Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best View at the AMEX

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
On the day I went to the stadium to pick my ST spot (and the spots for 3 friends) I knew I'd picked roughly where I wanted. On the screen it was difficult to work out exactly where I was but I knew I was roughly halfway line area in WSU

The look on my friends faces when we turned up and we were BANG on the half way line and half way up WSU was a sight to behold. I honestly could not have picked a better seat for my personal football viewing if I had walked around the stands and marked it..

Don't get wet, don't get any glare from the sun and I get to watch from (what is for me) the best position for football. Up high, bang centre. Love it.

It also means, when we do away games, I really enjoy the change that is brought by being behind the goal. It completely messes with my brain in terms of depth perception and I normally panic when the other team are about 40 yards out because it looks close :lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
First season at back of WSL; since then about 12 rows back in East Upper, on the halfway line. Just wonderful - out of the rain, sun rarely a problem and the West Stand providing a marvellous backdrop.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I was in the front row of the WSU for the Gillingham League Cup game in our first season and I didn't like it up there, felt too remote from the game. I like the feeling of being in the same environment as the pitch, of sharing the same space as the players, which you only get in the lower tiers.

I've been variously all round the lower tiers, from the southern end of the East stand for Doncaster, 1 game in the North, mainly in the NW corner in the early years and recently always in the South or SW. I love the SW atmosphere before the game, and there's always noise and passion down there, although not coordinated chanting. I've rarely had a 'great' view, but something exciting always happens right in front of you and some of the angles you get on goals are awesome. Baldock's curler against QPR sailed straight in down my line of sight

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Have to say, tried the new family section (shelf, above the North West Lower) for the first time against Newcastle and while obviously the match and atmosphere went the right way, it was a great view - plus you got the atmosphere of the North and West.

22046101_10156615221674128_6117012078963706403_n.jpg

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
WSU since the start. Tried ESL for one of the silly cup games and found it very difficult to follow the game the other way round. WSL is OK but you cannot see the wonderfull way we counter attack

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm a few rows back behind the North goal - BEST view when the action is there, and of course the atmos is good. Not so great when it's at the other end, especially when we are into the last 10 mins and it's the Alamo on our goal. Because I'm low down, I can't get any perspective as to how safe the passing around the back is etc, and goal mouth scrambles - I either wait for the away fans to jump up or ours to cheer a clearance!

I wouldn't change my seat for anything though.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Have to say, tried the new family section (shelf, above the North West Lower) for the first time against Newcastle and while obviously the match and atmosphere went the right way, it was a great view - plus you got the atmosphere of the North and West.

View attachment 89818

That does look a really good view from there, you must get the atmosphere from NW corner too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That does look a really good view from there, you must get the atmosphere from NW corner too.

Yes - I've been up there. Excellent view of the pitch, and SUPERB view of the stadium itself.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just gutted it's not possible to get a season ticket for the shelf. I'd move there in an instant!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The best view in the stadium, in my opinion, is from the wheelchair viewing platform at the south end of the East Stand Upper.

I wondered out there after the WBA game, just being nosey, and that view of the pitch is superb. We really look after those guys which is brilliant, other clubs should take note!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm 7 rows from the front of the WSU and the view is stunning. Do not feel too far from the pitch and have a great overall view of the game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can confirm. Am two seats out from the barrier into 1901 as well so some CHUMP is to all intent and purposes paying double to sit about a FOOT closer to the half way line, and get a car park space, a program, beer in a glass without a queue, toilets that you don't have to queue all half-time for, sit-down dining options, a nice warm lounge to sit down in at HT plus before and after the game, etc.

Fixed for you

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
I'm on East Stand lower on half way line and three rows back. Absolutely love it. Not a perfect 'view' or best atmosphere but I love that it's effectively the manager's view in reverse, you're at player level, you can shout the odd thing at the oppo winger and you have a great sight of rest of the ground.

I got bored of the television view in the top tiers of the ground. That's for the post match highlights.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I moved from West Upper to East Upper and the view is better - level with the directors' seats, so therefore obviously good, plus you see the match with the West Stand as backdrop.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here