Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayak and Baldock - when back?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Instead of who? But good to have on the bench if needed.

Unfortunately, he hasn't added a lot of bite and drive for several months. He is a quality player, but at the moment we have better quality footballers in our midfield. He may well make his way back in the team, but at the moment he has a fight on his hands just to be a valued squad player.

I don't think he'll come straight back in to start but I think he gives us the option to move Pröpper forward if anything were to happen with Gross, or even in place of Gross if required. We have a lot of games in December especially so we'll need to have as many options ready and available as possible. You never know what will happen in the next game, or even the next training session.

Kayal is a sensational player but my concern is that he's as brittle as Baldock and neither will keep themselves fit for long periods.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I see both are in action for U23 this week! Be good to have both back, Baldock esp for our attack.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'm shocked that we gave him a 3 year contract. I can only think that he is earning a 'pittance', by premier league standards.

We did something similar with Kaz too.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm shocked that we gave him a 3 year contract. I can only think that he is earning a 'pittance', by premier league standards.
If they hadn't, in the Summer, the club would have been looking for 2 strikers instead of 1.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Kayal scored a fanstatic goal. Baldock couldnt quite turn in a great cross from Cox, he also played up front central, not on the wing. Both looked lively and I think they both came off at about 60 minutes. Will be like having two new signings once they are fully fit.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hopefully in the squad for Saturday even if only for the bench as another option.

Rather he had another run out for the U23's. We have Murray and Hemed. After Saturday it's another international break. No rush.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Rather he had another run out for the U23's. We have Murray and Hemed. After Saturday it's another international break. No rush.

Agree with that.

Glenn to start, with both Tomer and Izzy on the bench Saturday

Two more weeks for Baldock to get up to speed.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agree with that.

Glenn to start, with both Tomer and Izzy on the bench Saturday

Two more weeks for Baldock to get up to speed.
Yep. He isn't going to get that sitting on the bench. Sounds like Kayal is ahead of Baldock as he has played an extra u23 game. He could feature on the bench for Swansea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here