[emoji23] other posters arguing

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Stand by for all the 'if it were your child, you'd think diffrently' replies . . . .

If it were my child I wouldn't have ****ed off to a nearby bar leaving the nippers on their own, FFS.

This all day long. Going abroad with our kids in the October half time and though they're older than Maddy was at the time we'll be having dinner as a family and an early night if needs be.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Jesus.

The parents are the prime suspect of any child that disappears or dies in unusual circumstances.

You don't think Maddie's parents weren't absolutely thoroughly investigated into whether they were resposible for this?

I think there's close to 0% chance they have anything to do with this (apart from obviously leaving their kids unattended, which they will never forgive themselves for)

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Every time there is a post on NSC about some news story about some random kid's situation, parents on here can't wait to pile in and offer up their own stories of "when my boy girl" etc etc. Or when someone of note dies, you can't move for the "never met him/her but RIP" posts, oozing with sympathy.

So the reaction to this from some is stunning.

Even speaking as someone with no kids, there isn't ONE person on here who wouldn't be ****ing DELIGHTED if, and I know this phrase has been pointed up but for *once* it merits saying, it was theirs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The crux of it. I would never have dreamed of doing that, nor would anyone I know

If they hadn't been middle class professionals the tabloids would have been screaming for them to be prosecuted for neglect and for the state to take their other children into care

They were in a restaurant not a bar.

If you'd gone to any holiday camp 40 years ago, and previously, you'd have found hundreds of us doing it, including me.
Chalet maids would earn extra money walking around the chalets, and reporting a crying child. A sign would go up in the cinema, theatre, or announced in the bar, cabaret or bingo, announcing Baby crying in chalet 238.
It was common practise in any complex. None of us thought anything untoward would happen.

Where's all the condemnation for Ben Needham's grandparents, who lost sight of him in Greece, and has never been seen again? It seems he may have died in a nearby field, but not proven yet. Who lets a toddler play out of their sight? Yes, his parents raised lots of money to have searches done too.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The Tories have given the Met Police £154K so they can carry on the search for Maddy, what a total and utter waste of money when there are so many others going short not to say the lack of coppers doing real work instead of jollies to Portugal

Would love to agree with you in total, but you once again ridiculously try to score political points. But the investigation is a joke, not sure a family of chavs holidaying in Benidorm would got the same support. But that is what a decent education gives you, the wherewithal, knowledge and drive to continue to pursue what you see as a just cause, relentlessly. Whether others see this as a smokescreen to deflect attention is an entirely different issue.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
They were in a restaurant not a bar.

If you'd gone to any holiday camp 40 years ago, and previously, you'd have found hundreds of us doing it, including me.
Chalet maids would earn extra money walking around the chalets, and reporting a crying child. A sign would go up in the cinema, theatre, or announced in the bar, cabaret or bingo, announcing Baby crying in chalet 238.
It was common practise in any complex. None of us thought anything untoward would happen.

Where's all the condemnation for Ben Needham's grandparents, who lost sight of him in Greece, and has never been seen again? It seems he may have died in a nearby field, but not proven yet. Who lets a toddler play out of their sight? Yes, his parents raised lots of money to have searches done too.

The Needhams were in a remote location, a farmhouse I believe, unlikely to have been anyone around. a very unlucky accident it seems there. If you feel the parents are not to blame at all for what happened to Maddie, that's up to you. 40 years ago maybe parents had different views. I am speaking as a 45 year old, and for me, and peers in my friendship group it just would not have occurred to us to go out for a meal on holiday without bringing your children. Both from a peace of mind perspective and the fact that you're on a family holiday, why stick them in your apartment so you can have your meal without them ? Just find the whole sequence of events bizarre.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The crux of it. I would never have dreamed of doing that, nor would anyone I know

If they hadn't been middle class professionals the tabloids would have been screaming for them to be prosecuted for neglect and for the state to take their other children into care

Although since Kate McCann is a Scouser, I'm a bit surprised the tabloids (well, one anyway) didn't scream anyway.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The Needhams were in a remote location, a farmhouse I believe, unlikely to have been anyone around. a very unlucky accident it seems there. If you feel the parents are not to blame at all for what happened to Maddie, that's up to you. 40 years ago maybe parents had different views. I am speaking as a 45 year old, and for me, and peers in my friendship group it just would not have occurred to us to go out for a meal on holiday without bringing your children. Both from a peace of mind perspective and the fact that you're on a family holiday, why stick them in your apartment so you can have your meal without them ? Just find the whole sequence of events bizarre.
Totally agree. My son is ten and it was only last year when on holiday that we felt comfortable letting him go and fetch stuff from our room on his own while we were by the pool etc (he is massively forgetful so that was part of it).

We're far from overprotective though, but the idea of leaving a kid in a room while you go out getting pissed is just anathema to me, and we like a drink.

What's wrong with kids staying up late on holiday anyway? Surely that's part of "being on holiday". Smacks of shit parenting if you don't like/can't control your children on a night out.

What's wrong with kids staying up late on holiday anyway? Surely that's part of "being on holiday". Smacks of shit parenting if you don't like/can't control your children on a night out.

Yeah indeed, mines eight now but when theyre little and you want a few shants they either play in their high chair, run about on an early evening empty dance floor that you're sitting near or the sand if it's a beach bar or have a kip in their buggy, simples

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You are talking with the benefit of hindsight. As I said it was common practice & I cannot point the finger. There but for the grace of God, go I.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jesus.

The parents are the prime suspect of any child that disappears or dies in unusual circumstances.

You don't think Maddie's parents weren't absolutely thoroughly investigated into whether they were resposible for this?

I think there's close to 0% chance they have anything to do with this (apart from obviously leaving their kids unattended, which they will never forgive themselves for)

No. The police investigation was a total bollocks up.

I don't know the answer here - who does? I'm just relaying my impressions (and my utter disapproval of this new token spending, the reason for the thread).

I am as guilty as others for NOT trusting my instincts in this modern age, where the old ways of looking someone in the eye and sniffing their smell (fear or defiance?) are replaced by 'wait and see'. All I can say is my gut is screaming at me that the parents did wrong, and more than likely know what happened. It seems I am not alone in this :shrug:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

I don't know the answer here - who does? I'm just relaying my impressions (and my utter disapproval of this new token spending, the reason for the thread).

I am as guilty as others for NOT trusting my instincts in this modern age, where the old ways of looking someone in the eye and sniffing their smell (fear or defiance?) are replaced by 'wait and see'. All I can say is my gut is screaming at me that the parents did wrong, and more than likely know what happened. It seems I am not alone in this :shrug:

Sorry, but I'll trust police officers who have been trained for decades and have spent thousands of hours investigating this case over your gut instincts.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

You're not alone.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just leave your kids at home

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here