Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If it wasn't intentional how does he learn from it?...He's already stated that he doesn't agree with the decision and that his team mates know that he wouldn't have done it intentionally.

What's done is done, you learn from it by making sure it doesn't happen again because you don't want to be banned again. Try a little harder to avoid the bloke's leg next time? Apologise straight after? Just ideas, but both of those MIGHT have saved him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What's done is done, you learn from it by making sure it doesn't happen again because you don't want to be banned again. Try a little harder to avoid the bloke's leg next time? Apologise straight after? Just ideas, but both of those MIGHT have saved him.

Apologise for something he wasn't necessarily aware of? harder to avoid the blokes leg....hmmm....looked to me he was concentrating on his football..i'll take that.

We can agree on one thing...whats done is done

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Does this count as a retrospective Red card as well?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

He did.
In the post match interview.
""I think it was by accident. I didn't try to do anything. If I hurt [Yedlin] I am sorry."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ed_s_verdict_on_the_Albion_goal_hero_s_stamp/

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
He did.
""I think it was by accident. I didn't try to do anything. If I hurt [Yedlin] I am sorry."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ed_s_verdict_on_the_Albion_goal_hero_s_stamp/

Not at the time of the stamp though. He only apologised when it became apparent that it was going to be a story, and thus followed up on by the FA. Trial by TV pundits and newspaper journalists.

If he had honestly accidentally stood on Yedlin's leg then surely he would have immediately apologised? I apologise if I don't hold the door open for someone, let alone stand on them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We can be quite hopeful that Murray will be fit for games 2 and 3 of the ban.

So the only issue is Arsenal away from which nothing was expected anyway.

Brown takes Hemed's place, famous unforseen victory, NSC happy :rock:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
load of bollocks....it was an accident.....yes he made contact , next time he'll have to just fall on top of the bloke on the floor rather than try and stay upright........ridiculous ruling imho.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If he had honestly accidentally stood on Yedlin's leg then surely he would have immediately apologised? I apologise if I don't hold the door open for someone, let alone stand on them.

Agreed.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I have sensed a change in Hemed this season. His entire game has become more aggressive, and he now celebrates his goals like a man possessed. He seems to have morphed into Ashley Barnes. Perhaps he has been stung by criticism from Albion fans that he is not good enough for the Premier League. (At half-time, during the Newcastle game, people on this board were calling for him to be hauled off.) It is clear that he is a man on a mission, that he wants to avoid at all costs the ignominy of being sold to Reading.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not at the time of the stamp though. He only apologised when it became apparent that it was going to be a story, and thus followed up on by the FA. Trial by TV pundits and newspaper journalists.

This was from his in the tunnel interviews after the game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
FA appealing any charge levied at Delle Alli.......

Presumably because one fingered gesture was indeed at Kyle Walker rather than the ref, presumably because Delle said so........

Hmmmm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
He did.

This was from his in the tunnel interviews after the game.

I know, but that backs up my point. He was asked in the tunnel about the incident. Until that question he hadn't apologised, then, when a member of the media asked he professed his innocence and apologised.

Be honest, if you accidentally cause someone pain, you apologise immediately, right? It wasn't like Yedlin didn't show he was in pain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here