Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easyjet Flights - September 2018

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This summer, easyJet saw fit to delay my flight for 3 hours, then cancel it owing to "staff having worked their allotted hours" - they didn't even bother getting anyone from management to announce it, they just allowed two minions to confirm they could get us on the next flight 3 days later.

So as if ruining ours and other people's family holidays (leaving youngsters in tears) wasn't bad enough, they have since decided they are not liable for the compensation (as directed by the EU), as they have changed their story - apparently it is now the fault of air traffic control.

They are a disgusting company and I'll only ever use them again if I absolutely have to.

I understand the reason for the delay has to be logged with whatever authority. So you should be able to find out the real reason. This is what I was told anyway.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I understand the reason for the delay has to be logged with whatever authority. So you should be able to find out the real reason. This is what I was told anyway.
We are owed €1250 in compensation which they are refusing to pay. Given that we haven't got the time to do so, we handed it to a no-win no-fee solicitor (who will obviously take a cut). They seemed to think we had a case.

They have written to easyJet demanding more information on why it happened. Three weeks later and easyJet hadn't bothered to reply. I think that says it all. They're c**ts.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Not read all the detail behind the Ryanair en masse cancellations but picked up that its was mostly to do with insufficient pilot availability.
I know some industries are hard to recruit for but I've not heard of a national or global shortage of pilots so one can deduce that the issue is pilots don't want to work for Ryanair

Now, why might that be?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We are owed €1250 in compensation which they are refusing to pay. Given that we haven't got the time to do so, we handed it to a no-win no-fee solicitor (who will obviously take a cut). They seemed to think we had a case.

They have written to easyJet demanding more information on why it happened. Three weeks later and easyJet hadn't bothered to reply. I think that says it all. They're c**ts.

I had a beef with them a couple of seasons ago. I was going to the "Joey Barton" Burnley game, flying in the morning and returning the same day. Outbound was delayed for 4 hours which rendered the whole trip pointless. I went home. I rang EasyJet the next day and was told to call back a few days later as the reason had not been formally logged. I called back but was then informed I was a no-show as I hadn't gone through security and therefore not due compensation. They also said that as the return flight was a separate flight and left on time I couldn't claim for that. I asked to speak to someone in authority and eventually told my tale about how I went to the airport, didn't go through security, and went home when the flight was announced as 4 hours late as it meant I would only be able to spend 1 hour in the UK before my return flight. Although they did waffle a bit and gave me the impression they felt they were doing me a favour I felt they heard me, and they offered me a full refund on both flights there but in EasyJet vouchers. This amounted to 270 euros I think. Maybe I was entitled to more by EU261 but I was happy-I thought a full refund was fair.

I'm not suggesting Easyjet are good or bad, merely just stating my experience when things went wrong.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not suggesting Easyjet are good or bad, merely just stating my experience when things went wrong.

Yeah, that's all you can do really. On balance, I'd say it is possibly worth risking penny-pinching and using their tin pot service on routes that are well used. Flights to Berlin, Paris and so on are fine because if anything goes wrong, they can probably get you on a flight within an hour or 2, and even if they can't then you will be refunded and in all likelihood make your own way on another flight with a proper airline. However, I am NEVER using them again for anywhere you might consider a backwater. In my example, we were supposed to fly to Pula in Croatia. Hardly anyone flies there - the next flight was from another cheapo company, and from Manchester, and was fully booked. The next easyJet flight was a full 3 days later! And the worst thing is, they really do wash their hands of any of it.

As I say, a nasty cheap little firm I'll never use again unless necessary. Of course if I hadn't experienced this, I'd be like anyone else who hasn't experienced their lack of competence and sense of duty to the customer. It only takes one time though...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, that's all you can do really. On balance, I'd say it is possibly worth risking penny-pinching and using their tin pot service on routes that are well used. Flights to Berlin, Paris and so on are fine because if anything goes wrong, they can probably get you on a flight within an hour or 2, and even if they can't then you will be refunded and in all likelihood make your own way on another flight with a proper airline. However, I am NEVER using them again for anywhere you might consider a backwater. In my example, we were supposed to fly to Pula in Croatia. Hardly anyone flies there - the next flight was from another cheapo company, and from Manchester, and was fully booked. The next easyJet flight was a full 3 days later! And the worst thing is, they really do wash their hands of any of it.

As I say, a nasty cheap little firm I'll never use again unless necessary. Of course if I hadn't experienced this, I'd be like anyone else who hasn't experienced their lack of competence and sense of duty to the customer. It only takes one time though...

I felt the same with BA many years ago as I was delayed coming back from a work trip and then by bags didn't turn up. They didn't help me one bit, and pointed the finger at everyone else, when all I wanted was to go home with some reassurance my bags might follow me at some point. I refused to fly with them for about 5-6 years after that. I use them now as they're the quickest route from my apartment to central London.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Not read all the detail behind the Ryanair en masse cancellations but picked up that its was mostly to do with insufficient pilot availability.
I know some industries are hard to recruit for but I've not heard of a national or global shortage of pilots so one can deduce that the issue is pilots don't want to work for Ryanair

Now, why might that be?

Think it was mainly due to the way their holiday entitlement was worked out and used,I think it contravened EU rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here