Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club will be writing to those who purchased a ticket for Bournemouth [but didn't go]

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think you need to re-read my post. I'm not debating the merits of points and game attendance; I said the club need to clarify what "identifiable abuse" is. One game, two, what if you're ill? Transport issues? Or have a change of mind and just can be arsed to travel x miles in a day?

But the club selling a ticket which you now must use, and which you already cannot re-sell, transfer or return in any way at all, doesn't sit well with me at all. That's not fair. If the club want to enforce these rules they have to give something back like enabling returns etc. It's too one sided. We've gone from fans, to customers, to being treated with contempt.

I disagree. The club are not doing it for themselves. Why should they care which 3000 fans attend the match The only reason they are investing the time in addressing this issue is to make it fairer for the fans. It's disappointing if they subsequently get it in the neck from you and others.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I disagree. The club are not doing it for themselves. Why should they care which 3000 fans attend the match The only reason they are investing the time in addressing this issue is to make it fairer for the fans. It's disappointing if they subsequently get it in the neck from you and others.

Well - fairness didn't seem to be an issue dealt with by the club last season?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's the club's fault and Tony's dysfunctional system is the reason for fans' ill-use and exploitation of it at fellow fans expense. Heard it all.

Judging by some of the outrage on here, it's clear we might have identified a few harvesters.

You've nailed it. Harvesting cheats don't like being told off, nor the idea that it's the end of the road after just a couple of months for the scheming.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
How on earth can club be suprised with what happened. If tickets had been £1 even more would have done it. There was a system in place that said buy a ticket and you will get loyalty points. If it increased the chances of a genuine supporter been able to go to there chosen away games who can blame them. They have now rightly put in place only get points if attend game. I didnt buy a ticket but those that did and didnt go, just used system club put in place that was always going to deprive some that wanted to go. All that was needed was club saying we messed up and now changing. Not heavy handed notices or contact with people that didnt go.
Barbers wording so often over the top. I have only ever contacted him once to pass some information on to him. Whilst didnt need a reply would understand if received a "Thank you for letting us know" Instead received a whole page reply going on and on. I think he just likes writing/emailing

Why do you and others keep blaming the club. The club didn't shaft any of the fans, the fans did that by themselves...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
This. All that is required is to say "we [the club] f****d up, we've learnt the lesson and we'll be looking very
closely at the points allocation for games in future because OUR system has been abused".

But no - the heavy-handed, clumsy response seems to have prevailed.

No sorry, the loyal fans killed the Golden Goose and now they are bleating like stuck pigs (please excuse the animal analogies if you are a vegan)...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here