Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conspiracy Theorists

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The problem with conspiracy theorists is that no matter what evidence you place in front of them, they will always think of something more ridiculous to support their version of events.

I could take my work colleague up on an edge of space flight to prove the curvature of the earth therefore disproving his flat earth nonsense, but he'd just come back with something pathetic like the windows are concave/convex to make it appear like that.

They also have other bad habits: one being displayed on here right now - they completely ignore the awkward questions that blow a hole in their conspiracies... Wrong Direction is doing that by insisting that no-one thinks. Well, I did just that about his claim of a building being rigged with explosives, said why I think it's implausible ask if the conspiracists can give an answer and he just carries on saying no-one thinks.

The other issue is deflection. Brighton fella is doing it with his Jimmy Savile comment...I believe in X conspiracy because a totally unrelated conspiracy Y. And Brighton fella/Chippy nick 1 is doing it with his comments about the Pentagon when he was asked about the Twin Towers. I know that I won't get a straight answer to a straight question, it's just not in them to do that but it is rather funny watching the grandiose comments as they deflect further and further.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think chippy Nick is Brighton fella myself. Similar punctuation and spelling errors, they seem to appear at the same time and he forgot to swap logins while arguing on the other thread.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ah...I stand corrected then. I get so used to Megazone inventing another user in an attempt to give himself credibility that I forgot that other conspiracy theorists are likely to do the same thing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ah...I stand corrected then. I get so used to Megazone inventing another user in an attempt to give himself credibility that I forgot that other conspiracy theorists are likely to do the same thing.
We may have just invented a new game. Conspiracy Theorists Pairs. The name needs some work but you get the gist. :) :) :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They also have other bad habits: one being displayed on here right now - they completely ignore the awkward questions that blow a hole in their conspiracies... Wrong Direction is doing that by insisting that no-one thinks. Well, I did just that about his claim of a building being rigged with explosives, said why I think it's implausible ask if the conspiracists can give an answer and he just carries on saying no-one thinks.

The other issue is deflection. Brighton fella is doing it with his Jimmy Savile comment...I believe in X conspiracy because a totally unrelated conspiracy Y. And Megazone/Chippy nick 1 is doing it with his comments about the Pentagon when he was asked about the Twin Towers. I know that I won't get a straight answer to a straight question, it's just not in them to do that but it is rather funny watching the grandiose comments as they deflect further and further.

:lolol: this thread was starting to disappoint but it's heated up just in time for a leisurely Friday afternoon before a weekend of football.

Multiple personalities, "sheep" and "thinking", dodgy You Tube videos from compulsive liars and those old chestnuts "you can't disprove these theories" and "it must be true because look at Jimmy Saville". I had my CT Bingo card full before I'd finished my lunch time ham and cheese sandwich.

The reason that conspiracy theories about really big events like 9/11, the moon landings and Sandy Hook fall to bits is, of course, that you'd need everyone involved to be in on it and to not say a word, keeping the perfect story and "false flag" settings.

Faking a moon landing would be harder than doing it for real and would need all involved to tacitly agree to the same story without ever signing up to it in writing. Using CGI planes for 9/11 would need the instant and permanent suppression of the voice of anyone who heard or saw the low flying planes just before they struck. And so on, and so on.

Still, as HT says, at least we now know who on here has the decent Persians :wink:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
[emoji38]ol: this thread was starting to disappoint but it's heated up just in time for a leisurely Friday afternoon before a weekend of football.

Multiple personalities, "sheep" and "thinking", dodgy You Tube videos from compulsive liars and those old chestnuts "you can't disprove these theories" and "it must be true because look at Jimmy Saville". I had my CT Bingo card full before I'd finished my lunch time ham and cheese sandwich.

The reason that conspiracy theories about really big events like 9/11, the moon landings and Sandy Hook fall to bits is, of course, that you'd need everyone involved to be in on it and to not say a word, keeping the perfect story and "false flag" settings.

Faking a moon landing would be harder than doing it for real and would need all involved to tacitly agree to the same story without ever signing up to it in writing. Using CGI planes for 9/11 would need the instant and permanent suppression of the voice of anyone who heard or saw the low flying planes just before they struck. And so on, and so on.

