Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Goonerland Experience

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So what can I expect Sunday as last time I went it was called Highbury.

Having a pre-match breakfast and Victoria then meeting a Gooner fan by the Dennis Bergkamp statue

Anyone been before as a tourist and what is it like ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Went a few years ago, fish and chips were 12 quid, gave them a wide berth, concourses similar to ours. Went to a pub near the ground just off Holloway Road, can't remember the name but there are plenty to choose from. Seats, like ours, padded. We're a mini version of the Emirates I think. No point commenting on the atmosphere because there isn't any.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Be prepared for queuing when you leave though it may not be too bad as the crowd will probably be 20k below declared amount. If your in the gods it's a bit like watching on an old 14" telly. Lots of places to eat and drink on Blackstock road, Finbury park and Holloway road. 12 pins by Finsbury Park is a home pub but away friendly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Make sure you get interviewed for ArsenalTV post match and when you do say the following as if you were a black man and from a (Davy) proppa hood even though you're not: "Yeah, blood, it was proppa shit, bro, Wenger don't know fvcking shit, bro, ya get me blood? Bro, it was just fvcking painful blood, I ain't down with that shit no more, blood, the dim schizzle, sick as fvck, bro, ya get me blood?"

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The stewards are going to be all over you for slightest of infringements. Be warned! The home fans won't care you're there, like being in a bubble. The team does their taking on the pitch and they're happy to just cheer when a goal goes in. We're likely to get beaten comfortably, sort of expecting 2 or 3 nil defeat. Arsenal are much maligned in the press but it's nearly all in comparison to the other big five. They're still capable of stuffing anyone outside of that and often do.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
My one and only visit to Highbury was that amazing spring day in 1983 in the clock end !!!! Happy days and mental scenes following that screamer by Case.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Been there for a game and a gig. Very nice ground not too far from the old one. No doubt it will be busy on the way out but with plenty of pubs in the area and an early kick off there is no rush to get away.

Really looking forward to this trip and hoping for the 'bad' Arsenal to turn up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Emirates is like a massive Amex by design. Far more early leavers. Not much noise (apart from the singing section but that's in the opposite corner from the away end).

Have a pint after and travel is fine.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In other news this is very similar to [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] 's "oohh look, I'm on holiday" threads only it's "oohh look, I got a ticket for Sunday". Consistent at least.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In other news this is very similar to [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] 's "oohh look, I'm on holiday" threads only it's "oohh look, I got a ticket for Sunday". Consistent at least.

Usual shite nothing like that at all just interested in views who have been to the stadium

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Emirates is like a massive Amex by design.

gun__1357737628_emirates_stadium2.jpg

American-Express-Community-Football-Stadium-Aerial-View.jpg

Seen that mentioned a couple of times on here, but I don't really see that at all. The Emirates is a far more generic "bowl" type stadium, both inside and out, whereas the Amex has far more pleasing and original curves. The roofs of the Amex dip down almost to ground level on the north and south sides, the south in particular, which is something I've never seen at any other stadium, anywhere. Its unique.

The only thing that can draw a slight similarity is the white roof trusses. But even then ours are arches whilst theirs are just flat supports. I don't think the Emirates looks anything like the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here