Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 297
  1. #191

    4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? You know that for certain, do you? You know the exact circumstances of every fan who's got fewer points than you? Congratulations then, you're either the world's finest seer, or God.
    For some people, for all sorts of reasons, it is hard. But of course, you're the perfect fan, so they don't count. I expect you think all poor people are poor because it's their fault too.

    Pfft..........
    The club have tens of thousands of people on their database. They can't invite people to submit an essay on why they couldn't go last season but deserve to now. It's all about cold hard stats. This isn't the X Factor where a tale of woe will see you through to boot camp (or land you a ticket to Old Trafford). Paul Barber can't be expected to sift through 23,000 back stories. I'm sure there are a small number of unfortunate people whose circumstances have changed for whatever reason. But generally speaking, the people with the most loyalty points are in that position because they've put the most time, money and effort in over the last few years. And our club, like every single other club in the country, recognises those fans are first in line for over subscribed matches. Similarly, the majority of people who haven't got enough points are in that position because they didn't do enough before PL football was on offer.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #192
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      saaf of the water
      Posts
      7,486


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes, the club made that clear last season.
      That's rediculous, there is no legal requirement to carry ID.

      As an aside, I believe there SHOULD be, but all the time there isn't, the club can't invent laws to suit themselves.
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.
    • #193

      0 Not allowed!
      The club is in a no win situation , it will inevitably p*ss off someone when demand for tickets outstrips supply and this 'over demand' will inevitably lead to people looking for ways to enhance their ability to get tickets

      Personally I think the issue has been blown out of proportion , 3 games out of the 250 games played by the Albion in the Amex era, though it might have been more, and that the response is a bit heavy handed and will make more 'victims', for example someone who who lives 150 miles away, has a season ticket but can't get to all the games is now not going to get his full quota of loyalty points and/or could be accused of 'harvesting' (leaving a seat empty that someone else wanted) , yet two seasons ago the same person would have been held up as a good example of loyalty by showing his commitment. This issue will only get compounded by Sky moving games around.

      A simple statement along the lines that in future the club will only award loyalty points based on actual attendance should have been enough....

      P.S. I bought a B'muff cup ticket and went, i bought it quite late so not sure why people could not get a ticket.
    • #194
      Test your smoke alarm Bry Nylon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Playing snooker
      Posts
      12,130


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellor 3 Ward 4 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That's rediculous, there is no legal requirement to carry ID.

      As an aside, I believe there SHOULD be, but all the time there isn't, the club can't invent laws to suit themselves.
      The club haven't invented a law, it's simply a requirement to ensure you can purchase more tickets in the future. You need ID to get on a plane, collect concert tickets, get money out the bank and countless other transactions. I need to carry ID to get into work plus prove who I am to members of the public as and when required.

      You don't need to carry ID and no one will make you but ultimately it would be you that loses out
    • #195
      5 millionth post poster Gazwag's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Location
      Bexhill-on-Sea
      Posts
      24,760


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dstanman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So does this now mean I have to carry ID to away games when there is no legal requirement to carry ID in this country
      Had to when we played Palace in the play off semi first leg otherwise you might not get in.
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter
    • #196
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Location
      Ruislip
      Posts
      13,714

      Seagull Love Review on Paul Barber 2012.


      0 Not allowed!
      His name is Paul Barber, and his introduction in the role of CEO could well have a far bigger impact on you or I than whichever on-field employee the club gives a contract to this summer.

      So, what do we know about this Barber fellow? A man who we've never heard of charged with the task of developing an infrastructure that will take us to, I don't know, the Premier League? He's the guy that, as a fan, you should take a lot of notice of. He's the one who will be quoted infinite times on the website, he's the man who may have a column in the programme next year, he'll be the voice of good news for you, and bad news for you. Ultimately he will be the face of the club; a 'customer-facing' executive like we haven't had before, but you may have seen at other clubs.



      https://theseagulllovereview.blogspo...ackground.html


      I think PB and the club in posting the clarification of the ticket abuse, has set a precedent.
      If people who bought tickets for the Bournemouth game, and didn't go because of real reasons, then fair enough.
      But to buy and intentionally not go for the reasons of 'harvesting' points is beyond me.
      I've previously said that as I'm not a STH (my choice), I find it irksome that I couldn't go to this game, because of the latter issues.
      Oh well, life's not always fair, so C'est la vie
    • #197
      Members Boys 9d's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Lancing
      Posts
      877


      0 Not allowed!
      I wonder how the Club would deal with a situation where supporters were unable to attend a match as happened to Manchester United supporters stuck on the M3 when travelling to Southampton recently due to a suspected terrorist incident?
    • #198

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by m20gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think the club is taking a draconian line on this. I speak as a fan for over 40 years who has seen the Albion play at over 100 grounds and only missed one game at Gillingham, so tend to think of myself as "loyal". I am in tier 3 for current games so little prospect of tickets at the moment, but that is how it is. I have been to less than 10 away in the last four years so there should be loads of people in the queue ahead of me for the glamour ties and good luck to them. I am sad but it's my own fault.

      So why do I think the club is draconian? Because if the problem is harvesting then all you need to do is make the allocation of fresh loyalty points dependant on attendance not purchase. Threatening to punish people who legitimately purchase tickets but whose circumstances change is going too far.
      Exactly this. Very unreasonable to penalise people who cannot attend for genuine reasons - not only do they miss the game, they also get docked points because of it!
    • #199
      Members Sergei's Celebration's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      I've come back home.
      Posts
      3,541


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I've worked in Information Security and I think the host club giving this data to the Albion could be in quite a sticky position.

      Curiously, however, those who don't attend are unlikely to be able to take action since, as they didn't attend the host club does not have any entrance scan data on them. It's only those who do attend that the host club has data on, and seems to be passing to the Albion.

      I might pursue Bournemouth with the ICO on this, because I'm interested to see how it plays out.
      I've worked in security compliance and as mentioned on another post I disagree. However let me know how the ico route pans out, I'd be interested.

      Ticket data alone, much like a number plate, is not pii.
      Last edited by Sergei's Celebration; 29-09-2017 at 23:57.
      Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      '...and a ladyboy is a soldier's joy at Sussex by the Sea...'
    • #200
      Loving The Alien Beach Hut's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Living In a Box
      Posts
      63,707


      0 Not allowed!
      Maybe the club should have a sickness number just in case you cannot attend an away game you have a ticket for, like at work, ring in sick and if you continue to do it you may get invited to an interview to discuss your non-attendance.
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •