Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I think this is one where the reputation of the player should come into it. I don't think he meant it personally, but he's also not the sort of player to do something like that. That is a tired cliche but when you see joey Barton get away with clearly purposeful and spiteful stamps it would be a damn shame if tomer gets a ban for that.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
At no time does he look at the leg, his eyes are allways on the ball.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If that was Shelvey or Barton I know what I'd think. Hemed isn't a dirty player so he could get the benefit of the doubt apart from the fact he'd just been absolutely flattened by the same player, so it does look a bit like retribution. Think he might be in trouble, but lets hope not.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think this is one where the reputation of the player should come into it. I don't think he meant it personally, but he's also not the sort of player to do something like that. That is a tired cliche but when you see joey Barton get away with clearly purposeful and spiteful stamps it would be a damn shame if tomer gets a ban for that.

Agree, he has absolutely no history of stamping or similar. It may have been intentional, or maybe not (I suspect not) would be very harsh to retrospectively ban imo.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
It seems clear to me that he simply lost his footing during the tangle, with his other foot unfortunately landing on the leg of the opposition, which he immediately retracts.

If you look at his body language, this was not deliberate. His eyes are on the game, and he clearly loses his footing which he naturally corrects. Following the incident, he does not even seem aware that the action could be perceived as a stamp.

A stamp in this manner would require force on both of his feet which the video does not show. It would cause injury which it did not. This was clearly accidental and not intentional.

Yep and looks worse on a replay.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If that's a 3 game ban, Barton should have been suspended for life for what he did to Kayal. But worryingly it's in the seen then given category. Especially if you don't play for Chelsea, Man U, Man City etc

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Not accidental they'd been at each other all game, if he gets a 3 match ban then we return to being utterly boned

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Looks pretty deliberate to me, where he's looking is irrelevant. Easier to avoid the leg than stand on it it imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here