Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
In my mind, even if you've been having a battle with a player, if you land on their leg (and you always know when you have) the natural instinct is to apologise.

Hemed just trotted away. In my mind that made it pretty clear unfortunately.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
AS an aside, considered the push on Hemed whilst in the air to be more dangerous than the alleged stamping, wrong angle could have resulted in a broken neck or back injury. Same rule as rugby needs to be applied, the right back was nowhere near the ball in that challenge.

Was Hemed booked for the challenge? Can't remember.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hemed was not booked , he will however no doubt now face some form of retrospective hearing considering the amount of media coverage of the incident , #prayforyedlin

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Load of tosh. The critical thing for me is that Hemed is looking at the ball, not the ground. If it was deliberate, he'd be looking to make sure he stamped on the leg. He wasn't and didn't.

The commentator is a fool. Red card material my backside.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
let's all be very clear on this, He STOOD on his leg not STAMPED. very big difference.

I'm afraid that's where I disagree. For me, the action can very easily be interpreted as a stamp. I think Danny Murphy has called it right on TalkSport this morning. Given the to-ing and fro-ing going on between the two players, there was something in what Hemed did, but not a lot. Almost as if he partially pulled out midway through, as if a sudden rush of blood to the head cleared before he did something really stupid.

The player didn't even get hurt.

Agreed. Which can only help matters.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Load of tosh. The critical thing for me is that Hemed is looking at the ball, not the ground. If it was deliberate, he'd be looking to make sure he stamped on the leg. He wasn't and didn't.

Shelvey wasn't looking at Alli when he trod on his foot.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Stamp, tread, trip, graze, kiss - these are all irrelevant. the only question is intent. Did Tomer stand on him deliberately?

If yes, then he gets a ban. If no (which is my POV - he didn't look where he was putting his feet) then this is a non-issue blown out of all proportion by Sky because there was so little to discuss on Sunday.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Shelvey wasn't looking at Alli when he trod on his foot.

Slightly different in that All was already on the ground and Shelvey had time to go and stamp on All. Hemed was jumping out of a tackle during the middle of action involving 3 players.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Hemed was not booked , he will however no doubt now face some form of retrospective hearing considering the amount of media coverage of the incident , #prayforyedlin

If he had been booked there wouldn't be an issue. FA won't change a ref's decision. Only thing that will save Hemed will be if the ref reports that he saw it and decided it was accidental. If he didn't spot it, then FA can take a look. And as we know - the FA are easily swayed by public opinion. He'll get 3 game ban.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Naive rubbish Hamilton, the last thing you're going to do is look down. A decent con artist would be looking anywhere but at the leg he was about to bring his boot down on.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just watched this clip... Richard Keys is clearly just trying to be provocative and make a name for himself absolute w*nker .

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Slightly different in that All was already on the ground and Shelvey had time to go and stamp on All. Hemed was jumping out of a tackle during the middle of action involving 3 players.

Yedlin was already on the ground, Hemed stepped forward onto Yedlin's leg when he could have avoided him. Hemed had been squaring off with Yedlin 5-10 minutes earlier. Hemed didn't immediately apologise, which is what I would have done if I'd accidentally stumbled onto an opposition player's leg.

It was clearly a deliberate act. Which may or may not be out of character, but it was deliberate and I think that's pretty clear.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Naive rubbish Hamilton, the last thing you're going to do is look down. A decent con artist would be looking anywhere but at the leg he was about to bring his boot down on.

The speed at which this is all happening means that there is no way that Hemed intended to stamp on the other player. He's putting his foot down into a space in which the opposition player is moving his leg into. If you watch the clip, you'll see the Newcastle player moving his leg as Hemed is placing his foot on the ground. The leg is not still on the ground. That is accidental.

Hemed is supposed to be deliberately stamping on a moving leg? I don't think so.

If anything, as Hemed goes to put his foot down, he thinks he is putting it into an empty space.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
They had ref watch on SSN just now and Dermot Gallagher seemed pretty undecided about whether there was intent. Only TH will know the answer to that

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
The speed at which this is all happening means that there is no way that Hemed intended to stamp on the other player. He's putting his foot down into a space in which the opposition player is moving his leg into. If you watch the clip, you'll see the Newcastle player moving his leg as Hemed is placing his foot on the ground. The leg is not still on the ground. That is accidental.

Hemed is supposed to be deliberately stamping on a moving leg? I don't think so.

"Deliberately" stamping on a moving leg - with his eyes on the ball and not looking at the leg. Ludicrous. Obviously accidental.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I've honestly no idea whether he's "accidentally" trodden on him, or trodden on him. Interesting that Rafa Benitez didn't seem all that bothered either, nor any Newcastle player barring Yedlin.

I fully expect a three match ban, however, as we all know that when the FA don't have any real clue about this kind of thing, they just ban players anyway. Or refuse to rescind existing bans.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
In fact, bearing in mind their other recent efforts at dealing with disciplinary matters, perhaps the FA will say nothing, pay Yedlin a few grand to keep quiet, and then in three years time, ban Hemed for something he did before he actually joined the Albion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here