Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simontheseagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not an obsession, just an observation.

I have enough loyalty points to buy a Swansea ticket next Tuesday. I am not fussed about going to this particular match as I have another commitment for that match day. This would allow someone with fewer points than me to attend that match.

However with 15 loyalty points being awarded I can't miss this match as I want to go make sure I can go to other away matches this year; in particular away to Tottenham and Chelsea.
    That's a situation I imagine a few people are in. At least the announcement tonight makes it clear if you want the points you have to go. So either way, whether you go or not, the system produces a fair result.

On another note, I wonder if this clamour for away tickets will die down a bit soon. Looking at the fixture list we have Arsenal, West Ham, Man United, Spurs and Chelsea tickets all sold by the end of November. After that there isn't anything particularly exciting until March, and even then the only remaining glamour games are a long way up north.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Sorry but if you are going to blame anyone blame the people who gamed the system and got Bournemouth tickets with no intention of going (although hard on the minority who were ill or had genuine reasons not to be able to go.

Only change I can think of is to not give points out if the away allocation sells out as getting the ticket should be the reward.
      @Bozza analysis on Data Protection sounds solid though.
      Unreasonable drinker

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      It was a shambles.

Fans who wanted to go stopped by point harvesters taking the available seats and then not showing up.

Utter, utter shambles.
      Right! For every five fans claiming they were desperate to go to a mid week reserve team cup fixture, I might believe just one of them!

0 Not allowed!
      So does this now mean I have to carry ID to away games when there is no legal requirement to carry ID in this country

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
      What's this obsession some people have about helping fans with fewer points? They could have helped themselves last season by going to more games. It wasn't hard.
      Really? You know that for certain, do you? You know the exact circumstances of every fan who's got fewer points than you? Congratulations then, you're either the world's finest seer, or God.
      For some people, for all sorts of reasons, it is hard. But of course, you're the perfect fan, so they don't count. I expect you think all poor people are poor because it's their fault too.

Pfft..........
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I think the club is taking a draconian line on this. I speak as a fan for over 40 years who has seen the Albion play at over 100 grounds and only missed one game at Gillingham, so tend to think of myself as "loyal". I am in tier 3 for current games so little prospect of tickets at the moment, but that is how it is. I have been to less than 10 away in the last four years so there should be loads of people in the queue ahead of me for the glamour ties and good luck to them. I am sad but it's my own fault.

So why do I think the club is draconian? Because if the problem is harvesting then all you need to do is make the allocation of fresh loyalty points dependant on attendance not purchase. Threatening to punish people who legitimately purchase tickets but whose circumstances change is going too far.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellor 3 Ward 4 View Post
      But people still purchased tickets, and therefore got loyalty points, without going.
      But nobody was prevented from going to the Barnet game as many are bleating about with regard to Bournemouth. There is nothing wrong with the scheme, just the way the Bournemouth game was handled.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Really? You know that for certain, do you? You know the exact circumstances of every fan who's got fewer points than you? Congratulations then, you're either the world's finest seer, or God.
      For some people, for all sorts of reasons, it is hard. But of course, you're the perfect fan, so they don't count. I expect you think all poor people are poor because it's their fault too.

Pfft..........
      And for some reason those people that struggled to get to games previously are now bleating that, as their circumstances all seem to have miraculously change for the better they could, if they could get a ticket, get to the Arsenal game!!

We all know there will be some whose circumstances prevented them going to games previously but I would suggest for the overwhelming majority it was their choice not to go to those games.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dstanman View Post
      So does this now mean I have to carry ID to away games when there is no legal requirement to carry ID in this country
      Yes, the club made that clear last season.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dstanman View Post
      Of course not. Your problem will then be that if you chose not to prove that the ticket you have is assigned to you then you might not get any more in the future. Your choice.