Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland U23 v Brighton U23 Premier League Cup Tonight 7pm K.O

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Brighton & Hove Albion’s under-23s get their Premier League Cup campaign underway with a long journey to Sunderland this evening, at the Eppleton Colliery Welfare Ground, kick-off 7pm.

Simon Rusk’s team reached the quarter finals of the competition last season, narrowly losing to Swansea City, the eventual winners, who beat Reading 2-0 on aggregate in the final.

The Seagulls progressed as group winners, and sealed the highest margin of victory by any team in the tournament when they overcame Nottingham Forest 7-0 at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre.

Alongside Albion and Sunderland in Group H are Hull City and Exeter City, but Rusk’s team will begin with their longest trip in the group stage, as they take on the Black Cats in the north east this evening.

Albion head into the game after losing 1-0 to Aston Villa on Monday, but the Seagulls gave a spirited performance at Villa Park and were unfortunate to come away empty-handed.

The Black Cats are five games without a victory, most recently losing 2-1 to West Ham United, after beginning their season with a 2-1 win over Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League 2 Division 1.

Albion supporters can follow a live text blog from this evening’s game on the Match Centre, with a match report being published after full-time.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Brighton & Hove Albion’s under-23s get their Premier League Cup campaign underway with a long journey to Sunderland this evening, at the Eppleton Colliery Welfare Ground, kick-off 7pm.

Simon Rusk’s team reached the quarter finals of the competition last season, narrowly losing to Swansea City, the eventual winners, who beat Reading 2-0 on aggregate in the final.

The Seagulls progressed as group winners, and sealed the highest margin of victory by any team in the tournament when they overcame Nottingham Forest 7-0 at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre.

Alongside Albion and Sunderland in Group H are Hull City and Exeter City, but Rusk’s team will begin with their longest trip in the group stage, as they take on the Black Cats in the north east this evening.

Albion head into the game after losing 1-0 to Aston Villa on Monday, but the Seagulls gave a spirited performance at Villa Park and were unfortunate to come away empty-handed.

The Black Cats are five games without a victory, most recently losing 2-1 to West Ham United, after beginning their season with a 2-1 win over Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League 2 Division 1.

Albion supporters can follow a live text blog from this evening’s game on the Match Centre, with a match report being published after full-time.

I didnt know this - sounds like the bairns are as bad as the 'Pros'

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I didnt know this - sounds like the bairns are as bad as the 'Pros'

Just out of interest - is there a story behind the photo being used on the AFC Sunderland official twitter page right now?

Sunderland.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
U23: 45: GOOAALL!! After latching onto a searching pass, Alzate makes it 3-0 with a cool finish after weaving inside. #SFC 0 #BHAFC 3

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Where does he usually play, Centre Mid?

I'd describe him as an attacking midfielder. He's quite versatile - I though he was impressive when the U-19s played Rangers the other night, virtually running the midfield. He certainly knows where the goal (or the crossbar!) is; scored 8 goals in 23 appearances for the U-18s and U-23s last season.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I'd describe him as an attacking midfielder. He's quite versatile - I though he was impressive when the U-19s played Rangers the other night, virtually running the midfield. He certainly knows where the goal (or the crossbar!) is; scored 8 goals in 23 appearances for the U-18s and U-23s last season.

One to watch then, is he a Sussex lad?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here