Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Not accidental they'd been at each other all game, if he gets a 3 match ban then we return to being utterly boned

Something was going on, wasn't it? Earlier, Hemed confronted Yedlin about something, I couldn't tell what, but you rarely if ever see Tomer react like that.

If the FA read NSC to sway their opinion, I say it was definitely accidental :whistle:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Be suprised if he got away with it.

Accidental or not it does not look great, having said that Barton did...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Compare that to Joey Barton on Kayal and there's absolutely no case to answer. Be interesting to hear Barton's view on talksport about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Talking about it now. Barton says his on Kayal was accidental...........................!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Joey Barton has just spoken about the incident, says it wasn’t intentional in his opinion, also mentioned that he hadn’t appreciated how good a player Hemed was until he’d played against him.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Now the mirror piping up too.

The scrutiny in this league is like nothing else in the world.

My general understanding of the retrospective action was something to do with if it's not mentioned in the referees report of the game then they can look at it again using video footage but if the ref mentions it and states why he took no action at the time then they can't.

To question a referee's integrity is not the done thing so let's hope Mr Mariner saw it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Inconclusive, but the club have to throw everything at defending him if charged and they have stuff to work with. There is no stamping action, certainly doubts over intent and whether possible to avoid it. Plus the 'he"s not that type of player,' though that's less relevant than the incident itself. And maybe video of incidents that look worse but no action was taken eg Barton.

Got a feeling he's going to get done though. We've started ruffling feathers, notably those of Benitez. But to hear people like Souness preaching about this is laughable.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Something was going on, wasn't it? Earlier, Hemed confronted Yedlin about something, I couldn't tell what, but you rarely if ever see Tomer react like that.

If the FA read NSC to sway their opinion, I say it was definitely accidental :whistle:

A challenge Yedlin made on him in the air....basically all elbows...the were a few shoves in the back that AM didn't seem to warrant free kicks which surprised me...anyway as you say its rare for TH to react which says something in itself and i don't for one moment believe he intentionally stood on Yedlins calf i also never saw the newcastle bench go crazy about it(?)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Something was going on, wasn't it? Earlier, Hemed confronted Yedlin about something

“It was by accident,” Hemed insisted. “Before I just told him that if he cannot jump for the ball why did he push me? You can try to take the ball but don’t push me.

“After that it was an accident. I didn’t try to do anything. If I hurt him then I’m sorry."

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Only Hemed will know for sure if he knew what he was doing but if someone had brought their foot down on a Brighton player in that fashion everyone here would be saying it was 100% deliberate and deserves a ban.

It certainly doesn't look great in that there's something of an unnatural force with the way he puts his foot down. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the FA take a closer look.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Yedlin and Hemed had been simmering for most of the game. It's a deliberate, petulant stamp. That said, "stamp" suggests a much more forceful motion, both Shelvey and Hemed's were more like standing, or treading. Not violent or particularly dangerous, but sly and petty. If Shelvey's deserved a 3 match ban, I'm afraid Hemed's does too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yedlin and Hemed had been simmering for most of the game. It's a deliberate, petulant stamp. That said, "stamp" suggests a much more forceful motion, both Shelvey and Hemed's were more like standing, or treading. Not violent or particularly dangerous, but sly and petty. If Shelvey's deserved a 3 match ban, I'm afraid Hemed's does too.

I understand why Newcastle fans would conflate the two incidents, but this and Shelvey's are poles apart, in terms of the evidence of INTENT.

This one, that is absolutely not clear at all - only Hemed will ever know if he meant to do it. Shelvey's was clear as day that it was deliberate (the world's gentlest 'stamp' I grant you, but deliberate, none the less).

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Well the Newcastle fans well upset on Twitter :)

Twitter.....

I also think he was off balance and natural reactions took over, the Newcastle player tries to get up his knee hits Hemed's right leg this throws Hemed off balance he is falling forward and his natural reaction to to find balance again to stop himself falling over just happens the players leg is under his foot.

Purely accidental in a contact sport.

It is Sky all over trying to whip up controversy when there was none.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here