Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That one day passport service in London

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has anyone experience of it? And was it a positive/negative experience? Any pitfalls? Things to be aware of?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has anyone experience of it? And was it a positive/negative experience? Any pitfalls? Things to be aware of?

No experience, but you can't just rock up any more - you need to make an appointment in advance, which can be done online.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No experience, but you can't just rock up any more - you need to make an appointment in advance, which can be done online.

Noted. Thanks.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I used it last time - Peterborough, rather than London. Very smooth, no issues.

Edit: come to think of it, I think they had a 4-hour (or even 2?) service - that was the one I used.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Works well, My Ex used it after finding out her passport had ran out two weeks before our holiday.

I used it last year as I lost my passport, however I could only use the seven day service which came in 5 which was handy as itt was touch and go.

You do go through a lot of security and they wont ask you to hang about if you are early so I went and had a pint on the corner.

Also its just round the back of Victoria nice and easy.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Done it before. It's expensive and boring but does the job. Take a book and a way to keep your mobile battery topped up.

The Bear

Dec 21, 2010
Did it some years ago. Checking in on an early flight out of Heathrow to find my passport had expired. Explained the problem to BA who said if I can get done today they will put me in a later flight. Shot into Victoria on the tube, was a Saturday morning and the queue outside the passport office was LARGE. Got all sorted, sat in the pub across the road for the 4 hours it took to get it sorted and boarded a later flight at no extra charge. Was seamless. At the time it cost me £90 but that was probably 10/12 years ago.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yes, couple of years ago (office near Victoria Station) as I needed facing blank pages in my passport for a Visa but there weren't any. It was very good (much to my surprise) - picked up a 'deli counter' type number, waited a few minutes and was done and dusted in no time at all, then called in on the way home to pick it up because it was easy for me to do so as working fairly nearby.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks guys. Seems the passport office is near one of my favourite pubs (http://www.caskpubandkitchen.com) and a long wait is required. What could possibly go wrong?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If you got an appointment and correct paper work it's very easy just outside Victoria follow the signs.
Very helpful and friendly.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Agree. Was very easy and really fast (I visited in February a couple of years ago). I used the one in London and bumped into a mate from Canada. So ended up in the pub opposite.

I'd imagine it would be one of the quieter periods at the moment, so hopefully nice and quick.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I've used it earlier this year and the service is excellent. Handy that it's next to Victoria Station, I got an early appointment that lasted all of 5 minutes and 4 hours later picked up my passport.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you got an appointment and correct paper work it's very easy just outside Victoria follow the signs.
Very helpful and friendly.

I've used it earlier this year and the service is excellent. Handy that it's next to Victoria Station, I got an early appointment that lasted all of 5 minutes and 4 hours later picked up my passport.

Thanks.

I presume you take the completed paperwork with you? Any idea what happens if the photo is not quite correct or a form isn't quite right ? Do they allow you to make corrections on the day or is it re-apply?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Thanks.

I presume you take the completed paperwork with you? Any idea what happens if the photo is not quite correct or a form isn't quite right ? Do they allow you to make corrections on the day or is it re-apply?

You go to a post office to pick up a form, go online and book an appointment (usually in 2 or 3 days time), take the form and photo with you. Given that there are photo booths in the building I presume you have the opportunity to fix errors there and then.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks.

Yes - some people turn up having done nothing to prepare..............and yes you can get a picture in the office (or in the station if theirs are out of order)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Not relevant to OP but for benefits of others: you can no longer get an emergency passport for kids.

Also, maybe of use to someone in future (before we leave the EU): I once travelled to Greece on the day my passport expired (noticed the night before) without problem, and got back in on the expired passport with a short delay.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes - some people turn up having done nothing to prepare..............and yes you can get a picture in the office (or in the station if theirs are out of order)

This is useful to know as going to a post office to get forms is an extra burden from abroad.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This is useful to know as going to a post office to get forms is an extra burden from abroad.

I am not sure how correct this is, you will need your photos signed by a professional person before hand.

In Addition I was told to have my form fully completed before my appointment if you have little time for error I wouldnt risk turned up unprepered.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here