Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conspiracy Theorists

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Conspiracy theorists are a bit like the religious crowd. They believe in something that doesn’t exist but have a need for some sort of support to get through life as they are unable to manage it on their own. This is a genuinely good thing because we can’t all be clear about how we view life and be content with how things are.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Conspiracy theorists are a bit like the religious crowd. They believe in something that doesn’t exist but have a need for some sort of support to get through life as they are unable to manage it on their own. This is a genuinely good thing because we can’t all be clear about how we view life and be content with how things are.

Has there ever been conspiracies which have turned out true?

If so, I'm definitely getting into religion!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I find it astonishing that there's a different breed of human where they all think and act the same!

Do they all wear the same clothes and eat the same food too?

Unfortunately I was born with a logical brain that works something like this

Big plane flies into big building and big building collapses = logical

Someone with a more creative brain probably thinks the opposite.

It’s just the way we are made and why we see things in a different way

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Unfortunately I was born with a logical brain that works something like this

Big plane flies into big building and big building collapses = logical

Someone with a more creative brain probably thinks the opposite.

It’s just the way we are made and why we see things in a different way

Big plane flies into building and building collapses= boring, repetitive, argumentive, predictable and stuck in a negative rut.

Someone with a more creative brain will probably think= bloody hell! How many more times do these same old users want to have the same old boring debates about the same old boring crap? Why not just enjoy life and stop bickering as if your Chris Sutton locked in a room with all the presenters from Loose women discussing wether men are better than women.

Live life.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I mean it's why I posted in this thread in the first place, I'm sure I read (perhaps not from you) that people would have heard charges going off, and that's what the firefighters described in the video I posted.
In that video firefighters said 'floor by floor it started popping out', and they gestured to show the top floor blow, then the floor underneath, and then the next, etc. That's the opposite of a building being destroyed with explosives, where the bottom floor is blown out, and the top floors are the last to be destroyed. I doubt any of them had watched a real building being brought down with explosives.

I didn't mean google the explosions, I meant the person standing in the hole made by the plane
Ok, maybe I'll do that at some point, but feel free to post a link if you have one.
and the much larger tower fires burning longer and not resulting in a failure of the structure.
Most fires, like Grenfell, start with a small fire in a kitchen etc. It takes some time before the building is ablaze, and even then it's not as ferocious as when a massive jet has flown in with its fuel. Even Grenfell was said to be burning at 1,800 degrees, which is enough for steel to fail.

I have to end this here though, I don't enjoy these conversations one bit (no offense).
No worries.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ok mate, when someone asks that to my face they're normally squared up for a ruck. I'm a lover not a fighter.
Just find it puzzling when thread police scream for a mod to do this or that.
Night hun.

Hun? .......'kin' hell. **nker alert!

:facepalm:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Whatever happened to good old Alien Abduction conspiracy theories eh? A rare bit of home video footage of some blob in the sky. Now everyone has a camera in their pocket the aliens seem to have decided we're not worth it.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A friend of mine became vegan in the last year or so and recently started talking to me about the possibility of a flat earth, and attributed this open-mindedness to what he's been eating.

It was as worrying as it was funny. He genuinely considers his way of thinking to be a level above the majority of people. The return of flat-earth believers is the next vegan. You heard it here first.

Be careful what you eat (or don't eat). It turned my mate in to a ****ing idiot.

The space cadet that I've been describing that I work with is also a flat earth believer.
It obviously goes way beyond that though as when asked him about travel companies he said they're all in on the conspiracy, I've touched on the fact that he thinks all images of a spherical planet are falsified.

For me, these people's thought processes are baffling. How do you get so caught up in this imaginary world of bullshit that you not only believe it, but you have this delusion that you've become a superior being for "figuring it all out".

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
The space cadet that I've been describing that I work with is also a flat earth believer.
It obviously goes way beyond that though as when asked him about travel companies he said they're all in on the conspiracy, I've touched on the fact that he thinks all images of a spherical planet are falsified.

For me, these people's thought processes are baffling. How do you get so caught up in this imaginary world of bullshit that you not only believe it, but you have this delusion that you've become a superior being for "figuring it all out".

Too much time watching YouTube documentaries.

I can make a YouTube documentary about my unrivalled talent at football but no one can qualify that or vet the information on it...and I can put it out as true. Edit it how I want (like a lot of these jokers that people think are good). Doesn't make me a good footballer. The same goes with all this junk, any propaganda etc. Youtube is as verifiable as Wikipedia.

My friend thinks NASA profit from selling the round earth idea. Also that airlines must know.

"Who tells you the Earth is flat? NASA...conveniently rich as well"

Well, yes, NASA but also the ESA and Russia, China, the weather and seasons, day and night, science and the sun.

"But you're not allowed to fly over the Antarctic or arctic"

I don't know if that's true for one, but also it's quite a big expanse with no life or habitation, goals or points...sorry got distracted...life or habitation so it's probably too dangerous, and actually I'm sure people DO fly over it, just not commercially as it isn't any quicker.

