Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club will be writing to those who purchased a ticket for Bournemouth [but didn't go]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Following the abuse by some supporters of Brighton & Hove Albion's loyalty point scheme at the Carabao Cup match with AFC Bournemouth, the following changes to the scheme were agreed at yesterday’s club board meeting:

• terms and conditions of the loyalty point scheme will be amended so that loyalty points are awarded on match attendance - for both home and away games - and not simply on ticket purchase;
  • the club now reserve the right to reconcile attendance data from host clubs with away match tickets sold; and loyalty points may only be awarded once this process is complete;
  • where attendance data isn’t available from host clubs, the club reserves the right to use other pre and post-turnstile methods to measure and record supporter attendance at matches against tickets sold;
  • identifiable abuses of the loyalty scheme will result in loyalty point deductions and may also result in possible further sanctions (including a further deduction of points or an away ticket ban);
  • where away match tickets are purchased and passed on for use by other fans, not eligible for the tickets, supporters risk punitive sanctions including loyalty point reductions and an away ticket ban.

The above changes will be implemented with immediate effect.

The club’s board is committed to maintaining a loyalty point scheme that is fair and transparent for all fans.

The loyalty point scheme is primarily designed to drive support for the team and to reward fans for their help in doing this.

When demand for tickets exceeds supply for most of our away games, and whilst the vast majority of fans buy tickets to support the team, it is clear that some fans are tempted to “harvest” points for matches they don’t wish to attend.

This type of behaviour is against the spirit of the club’s loyalty scheme, doesn’t provide any support to the team, and stops other fans from attending matches along with the chance to build their own loyalty point totals.

If identified, this behaviour will now lead to punitive sanctions as outlined above. The club will not issue any further warnings before taking action.

Meanwhile the club will be writing to those supporters who purchased a ticket for the Bournemouth Carabao Cup match but did not attend.

Source >>> https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/september/loyalty-scheme-update/

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
How will they know if you're using someone's ticket for an away game ?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

They won't but suspect that if you can't prove or won't prove you are the person who bought the ticket then they just penalize the person that bought the ticket!! If that was you then you've shot yourself in the foot and if it is a mate, he get's a ban. They can't force you to show id but the stewards can make you show your ticket.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They won't but suspect that if you can't prove or won't prove you are the person who bought the ticket then they just penalize the person that bought the ticket!! If that was you then you've shot yourself in the foot and if it is a mate, he get's a ban. They can't force you to show id but the stewards can make you show your ticket.
Away tickets don't have names on though do they?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Why would that matter? Someone supporting BHA attends the game. If you have bought a ticket why would you attend using someone else's ticket (and if you do, you're an arse, surely?).

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
seems fair enough.
No matter what they implement will be fair to some and unfair to some, guess you can't find the perfect solution

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So one of my mates can't go Sunday so has given his ticket to another mate that was just short of points, they should both expect bans? F*** off

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• combine-harvester-new-holland-cr1090-heavyweight-world-champion.jpg
    combine-harvester-new-holland-cr1090-heavyweight-world-champion.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 920

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
So one of my mates can't go Sunday so has given his ticket to another mate that was just short of points, they should both expect bans? F*** off

There should be a waiting list for those who had sufficient points but missed out so anyone not able to go has an easy way to pass their ticket (and the loyalty points) on.

As there isn’t I’m not sure what someone who genuinely can’t go is supposed to do.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People can't say they've not been warned if they've been written to and it's last chance saloon now for anyone who buys an away ticket and doesn't use it themselves
He's been to every game home and away so far this season and now can't make Sunday, it's much easier to give it to the one mate in the group that didn't manage to get a ticket then chuck it into a lottery

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

This! so a mate gives me a call the day before an away game and says '"if you fancy checking trains I've got a spare for xxxxxx away"....and the club want to deduct points/ban :ffsparr:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here