Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bellew v Haye II

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Joyce v Thomas fight was a farce, Thomas over in the 2nd

Joyce looks very poor and his manager was saying that this time next year he will be fighting for the world title. As it stands there are about 6 heavyweights in England who would beat him I thought that he was very poor.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Good fight that was! One more till the main event?

Not sure it was a good fight as such. As one sided a 12 rounder as you are ever likely to see. Butler was brave, and really interesting and entertaining to see someone box as well as Rodriguez but there was no jeopardy, no real excitement. Looked to me like Rodriguez could have taken him out whenever he wanted.

And yes one more fight to go.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Joyce looks very poor and his manager was saying that this time next year he will be fighting for the world title. As it stands there are about 6 heavyweights in England who would beat him I thought that he was very poor.

Six? Name them.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
1.Tyson Fury
2.Anthony Joshua
3.Dillian Whyte
4.Hughie Fury
5.David Haye
6.Dereck Chisora
7.Tony Bellew

Chisora the only one at present I'd say who would potentially lose.

Fair, think he would just be too big for Bellew and he would beat Chisora but not much arguing with the rest of that list. Maybe Haye too, just because he can never actually stay fit for a whole fight.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Joshua, both of the 2 Furys,Chisora, Whyte possibly Haye or Bellew or even Price.

Not Price, Joyce would totally steam roller Price. He would be on the floor within a minute. Good list otherwise with the same reservations as above.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Fair, think he would just be too big for Bellew and he would beat Chisora but not much arguing with the rest of that list. Maybe Haye too, just because he can never actually stay fit for a whole fight.

The bottom three of the seven all have their vulnerabilities to one extent, so it wouldn't be the biggest shock of all time to see them beaten. You'd have to favour Bellew & Haye though just through sheer experience and know how alone.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The bottom three of the seven all have their vulnerabilities to one extent, so it wouldn't be the biggest shock of all time to see them beaten. You'd have to favour Bellew & Haye though just through sheer experience and know how alone.

I can definitely see the case for that, as I said above Joyce is so loose. Could only really see Chisora being willing to get in the ring with him out of those three though, shame as they would be some interesting fights.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

You really haven't got a clue about boxing. Joyce has a very strong amateur pedigree winning silver at the Olympic games and has literaly just turned Pro. Before you mention Audley Harrison Joyce also has real dynamite in his fists and has 100% put Joshua on the canvas in sparring. Beyond AJ, Fury and Whyte who have all had many fights who would beat him? Chisora doesnt seem to want any part of a fight with him.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
1.Tyson Fury
2.Anthony Joshua
3.Dillian Whyte
4.Hughie Fury
5.David Haye
6.Dereck Chisora
7.Tony Bellew

Chisora the only one at present I'd say who would potentially lose.

Haye is his promoter would never happen, Bellew isn't a heavyweight and wouldn't give him a chance if he took a few of Joyces loaded shots, who know with Hughie the only real test he's ever had he stunk the room out.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Think Cox did not really know what number the ref was on in the count? He stood up on ten like boxers normally do on eight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here