Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Of course it has but even an extra game would be painful. I'm not sure that I have to agree wholeheartedly and doff my cap to everything the club does. They do get most things right but they are not infallible. :smile:

Absolutely they are not infallible ...but on this i am prepared to trust there judgement

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Frivolous can mean silly, light hearted and even whimsical. I think therefore, it is included to stop players appealing wearing rotating bow ties, clip on red noses or flowers on their lapel which can be made to squirt water over you If you try to smell them.

Why would one of our players turn up to a hearing in Palace kit?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The outcome most of us fully expected, but the club had to give it a go. It's what all our rivals would have done in the same situation given a hint of doubt, and we have all seen worse not punished - but in the final analysis Hemed has now got to take responsibility, learn from it, and recognise how it has cost the team. It was out of character but it just shows how hyped up he was by the atmosphere and the guy is also under pressure for his place, that can do funny things.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Welcome to the PL and initial trial by TV. Sky and it's team of ex players spent endless minutes charging, trying and convicting TH, rather than talking about the game.

These incidents are ten a penny in a season, but there's wide variance in detection and reaction. Arter at Bournemouth escaped more than once for worse over the last year or two. Ibrahimovic and Fellaini elbow skulls for fun, whilst Britos tried to end a winger's career, but IF they get caught, they only get the same ban length as TH. The rigid three game ban is very rarely shortened or extended (Mings), despite the nastiness and potential for serious injury varying widely.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Welcome to the PL and initial trial by TV. Sky and it's team of ex players spent endless minutes charging, trying and convicting TH, rather than talking about the game.

These incidents are ten a penny in a season, but there's wide variance in detection and reaction. Arter at Bournemouth escaped more than once for worse over the last year or two. Ibrahimovic and Fellaini elbow skulls for fun, whilst Britos tried to end a winger's career, but IF they get caught, they only get the same ban length as TH. The rigid three game ban is very rarely shortened or extended (Mings), despite the nastiness and potential for serious injury varying widely.

Valid point

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
I appreciate why these panels must remain anonymous, but it really does give them free reign to make cowardly decisions that they know they'll never be held accountable for.

Its interesting that both of the very senior ex-referees who have written about it in the media have decided that intent is NOT clear, yet their three nameless colleagues, faced with the same evidence, are able to be absolutely sure.

My point exactly Hans, 2 ex refs with nothing to loose find intent not clear, whereas 3 current refs dare not to contradict the FA who brought the charges. I wonder what their decisions would have been had it been any one of the big 6.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
That was a previous incident I think where he flew into Tomer's back with an elbow.

Elbow in the back, potential spinal damage, totally intentional, versus a 50/50 'did he slip' foot onto a calf, with no damage. WTF. FA clearly hates us.

If Tomer had put all his weight onto the calf, with studded boots, the guy would not be able to put any weight on it for a good five minutes. Utter bollocks.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Catch a ref's heel accidentally, get accused of trying to trip him up, when the referee didn't even stumble or fall, get a seven game ban.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
As far as I'm concerned f*** 'em.

Staying in their 'elite' competition against all their expectations and desires will be even sweeter.

First game back I'll be singing 'tomer, tomer, tomer, tomer, tomer, tomer, tomer hemed that bit louder

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Welcome to the PL and initial trial by TV. Sky and it's team of ex players spent endless minutes charging, trying and convicting TH, rather than talking about the game..

Exactly. Its obvious that he was going to be found guilty by the media generated frenzy over the incident. Guilty by media trial.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I still think solly march could do a great job in that position. He could become our harry kane if he keeps improving like he is.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Probably mentioned earlier but how long is Murray Defo out?
Murray and hemed are similar quality imo
Also what's gong on with baldock ? He's been out for about 8 months now

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As far as I'm concerned f*** 'em.

Staying in their 'elite' competition against all their expectations and desires will be even sweeter.

First game back I'll be singing 'tomer, tomer, tomer, tomer, tomer, tomer, tomer hemed that bit louder

This, lightly chilled, and garnished with a splash of £200 brandy, and set on fire.

Will will NOT be druv.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The outcome most of us fully expected, but the club had to give it a go. It's what all our rivals would have done in the same situation given a hint of doubt, and we have all seen worse not punished - but in the final analysis Hemed has now got to take responsibility, learn from it, and recognise how it has cost the team. It was out of character but it just shows how hyped up he was by the atmosphere and the guy is also under pressure for his place, that can do funny things.

If it wasn't intentional how does he learn from it?...He's already stated that he doesn't agree with the decision and that his team mates know that he wouldn't have done it intentionally.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here