Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 297
  1. #161
    Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beside the seaside, beside the sea
    Posts
    33,960


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So your opinion is always right? My god, what an arrogant woman you are.
    If you say so. My opinion is that the club is right on this situation. If tha makes me arrogant, then so be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
    If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #162
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Valhalla
      Posts
      17,712


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No mention of the Barnet non attendees? Why? There were thousands of these? What's the difference? If anything it's worse because these people were likely to be no where near the most loyal fans. Are they getting a letter too?

      What about anyone that didn't go to a match earlier in the season? There were three empty seats near us at Watford. Will they get a letter? Where will it all end?

      All very odd. Very odd.
      Barnet didn't sell out is the difference. So no one was prevented from going by a harvester.
      Out of contract June 2018 : Maenpaa, Bruno, Bong, Rosenior, Hunemeier, Sidwell, Ince, LuaLua, Hemed
    • #163
      Members Jack Daniels's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Buggers Hole
      Posts
      1,150


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by poidy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think the club could be on dangerous ground here with regards to data protection.

      By providing data of everyone that was in attendance, they are also providing data (albeit invisible data) of those people that didn't attend.

      To then use this against you by sending a letter to your home address is quite frankly disgraceful.

      All this because of an isolated incident at Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup in which 600 fans didn't show up.

      The club need to be extremely careful here because it is these sort of draconian measures where people begin to say "I don't need this hassle" anymore for a game of football. Personally I can totally understand that mentality.

      If someone falls ill on the day of a game the following now applies:

      They cannot give their ticket away to a friend.
      They cannot sell their ticket.
      They also face a ban on future games if they don't attend, despite a genuine reason for non attendance.

      A lot of people are extremely disgruntled about the changes to loyalty points this season. I know someone who attended 12 away games last year, yet hasn't been able to get a ticket so far this season. That is fundamentally wrong.

      Away game loyalty points should be based on away games only, and this comes from someone who has the maximum number of season ticket points.

      I'd expect this sort of over reaction from Paul Barber - frankly it's in his make up. What's disappointing however is that someone more measured (dare I say our chairman Tony Bloom) hasn't reigned him in on this one.

      The club have got this so wrong.




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      A lot of people are disgruntled because they could accumalate loyalty points very quickly under the previous system. The previous system was wrong. Why should someone who held a season ticket for 1 year get the same 1k pts as someone who held it for 5 years.

      Where i sympathise is the previous system was in place far too long. It also arguably mis led those who thought they would be in at least t2 for aways then suddenly found themselves in t4.

      Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      Vicente
    • #164
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      33,960


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No mention of the Barnet non attendees? Why? There were thousands of these? What's the difference? If anything it's worse because these people were likely to be no where near the most loyal fans. Are they getting a letter too?

      What about anyone that didn't go to a match earlier in the season? There were three empty seats near us at Watford. Will they get a letter? Where will it all end?

      All very odd. Very odd.
      The club did mention Barnet, just not in this release. It was in the previous missive, and mentioned on the Albion Roar.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
    • #165
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      39,373


      5 Not allowed!
      Given the club's new found stance I presume they will demonstrate consistently and not include no-shows in the match attendance? Anything else will be hypocritical.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #166
      Members BNthree's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Location
      WeHo
      Posts
      818


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The old scheme gave 1000 points to season ticket holders rather than 20 points for each Amex year.
      No scheme is going to be perfect whilst demand outstrips supply.
      Read that some clubs have different categories of loyalty points that apply for different matches. So there are away game points, home game points and cup game points. Maybe that could help? Those that regularly attend away games will still have their points so are still first in line for away games but might give non season ticket holders a chance?
    • #167
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      33,960


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It seems to me like the only further question the club need to answer is what should a person who buys an away ticket but cannot attend for a genuine reason that crops up shortly before the match actually do?

      A) Nothing, but presumably risk penalties for non attendance
      B) Pass on to a friend, presumably risking the same penalties
      C) Contact the club and allow the ticket to be re-sold
      D) Contact the club and, if the ticket cannot be re-sold, simply own up and forego the loyalty points but avoid any punishment

      As long as they make Option C or D available then all is fair in my opinion.
      That's my concern too.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
    • #168
      Part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      BN14
      Posts
      19,779


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Barnet didn't sell out is the difference. So no one was prevented from going by a harvester.
      But is that any different? It is still harvesting points with no intention of going to the game and the t&cs state you need to attend to get the points.
    • #169

      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Or even when we were shit when Hyypia was around but suddenly as the loyalty system really does kick in as nice new good grounds to go to a lot of moaners.....
      Indeed. We didn't sell out at Reading last year. A 3pm game only 80 miles from home. Now people are kicking off because they can't get a ticket to a game in Swansea, which is three times the distance. Why all the sob stories about being cruelly excluded this season when all the evidence suggests the real reason is they just couldn't be bothered prior to us being in the big time?
    • #170
      Stupid IDIOT Ernest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      LOONEY BIN
      Posts
      36,175


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clippedgull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Tickets are non refundable so why should they not be used! Have a good time up there. I'll be cheering on via BT Sport.
      Neither are they transferable

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •