Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do we beat Arsenal ? What would your tactics be?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’d definitely aim to score more goals than they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Clearly on form? Everything I've heard suggest they're we'll below par at the moment, though they did thrash Bournemouth.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Wimbledon / Vinnie jones style headbutt adams and keone in first 10 minutes turn into a bloodbath and then oh no wait veira long ball over the top and wrighty ran onto lifted over keeper 0-1 to the gooners
nah don't know !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Extreme violence. robust tackling, sneaky elbows, diving and punting the ball up field in order to get it in the mixer.

Worked quite often for Stoke against them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Heart says gun it from the kick off

Head says trying and fustrate them, the library will get restless if not scored by 60 mins

Whatever the result should be a great day out, enjoy it those lucky to get a ticket

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Arsenal are a team that if you play defensively, they'll have a field day, their defence is their weakest area and absolutely hate set peices but also dislike being played through, this is the one time I think that playing defensively against a top 6 team will be bad.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If it had been more of a first team playing last night , I'd have said 'Hire someone to steal their passports from the hotel'...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Play 5 in midfield with Izquierdo as a front man, get Gross to sit in with Stephens and Propper and launch counters through Knockaert, Solly and Izquierdo.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have seven players stand shoulder to shoulder along our goal line, to stop them scoring, and let Izzy & Sqizzy run at them up field, with Knocky & March in support.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
parkthebus.jpg

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I'm certain it will be a 4-6-0 approach with Brown in for Hemed and only looking to break out when we intercept in promising positions. Brown coming in should suit this style as he's confident competing for the ball on the half turn and has the pace to get us up the pitch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Clearly on form? Everything I've heard suggest they're we'll below par at the moment, though they did thrash Bournemouth.

Smug Eddie's style of football tends to unravel when they play the top teams. they don't have the players to go head to head.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm certain it will be a 4-6-0 approach with Brown in for Hemed and only looking to break out when we intercept in promising positions. Brown coming in should suit this style as he's confident competing for the ball on the half turn and has the pace to get us up the pitch.

Totally not match fit though, doubt he'd last more than 45 mins. I imagine he will be a sub. Hopefully the hamstring was a one off injury, they often aren't :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said elsewhere, I don't like CH's due deference to 'the big 6'.

Straight after Newcastle he was all but binning off the Arsenal game preparing for Everton at home, because 'they are in a different league to lil old Brighton'.

Admittedly losing Tomer will change the team dynamic, but I think we can safely say it won't force Chris' hand into playing a front foot team.

Like Man City we're playing Arsenal at the very best point of the season.
I can't help thinking the Albion will play the game to not lose, then eventually, heroically, lose.
Ending the game thinking 'you know what, we could have nicked that, if...'.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As said elsewhere, I don't like CH's due deference to 'the big 6'.

Straight after Newcastle he was all but binning off the Arsenal game preparing for Everton at home, because 'they are in a different league to lil old Brighton'.

Admittedly losing Tomer will change the team dynamic, but I think we can safely say it won't force Chris' hand into playing a front foot team.

Like Man City we're playing Arsenal at the very best point of the season.
I can't help thinking the Albion will play the game to not lose, then eventually, heroically, lose.
Ending the game thinking 'you know what, we could have nicked that, if...'.

You saw how much respect we gave Bournemouth for 45 mins, it's just the way CH plays away from home. It's not thrilling but we're not bottom of the table with nul point and nul goals

I fecking hate seeing us give the opposition so much respect but with no strikers now it's probably the best way forward against a team who can take you apart in double quick time if you let them play.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Clearly it's going to need some pace to at least put their defence under a bit of pressure... but I think CH will stick to 4-6-0...... seriously.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Play a 4-6-0, AK, March, Groß, Pröpper, Stephens and Jose being the 6, all interchangeable, wingers can switch, most can play through the middle when there's a counter on, double up to help defensively. It would be a very tight game but I don't believe we'd get spanked and with any luck we'd nick a goal or two.

The thing with the 4-6-0 idea is that in reality its 6-4-0, or 6-3-1 that we were playing with Hemed on the pitch. The wingers play as wing-backs and the full-backs tuck into the corners of the penalty area. I think it gives us so few outlets we really struggle to break out, as we saw away at Bournemouth, and against Man City.

I'd like to see a 5-4-1 tried, as a compromise between the 4 at the back that we're not confident with away from home, and the 6 at the back where we get stuck. We'd probably have to drop one of March and Knockaert for that, however, so it seems unlikely, and probably less so with Hemed out, but to me at least it feels logical

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here