Still, as HT says, at least we now know who on here has the decent Persians :wink:
Your first two paragraphs made me nostalgic for the thread about the predicted NWO attacks at the London Olympics. All those triangles and pyramids everywhere were a dead give away. Of course when it never eventuated it was claimed that the CTers had saved the day with their investigations...... Or it was a false flag event. :) :)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I guy I know just posted on his facebook something from Graham Hancock.

The name rang a bell and then I remembered, it's the one conspiracy theory I really wanted to believe. All, Atlantis, lost civilisation, Indiana Jones type thing. Even read a couple of his books and I think he had a series on Channel 4 once. I really enjoyed it.

Most of his theories were then debunked in a documentary which I saw and that was that. Shame, it was a nice theory.

Guy I know is a massive hippy, so no surprise there. He believes in crystal healing. Bizarrely we mostly know each other through football.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Your first two paragraphs made me nostalgic for the thread about the predicted NWO attacks at the London Olympics. All those triangles and pyramids everywhere were a dead give away. Of course when it never eventuated it was claimed that the CTers had saved the day with their investigations...... Or it was a false flag event. :) :)

Christ I remember that one!

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I think chippy Nick is Brighton fella myself. Similar punctuation and spelling errors, they seem to appear at the same time and he forgot to swap logins while arguing on the other thread.

You become more annoying with every post you make.

I have no idea who this chippy nicky bloke is but one thing is a certainty... he comes across a lot more brighter and smarter than you that's for sure.

Spelling errors and punctuation you clown, Grow the f*ck up !!! This is encase you hadn't noticed a internet forum not some fu*king audition for some poxy best selling novel.you utter raving tw@t.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

I have no idea who this chippy nicky bloke is but one thing is a certainty... he comes across a lot more brighter and smarter than you that's for sure.

Spelling errors and punctuation you clown, Grow the f*ck up !!! This is encase you hadn't noticed a internet forum not some fu*king audition for some poxy best selling novel.you utter raving tw@t.

Sandy Hook?

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
There was a conspiracy theorist on our board (Wolfy) who we ended up having to ban because he derailed threads into the wilderness of "free-thinking" without any base for his suggestions. He had some frankly offensive theories about tragedies (9/11, Fukushima, 7/7 bombings etc).

According to him the earth isn't a sphere, he believes we live upon the base within an ice dome.

Put it this way, he was on "truther" web forums and was banned because his conspiracies were too far fetched, and he was impervious to reason.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

The other issue is deflection. Brighton fella is doing it with his Jimmy Savile comment...I believe in X conspiracy because a totally unrelated conspiracy Y. And Brighton fella/Chippy nick 1 is doing it with his comments about the Pentagon when he was asked about the Twin Towers. I know that I won't get a straight answer to a straight question, it's just not in them to do that but it is rather funny watching the grandiose comments as they deflect further and further.

Jimmy Savile was used as an example of what happens when we start questioning things, as was Hillsborough and Rotherham to.
Deflection, was it fu*k.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

spelling.JPG

I'm afraid you're now at the bottom of the class. These efforts are becoming painful to mark. Please go in to the corner and take the dunce's cap off Tim, telling him it's ok to come back to his desk now. In order to practice, your homework is a perfect, hole-free theory of what happened at Sandy Hook which, when read out, won't make the class fall about laughing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
View attachment 89833

I'm afraid you're now at the bottom of the class. These efforts are becoming painful to mark. Please go in to the corner and take the dunce's cap off Tim, telling him it's ok to come back to his desk now. In order to practice, your homework is a perfect, hole-free theory of what happened at Sandy Hook which, when read out, won't make the class fall about laughing.

And the tautology(ies): "lot more brighter and smarter".

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Why say it once when you can say the same thing twice for emphasis. I love a tautology on a Friday, me.

Haha! A pedant writes that it's written three times. 'More brighter' is one tautology and 'brighter and smarter' is another.

Once...twice...three times a sheeple...and I loooooove you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here