Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

just a reminder

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The group exists to bring together football fans of all clubs to oppose and protest terrorism and extremism. FLA supporters believe that government and security services do too little to counter terrorism, and that it is necessary to demonstrate the strength of feeling, while maintaining a respectable face to the protest

I don't actually believe that these football fans have the knowledge or wherewithal to judge whether the government and security forces are doing enough to counter terrorism. How on earth can they, or any of us know ? But if that's the agenda, then it would be useful for the FLA to publish a list of measures which they are lobbying for. What laws they want changed or brought in, in order to combat the terrorist threat we all face ? Then at least we can see and understand what they're marching for and even get behind it. But it's basically just under a banner of "DOWN WITH TERRORISM" - which is as vacuous as it is pointless.

As it is, and more worryingly, I think [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] is right. For SOME of those in attendance, the FLA is like a splinter of the now-disbanded EDL, and these marches now harbour many of the ex EDL far-right characters. They're hiding under the guise of being out against radicalism and extremism (which every right-minded person would quite obviously agree with), but it provides a convenient and "legitimate" outlet for the bigots to unite and march under. Its dangerous, and insidious.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The group exists to bring together football fans of all clubs to oppose and protest terrorism and extremism. FLA supporters believe that government and security services do too little to counter terrorism, and that it is necessary to demonstrate the strength of feeling, while maintaining a respectable face to the protest

So apart from the amazing success rate of stopping terrorist attacks (the very definition of counter terrorism) before we even find out about them, what EXACTLY do the FLA want the government and security services to do before they are satisfied they don't need to march each time their club isn't playing football?

I asked this before and I'll ask it again. What is the end goal?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A theory:

Essentially what we are seeing here are a few thousand Leave voters with violent tendencies and members with histories of being in racist organisations. They feel emboldened, believing they speak for the majority. On the sentiment of anti-extremism, they do, except for extremists of course. Now, it's my belief that they are a mob of illiterate football thugs with racist backgrounds who have fond a way to express their hatred of Muslims and all things foreign by finding a common enemy, the extremists, that nobody can really find fault with.

There protest is pointless and likely nothing more than an excuse for fat skinheads to march en masse, unhindered while believing they have an untouchable moral standpoint. Fascists thrive on marches and shows of force. It's all they are doing now.

I find hordes of violent football thugs marching our streets using Gurkhas and servicemen as a cover for their questionable motives almost as distasteful as hate preaching in mosques.

Luckily, as with all these groups, they'll get bored and it'll fade away like a fart in a car.
That's the most sensible thing you've said all day [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
A theory:

I find hordes of violent football thugs marching our streets using Gurkhas and servicemen as a cover for their questionable motives almost as distasteful as hate preaching.

Just need to put you straight on a little fact

The FLA invited Service Veterans to the march which they could have turned down but didn’t.
So no hiding behind them at all

And for your information The Veterans are holding a march in Edinburgh on November 25th

So will there all be Service Veteran“Yobbos and Racists “ attending this march in your opinion ??

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I don't actually believe that these football fans have the knowledge or wherewithal to judge whether the government and security forces are doing enough to counter terrorism. How on earth can they, or any of us know ? But if that's the agenda, then it would be useful for the FLA to publish a list of measures which they are lobbying for. What laws they want changed or brought in, in order to combat the terrorist threat we all face ? Then at least we can see and understand what they're marching for and even get behind it. But it's basically just under a banner of "DOWN WITH TERRORISM" - which is as vacuous as it is pointless.

As it is, and more worryingly, I think [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] is right. For SOME of those in attendance, the FLA is like a splinter of the now-disbanded EDL, and these marches now harbour many of the ex EDL far-right characters. They're hiding under the guise of being out against radicalism and extremism (which every right-minded person would quite obviously agree with), but it provides a convenient and "legitimate" outlet for the bigots to unite and march under. Its dangerous, and insidious.

As is evidenced by the video which was posted on here to explain the motives of the march, but which veered away quickly from anti-extremism into anti-left, anti-PC and more bizarrely anti-cryptocurrencies.

Such is the problem of movements without specific aims and objectives.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just need to put you straight on a little fact

The FLA invited Service Veterans to the march which they could have turned down but didn’t.
So no hiding behind them at all

And for your information The Veterans are holding a march in Edinburgh on November 25th

So will there all be Service Veteran“Yobbos and Racists “ attending this march in your opinion ??

I'd be genuinely interested to know the motives behind The Veterans march, what are they marching for?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
So apart from the amazing success rate of stopping terrorist attacks (the very definition of counter terrorism) before we even find out about them, what EXACTLY do the FLA want the government and security services to do before they are satisfied they don't need to march each time their club isn't playing football?

I asked this before and I'll ask it again. What is the end goal?

22540073_1445418085540194_6232129008544576845_n.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

"The goal is to raise the issue of 'All forms of extremism' to the government, not as a political movement, but simply as a voice of the people of the UK"

Not too vague then. Do you think the Government are aware of the extremism issue ? I reckon they've probably heard of it you know.

"The FLA aims to raise key issues relative to the threat of extremism, such as better control of terror suspects"

Aren't intelligence services already working on this ? What is meant by "better control" - locking up, presumably. I'm not sure if that's how these things work. Careful with your Google searches though folks, you could end up being "better controlled", if you're looking up the wrong things.

Its just vague pap and nonsense really, isn't it...lads ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well that's not vague at all :lolol:

So in answer to my question, the goal is to "raise the issue of all forms of extremism to the government".

So when will that goal be seen as achieved and the lads can spend their football-free weekend with 'the missus'?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Kinell, just watched that Vice video. Great bunch of lads, triffic.

It's an EDL march but with added restraint (for now) and a really shit attempt at pompous, insincere, moralistic rubbish to try to hide the blatant racism.

What a bunch of dicks.*

*I mean everyone on that video btw. I'm sure some decent but ill informed people went on the march too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Kinell, just watched that Vice video. Great bunch of lads, triffic.

It's an EDL march but with added restraint (for now) and a really shit attempt at pompous, insincere, moralistic rubbish to try to hide the blatant racism.

What a bunch of dicks.*

*I mean everyone on that video btw. I'm sure some decent but ill informed people went on the march too.

Not really taken much notice of this TBH but just watched that film. Gawd help us, the EDL is alive and well as a new Islamophobic movement if those shown are representative..............

‘Allu Ahkbar is dahn to people like dis’

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Having watched that video, its even worse than I thought.

"We want all non-British citizens who pose a threat to society to be permanently removed from society. And if they're suspects, so what ? They're not British citizens, get them out of here".
*Hoooraaayyy. OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT*
"We need to be dragging these peoples out of their beds, standing them to, finding out whats what, and then and only then do we let them go, or take appropriate action. And the proper action is if you were born here then you stay here behind bars, and if you weren't born here, you go back to whatever hellhole you came from".

Wow.

I can't believe anyone actually wants to align themselves with these people. Echoes of another period of time in history...I can't quite put my finger on it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here