Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do we beat Arsenal ? What would your tactics be?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Advice please, great NSC...

I have Ryan and WBA's Foster as my two fantasy league keepers.

WBA are at home to Watford, we're away at Arsenal... do I sub Foster in for Ryan?

Head says this is a no-brainer but it goes against the grain for me to drop an Albion player. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I subbed Dunk for Hegazi for the exact same reason. No time for loyalty in FPL.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
2 banks of 4 as usual, Jose in for Hemed. Press and annoy them, nick the ball, hoof it over the top to Jose. We win 6-3.

Alternatively, pop all the balls and hope for a re-arranged fixture after Xmas once we have signed Messi, Ronaldo and Bale.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ive just spent two days in London and spoken to 5 or 6 Arsenal fans. Clearly on form and man for man they expect to beat us . You have to agree that if we defend as we normally do and then try to catch them on the break thats what will probably happen.
So what tactics should we adopt to beat them?

If Arsenal were on form when they beat WBA they are not up to much!?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Do you get loyalty points for walking half a mile in the rain to the nearest best pub with Sky and spend 2 hours being probably the only Brighton fan in there and putting up with loads of Arsenal fans totally taking the piss as they probably ( but hopefully not ) take us apart.
If not then you should.
Any Plymouth based Albion fans on here who would like to help me out, I will be in The Golden Hind.
Plus points, if we get a draw or maybe even a win, I will let them know all about it and it is a good pub with decent food and a fine array of local Ales.
Hopefully any Argyle fans in there will be on our side.

Withdean Chappy

Jul 21, 2017
Westdean
Inside the mind of CH?
1. Play Murray if fit
2. If not, don't risk Izzy up front cos he's not match fit and not a natural no.9
3. Also, don't risk Squizzy up front as it's not his natural position, and it's a big game, and...and... he's a big hope so let's not test him in this situation!
4. So, play Murphy up front.
What a depressing post::albion2:

We have to play another defender in the strikers position to ensure we dont end up with a large against total, keep down the goals thats our main goal

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm in with the Gooners and my mate was warning me again today to not reveal myself when we score. How many times?

He's shitting it :lolol:

We just do it our way, innit.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
We cannot try and play negative football and sit back because Arsenal will pump us. They have more than enough talent to rip us apart.

the teams who have succeeded against them have got in their faces from the off and put pressure on the back 4 and been physical - problem is i'm not sure we can be that team..

just go for it! that's what i'll be hoping for.

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
Do you get loyalty points for walking half a mile in the rain to the nearest best pub with Sky

The match is on BT Sport not Sky so make sure you go to the right pub

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the way we've been defending is OK. It saves energy playing deep covering space (alternative is to run around to try and find a way through. Or pressing hard.) The only snag is keeping up concentration levels. Selective pressing in the second half when Arsenal become frustrated or complacent.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
4-5-1

midfield off solly , izquierdo, stilwell,stephens, propper.
knocky up front.

usual back 4 Ryan in goal .............rapid play on the wings , keep the ball on the deck , run arsenal ragged........they didn't look that good v wba tbh.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We cannot try and play negative football and sit back because Arsenal will pump us. They have more than enough talent to rip us apart.

the teams who have succeeded against them have got in their faces from the off and put pressure on the back 4 and been physical - problem is i'm not sure we can be that team..

just go for it! that's what i'll be hoping for.

Other than their thrashing at Liverpool, Arsenals only other defeat was at Stoke who had just 23% possession allowing Arsenal their highest possessions stat of 77% with 18 shots. Stoke had a defensive plan, made their set pieces count. Every side that has gone at Arsenal so far this season has lost.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Other than their thrashing at Liverpool, Arsenals only other defeat was at Stoke who had just 23% possession allowing Arsenal their highest possessions stat of 77% with 18 shots. Stoke had a defensive plan, made their set pieces count. Every side that has gone at Arsenal so far this season has lost.

This very much this. It's ok saying attack is the best form of defence and Hughton is negative blah blah blah but in an open fast end to end game Arsenal will thrash us, they are a much better side at attacking at speed. Put Gross and Brown up front as attacking midfielders in front of Knocky, Solly on the wings, Stephens and Propper defensive midfield.....defence as normal and try to nullify their attacking options. We have enough speed to mount counter attacks. The main key is NOT to give the ball away lightly. We may sneak a goal this way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here