loyal over recent years?

And I write this as someone who would love to go to an away fixture but has a 0% chance of doing so all the time we are in the PL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here