It blows my mind as well. I think that actually they know it isn't flat but are showing off how clever they are by that fact they can think on that level and it's displays how open minded they are.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
The annoyance I have with the conspiracy theorists is that they are treated as one homogeneous party, so if you think 9/11 has questions which need clarifying then you are automatically placed into the basket with flat-earthers, lizard people and the type who are the essential conspiracy theorist stereotype.

It seems there is less of an appetite for anyone in the middle of the two positions, I've noticed that's increasingly become the case in politics with both sides screaming at you if you are not wholly committed to one position.

9/11 is perhaps the most extreme conspiracy theory, or rather it invites a wide range of them. Not everyone who doesn't accept the main story of events thinks the planes didn't hit, the planes were holograms, 9/11 was a dream, something about lizards and whatever else you might wish to assume.

As I've said before, listen to Last Podcast from the Left and the programme on 9/11. They tear much of the conspiracy theories apart, but there's a range of questions which sit behind what happened and these haven't been addressed. The uncomfortable truth is that there was a huge political appetite for the US to invade Afghanistan/Iraq. If you don't think the US would use an attack (or even falsify one) for a political agenda, check out the Gulf of Tonkin incident. Likewise, if you don't think that the US would consider a false flag attack, check out Operation Northwoods*.

*caveat here - I'm not saying that these equate to the US attacking the trade centre itself, merely that governments aren't above considering this option. Likewise with Tonkin, Govts aren't squeaky clean.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011

I always find the "they believed the earth was flat in antiquity" line really tedious. In 240 BC Erasthones calculated the circumference of the earth (or got close to it). In short even back then they realised it wasn't flat!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As I've said before, listen to Last Podcast from the Left and the programme on 9/11. They tear much of the conspiracy theories apart, but there's a range of questions which sit behind what happened and these haven't been addressed. The uncomfortable truth is that there was a huge political appetite for the US to invade Afghanistan/Iraq. If you don't think the US would use an attack (or even falsify one) for a political agenda, check out the Gulf of Tonkin incident. Likewise, if you don't think that the US would consider a false flag attack, check out Operation Northwoods*.

*caveat here - I'm not saying that these equate to the US attacking the trade centre itself, merely that governments aren't above considering this option. Likewise with Tonkin, Govts aren't squeaky clean.

I think its bizarre to think the 'elite' .. whoever they may be, would destroy one of their own financial centers, and try to destroy their own military HQ (a place quite useful if youre planning a war with somebody), to give an excuse for war, when they can just outright lie as they did regarding Iraq WMD.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The annoyance I have with the conspiracy theorists is that they are treated as one homogeneous party, so if you think 9/11 has questions which need clarifying then you are automatically placed into the basket with flat-earthers, lizard people and the type who are the essential conspiracy theorist stereotype.

its my observation, from many years study of conspiracy theorists, that they do tend to believe a large number of them. i put this down to being in the proximity, and the mind set that emerges of not trusting anything official/the alternative must be true (even when different theories conflict and contradict). it starts of with a light belief in 9/11, you're on the conspiracy forums and before you know it, believe fluoride is being used to subdue us while the lizard people take over to steal all our gold.

and on Afganistan is there any evidence to back up the notions there was an agenda to invade (Iraq, clearly was), because the US have not gotten much out of it (Chinese, French, German companies mainly beneficiaries of mineral rights)

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland

It seems there is less of an appetite for anyone in the middle of the two positions, I've noticed that's increasingly become the case in politics with both sides screaming at you if you are not wholly committed to one position.

9/11 is perhaps the most extreme conspiracy theory, or rather it invites a wide range of them. Not everyone who doesn't accept the main story of events thinks the planes didn't hit, the planes were holograms, 9/11 was a dream, something about lizards and whatever else you might wish to assume.

The problem with most conspiracies is that the organisations behind the conspiracies are not researched.

Around 2003 I was introduced to passages from Carroll Quigley's 'Tragedy & Hope', but at 1300 pages of small print I was never going to read it. Then I read Gary Allen's 'None Dare Call it Conspiracy' Which basically Cherry Picks from Quigley's work.

I then had no problem accepting that 9/11 was a hoax, as in not carried out by a bunch of looney Muslims. People need to do their own research, reach their own informed conclusions instead of trying to get thumbs up on football forums for their witticisms.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
its my observation, from many years study of conspiracy theorists, that they do tend to believe a large number of them. i put this down to being in the proximity, and the mind set that emerges of not trusting anything official/the alternative must be true (even when different theories conflict and contradict). it starts of with a light belief in 9/11, you're on the conspiracy forums and before you know it, believe fluoride is being used to subdue us while the lizard people take over to steal all our gold.

and on Afganistan is there any evidence to back up the notions there was an agenda to invade (Iraq, clearly was), because the US have not gotten much out of it (Chinese, French, German companies mainly beneficiaries of mineral rights)

It's worth listening the to podcast I cite, purely because they lay the case for the invasion (and need for it) quite convincingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here