Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do we beat Arsenal ? What would your tactics be?

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Ive just spent two days in London and spoken to 5 or 6 Arsenal fans. Clearly on form and man for man they expect to beat us . You have to agree that if we defend as we normally do and then try to catch them on the break thats what will probably happen.
So what tactics should we adopt to beat them?
Should we go for an all out attack from the moment the game starts?
My view is we have nothing to lose and play Izzy and Izquierdo both from the start.
Fast and keen to impress and they ll no nothing about them
So all out attack and go for it .
Any other views on how we can win this game ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Play Duffy upfront.

I hve seen CH teams play against Arsenal 3 or 4 times. Each time Arsenal have had far better players.

The same CH teams have held their own against Man City and also been battered 4 -5 or 6 nil by Man City or Liverpool sides but not once have Arsenal won by more than one goal I don't think. Arsenal manager is still the same and they play the same.

From the 3 games he played them its won one and lost 2 or maybe drawn one. Can't remember for sure. So can't see it be any different in the approach this time. It will be go out there. Try to win but if you can't win then try not to lose.

He knows how to defend against Arsene Wenger type sides so it will be a 0-0 or they will grind us down and win 1-0 or we will steal it 1 - 0. I am going for the 0-0

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Play Izquierdo down the middle and play long passes over their back four for him to run onto.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Get stuck in to their forwards.

This. To quote Cpl Jones, "They don't like it up 'em"

Arsenal can be either wonderful to watch, or incredibly frustrating as they often seem to want to score "beautiful goals", fannying about in the final third and never shooting. Let's hope the latter version turn out on Sunday

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Defence and counterattack is the only option. However, we must not defend too deep, particularly in the last 20 minutes if we are hanging on for a win or draw

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Play ugly and aggressive, disrupt and counter. Snatch late winner.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Ive just spent two days in London and spoken to 5 or 6 Arsenal fans. Clearly on form and man for man they expect to beat us . You have to agree that if we defend as we normally do and then try to catch them on the break thats what will probably happen.
My view is we have nothing to lose and play Izzy and Izquierdo both from the start.
Clearly it's going to need some pace to at least put their defence under a bit of pressure... but I think CH will stick to 4-6-0...... seriously.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
11 behind the ball and no venturing over the half way line in the first half. (Just like the respect we showed Bournemouth, except this time it's justified) See where we are after half time before the occasional one man foray chasing down a long ball over the top. :smile:

Even if we don't win we'll avoid a thumping and I certainly don't expect us to beat them. Although, for the older ones, remember European Champions Forest, with a ridiculously long unbeaten home run, going down to a Gerry Ryan(?) goal. We were 12-1 to win that day.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Play a 4-6-0, AK, March, Groß, Pröpper, Stephens and Jose being the 6, all interchangeable, wingers can switch, most can play through the middle when there's a counter on, double up to help defensively. It would be a very tight game but I don't believe we'd get spanked and with any luck we'd nick a goal or two.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Time waste from the kick off
11 behind the ball and let Arsenal pass the ball about in their own half
Compact and allow little space between defence and midfield
From time to time get upfield and win free kicks and corners and look to score from these

And hope Arsenal have an off day

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
11 behind the ball and no venturing over the half way line in the first half. (Just like the respect we showed Bournemouth, except this time it's justified) See where we are after half time before the occasional one man foray chasing down a long ball over the top. :smile:

Even if we don't win we'll avoid a thumping and I certainly don't expect us to beat them. Although, for the older ones, remember European Champions Forest, with a ridiculously long unbeaten home run, going down to a Gerry Ryan(?) goal. We were 12-1 to win that day.

Helped by Robertson missing his first penalty for years.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Sign 2 top quality strikers in August and they will score two apiece?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here