Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Deliberately. End of.

Agreed. Just seen the video of it and if it had happened to one of our players I'd be full of righteous indignation. On the plus side, it's effectively a 2 match ban as I can't see us getting anything from the Arsenal match anyway.

One thing I am pissed off about though is that Hemed gets exactly the same length ban as that Watford player who nearly broke Knockaert's leg. Am I right in thinking that the FA haven't increased the ban beyond 3 games?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Their both deliberate acts, neither is acceptable. Disappointing thread on the whole, our player has behaved appallingly and rightfully been banned and half of NSC have convinced themselves he is innocent

Lol..it’s opinion whether that was deliberate you can’t say for sure and neither can I say it wasnt..and as for stamping well I seem to have been doing a lot more stamping in my life whereas before I thought I had trodden :D

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agreed. That it had to be 3 from 3 gave me hope he’d get off.

To be clear, I don’t think it was bad but I do think it was akin to a player “leaving his foot in” when the red mist comes down briefly.

I’m not sure I think it warranted a red but I can completely see how others might.

I do also think if the whole scenario was reversed there would be far fewer Albion fans saying “accidental” than there has been.

That last paragraph....very true!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Marc Bosman also signed his registration forms to play professional football, and ultimately took the football authorities to court over working practices. And won.

Every law is there, if felt unfair, to be tested.

Marc Bosman had nothing to do with playing rules, that was to do with contracts and employment. Completely different.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed. Just seen the video of it and if it had happened to one of our players I'd be full of righteous indignation. On the plus side, it's effectively a 2 match ban as I can't see us getting anything from the Arsenal match anyway.

One thing I am pissed off about though is that Hemed gets exactly the same length ban as that Watford player who nearly broke Knockaert's leg. Am I right in thinking that the FA haven't increased the ban beyond 3 games?

Agreed, and yes you're correct.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

You are right that they both get the same punishment.

That is an absolute disgrace! The two incidents are worlds apart and whilst I accept that they are both covered by the same 'violent conduct' law, how they have seen fit not to add to Britos' punishment, for what is basically assault, is totally beyond me.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hemed?
Violent Misconduct??
Ridiculous..

Barton?
Violent Misconduct??
Apparently not....

I know I should have got over it by now, but FFS!!

D

Deleted member 2719

The decision whether to appeal an FA charge in situations like this is one that the Chis Hughton and Paul Barber take together.

Couldn't we all meet Paul down the boozer to discuss this.???

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I do also think if the whole scenario was reversed there would be far fewer Albion fans saying “accidental” than there has been.

But it was reversed when Barton stamped on Kayal-with two 'elbows' in the same game- and got away with it

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If Paul Barber writes the mitigation the panel will still be reading it after the next international break.

And they'll get their loyalty points revoked.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's clearly intentional if you stamp on someone, just because he wasn't looking at his leg doesn't mean he didn't know where it was.

Is that like typing and missing the r key?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Should have used the old football is a "contact sport" and not "crown green bowls" excuse.

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 22.03.40.png

Jan 10, 2014
We were docked points. We lost two when Barton was still on the pitch to deliver the free kick for your equaliser.

It cost us promotion, sorry not to have a sense of humour about it.

It's a good job the picture above wasn't taken a second or two before, because then we'd have to have a debate about whether Kayal tried to leg up Barton or not.

Blaming Barton for you not getting promoted is the biggest pile of whining shite I've ever read.

The 5 losses and the 16 other times that you drew a game may be something to do with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here