Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club will be writing to those who purchased a ticket for Bournemouth [but didn't go]

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No mention of the Barnet non attendees? Why? There were thousands of these? What's the difference? If anything it's worse because these people were likely to be no where near the most loyal fans. Are they getting a letter too?

What about anyone that didn't go to a match earlier in the season? There were three empty seats near us at Watford. Will they get a letter? Where will it all end?

All very odd. Very odd.

The club did mention Barnet, just not in this release. It was in the previous missive, and mentioned on the Albion Roar.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Given the club's new found stance I presume they will demonstrate consistently and not include no-shows in the match attendance? Anything else will be hypocritical.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The old scheme gave 1000 points to season ticket holders rather than 20 points for each Amex year.
No scheme is going to be perfect whilst demand outstrips supply.

Read that some clubs have different categories of loyalty points that apply for different matches. So there are away game points, home game points and cup game points. Maybe that could help? Those that regularly attend away games will still have their points so are still first in line for away games but might give non season ticket holders a chance?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It seems to me like the only further question the club need to answer is what should a person who buys an away ticket but cannot attend for a genuine reason that crops up shortly before the match actually do?

A) Nothing, but presumably risk penalties for non attendance
B) Pass on to a friend, presumably risking the same penalties
C) Contact the club and allow the ticket to be re-sold
D) Contact the club and, if the ticket cannot be re-sold, simply own up and forego the loyalty points but avoid any punishment

As long as they make Option C or D available then all is fair in my opinion.

That's my concern too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Barnet didn't sell out is the difference. So no one was prevented from going by a harvester.

But is that any different? It is still harvesting points with no intention of going to the game and the t&cs state you need to attend to get the points.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The club did mention Barnet, just not in this release. It was in the previous missive, and mentioned on the Albion Roar.

But are they writing to the Barnet 3,000 as they are the Bournemouth 500?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Read that some clubs have different categories of loyalty points that apply for different matches. So there are away game points, home game points and cup game points. Maybe that could help? Those that regularly attend away games will still have their points so are still first in line for away games but might give non season ticket holders a chance?

That's what we have. Some games are worth 5, some 10 and some 15.

Btw it's not Paul Barber's scheme, but was devised by Tony Bloom, himself. [MENTION=29619]sussex_guy2k2[/MENTION]

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Perhaps the current scheme should be replaced after the Bournemouth shambles ?
This is about the 8th time you have posted the same boring comment. Tell us what system you want, that puts you in the top tier and be done with it. All you keep saying is change it. But with no indication what to.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
What's this obsession some people have about helping fans with fewer points? They could have helped themselves last season by going to more games. It wasn't hard.

Not an obsession, just an observation.

I have enough loyalty points to buy a Swansea ticket next Tuesday. I am not fussed about going to this particular match as I have another commitment for that match day. This would allow someone with fewer points than me to attend that match.

However with 15 loyalty points being awarded I can't miss this match as I want to go make sure I can go to other away matches this year; in particular away to Tottenham and Chelsea.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's what we have. Some games are worth 5, some 10 and some 15.

Btw it's not Paul Barber's scheme, but was devised by Tony Bloom, himself. [MENTION=29619]sussex_guy2k2[/MENTION]

I meant the points are in different "pots" so if I buy away tickets those points are in the away pot but if I buy a cup ticket that is in the cup pot. Then when I want to buy a cup ticket next time only my cup points are taken into consideration. Stops people buying cup tickets with no intent to go as they can only use those points for other cup matches, not for the "glamour" league away games.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
8ydilz.jpg

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Sorry but if you are going to blame anyone blame the people who gamed the system and got Bournemouth tickets with no intention of going (although hard on the minority who were ill or had genuine reasons not to be able to go.

Only change I can think of is to not give points out if the away allocation sells out as getting the ticket should be the reward.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] analysis on Data Protection sounds solid though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was a shambles.

Fans who wanted to go stopped by point harvesters taking the available seats and then not showing up.

Utter, utter shambles.

Right! For every five fans claiming they were desperate to go to a mid week reserve team cup fixture, I might believe just one of them!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here