Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't believe there are still people trying to come up with new schemes! There isn't one scheme that would satisfy everyone simply because of the limited supply of away tickets. PB has already stated that this is the best scheme he has seen out of four he has been involved with. They have now tinkered with it and, subject to satisfying data protection, adding LPs subject to attendance seems a step forward. For those in the know, could the club merely tweak their T &Cs to make it a condition of away ticket sales that you consent to the club obtaining data confirming your attendance at the away venue. It has to be said though that it was disappointing that there was no acknowledgment by PB that the club got it wrong for the cup game.

However, most people that go to away games are season ticket holders and most that are now going are able to do so because of being frequent travellers over the last few seasons. Bournemouth was an exception this season and PB stated that non attendances at Watford, Leicester and Bournemouth (League game) were within the norms expected. So there isn't really a problem other than those in the lower tiers who are missing out purely because they haven't been to enough away games in the last few seasons. Barnet in the cup and Huddersfield last year have been cited but how many people actually tried to get tickets to go to these games and couldn't ?

As much as we would like more away tickets, especially at the clubs with capacities greater than 30k, it isn't going to happen. Just as we would moan if a larger allocation was given at the Amex meaning fewer home fans could get tickets.

With regard to sanctions for those non attendees at the league cup game, not much the club can do retrospectively as T & Cs allowed it. They have now changed that.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I think I was at the same game, wasn't it St Davids Day as well as I remember there was some seriously top totty post match in the pubs.

Not sure on the date, but i remember it was a very wet evening game, a crowd of less than 3000, about 70 Albion in attendance, lost 3 0 I think and we had one scuffed jimmy case shot on goal. Happy days.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm confused, are you suggesting that offering 0 points is a good thing?

Encouraging supporters to turn up in numbers to the less desirable fixtures is surely welcomed. Points harvesting is a separate issue which I'm sure will be addressed soon, but it is mostly specific to cup competitions. At £30 a whack I'm not sure it's going to happen here.

Storm in a teacup and just seems like anybody unhappy at the fact they are below t1/t2 thresholds will jump on this as a cause for complaint.

Offer 0 points if a game sells out in the upper tiers. Offer loyalty points if it goes on general sale to members. That will encourage people to go to the less desirable fixtures and prevent points harvesting on quick sell-outs

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I went for a look at the Liberty a couple of weeks ago and from the outside it's got a really nice look. Can't wait for Tuesday to get the ticket then take a look at the inside in November😁

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I'm surprised. I didn't think the closed shop on away tickets would take full effect until at least January.

Didn’t see anyone moaning about the “closed shop’ last season or the ones before that. Funny enough though it was the same faces at every away game... now the JCL’s can’t get tickets there is uproar.. hilarious really

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Didn’t see anyone moaning about the “closed shop’ last season or the ones before that. Funny enough though it was the same faces at every away game... now the JCL’s can’t get tickets there is uproar.. hilarious really

Not a JCL, just not able to do every away game. Clearly it is fair that the guys that go every week home and away do not miss out, but for the rest of us that could only do 6 or 7 aways a season, it would be good if we could still do a few. I dont want you to miss out on going to any aways if you went to them all last couple of seasons, I don't want to miss out on going to half a dozen or so, as I have done, if not more than that, for donkeys years.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It's been an open shop for quite some time before that, it's just that the same people kept buying.

Can't be arsed to go over this shite again so I'll just copy my post from the Bournemouth fiasco.

"I'm 23, a third generation Brighton fan and I was taken to my first Brighton game at weeks old (Born march 94, taken to a game in the 93/94 season.). I went to my first away game in 2001 and had my first season ticket the following season in 2001/02. I've been to over 50 away grounds including Carling Cup games away at Northampton. You're talking to somebody who used to put his f*cking pocket money in the 20 note fund so drop the "glory hunter" shite because you look like a f*cking idiot. I'm far from a super fan, they'll be many on here who deserve to go, but that doesn't make me a glory hunter.

However as I couldn't afford a season ticket for the 15/16 season due to losing my job just before simple I have less than 100 points and won't be able to attend any away games this year apart from maybe Burnley and Swansea. FWIW, my post wasn't about me anyway. I couldn't go yesterday but it's the most blatant example yet of how broken the system is. It's a farce and opposing it doesn't make you a plastic. "

Turns out I won't even be able to make the likes of Burnley and Swansea.

Guess it's back to Plan B for me then, getting tickets off other people. It's not how I wanted to go about things, but seeming moaning about the system makes you a glory hunter I'll guess I'll just have to play the system like everyone else. Managed to get a ticket for Leicester through a friend, and was offered one for Arsenal which I turned down. I'll be interested to see other people whinge and cry when it's them who can't get tickets.

:shrug:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Absolutely! We've averaged around 1500 away each season since promotion to the championship and those will be the ones who are in the top points bracket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Indeed there were numerous games not sold out last season away such as Reading for starters which is pretty close

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Fair enough to have points for attendance, pretty obvious. But we now have an elite band of away fans who will keep going to matches they may otherwise have missed to ensure they are in the top band, st the exclusion of others. Needs to be more open

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not a JCL, just not able to do every away game. Clearly it is fair that the guys that go every week home and away do not miss out, but for the rest of us that could only do 6 or 7 aways a season, it would be good if we could still do a few. I dont want you to miss out on going to any aways if you went to them all last couple of seasons, I don't want to miss out on going to half a dozen or so, as I have done, if not more than that, for donkeys years.

I'm in the same boat as this. 5 or 6 aways a season usually.

I knew it would be impossible to get my own ticket for the big games, and the London Games, but held out hope that my 220 points would be sufficient for games like Swansea, Hudds, Burnley.

Now seems unlikely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here