Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brace yourselves over Stokes...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
...the sh*t is about to hit the fan in a major way, with many possible repercussions both legally and in cricket terms.

Front page of The Sun, and a video.

I don't know how they can do it, goes against everything I was taught about Contempt of Court when a case goes 'live' and that is after even an arrest and bail before any possible charges, and therefore certainly before any possible trial. But they have.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I guess the other men in the video had been pretty unpleasant to him to make him respond like that

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What do they think blokes fighting outside a nightclub looks like?

Looks to me like the other bloke threw the first punch and Stokes simply stuck up for them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What do they think blokes fighting outside a nightclub looks like?

Looks to me like the other bloke threw the first punch and Stokes simply stuck up for them.

Maybe that's why Hales went back to Bristol to give their side of the story to the police.

As Tooting says, this could be contempt of court as you can't see clearly what has happened, nor hear what's been said.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
ECB issue about the only statement they can tonight with a police investigation under way: "We have seen this footage for the first time tonight when posted by The Sun. There is an ongoing police investigation, which will look at all available evidence, and we do have to respect that process."

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Those 2 blokes proper brick it when Stokes goes after them. They must have heard the story on Fighting Talk on Saturday that Stokes is a bit handy.

Can't see him playing in the Ashes now though, whatever happened before this really doesn't look good for him. Without him our squad goes from looking weak to outright poor. Even more pressure than usual on Root, Ali, Jimmy and Broad now.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
No it's still there. And looking at it again, irrespective of the precise chronology of events, this is pretty damning, career ending stuff, IMO. What an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Having seen that, I think he can probably forget any ideas of Australia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here