Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights Football LIVE

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Media bias, take a look at the BBC website for the latest fawning over belong in the Premier League Leeds....

...with the exception of most of this century....

....and the 80s....

...other than that, yes, they belong in the PL!

Leeds past success is quickly becoming as relevant as that of Wanderers and Old Etonians.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Feeling sorry for Sunderland especially their fans.
To our resident Sunderland fan, you have my sympathy mate.

To be honest they looked like a poor championship club at the end of last season. I thought they would struggle in the championship this season unless they have dramatically improved their squad. Does not seem they have. When Newcastle came down they were on a bit of a high with the fat Spanish waiter sticking with them.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
To be honest they looked like a poor championship club at the end of last season. I thought they would struggle in the championship this season unless they have dramatically improved their squad. Does not seem they have. When Newcastle came down they were on a bit of a high with the fat Spanish waiter sticking with them.

Big difference. Rafa is a far superior manager and that is what Sunderland needed. Grayson was a poor appointment. I said this from day one.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Pretty much a FULL Championship programme tonight. One of the things I loved about the Championship - those crisp autumn and winter nights with virtually a full compliment of fixtures. Brilliant.

You paint a lovely picture. I'm missing it too. I know we're up amongst the glamour and the money now, but we're nearly in October and we've only had three home games. We don't get to play on Tuesday nights and we don't get to play on Saturdays much either. I wish they would balance things back out and put 22 teams in each of the top divisions. They could start this year by promoting three and only relegating Palace.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Big difference. Rafa is a far superior manager and that is what Sunderland needed. Grayson was a poor appointment. I said this from day one.

Agree totally. i think they needed something lift the club a give the supporters something to feel optimistic about. Grayson is not that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You paint a lovely picture. I'm missing it too. I know we're up amongst the glamour and the money now, but we're nearly in October and we've only had three home games. We don't get to play on Tuesday nights and we don't get to play on Saturdays much either. I wish they would balance things back out and put 22 teams in each of the top divisions. They could start this year by promoting three and only relegating Palace.

I actually prefer less fixtures. Much rather Sunday football than midweek

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Very impressed with Cardiff. Can easily see them having a good crack at being in the top 3 or 4. Decent defence 2 good wingers and a good striker. Love or hate Colin but given time he is usually successful.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Shrews flying in league 1 , last minute winner at Doncaster to go 4 clear.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
26 points out of 30!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Very impressed with Cardiff. Can easily see them having a good crack at being in the top 3 or 4. Decent defence 2 good wingers and a good striker. Love or hate Colin but given time he is usually successful.
Got his tactics spot on, used Bamber as a marker in midfield tonight!

Leeds on the other hand looked pretty poor, can't see them making the top 6 this year.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
That reminds me, don't know if anyone mentioned at weekend, but a caller to 606 on Sunday LITERALLY called Sheffield Wednesday "massive". Chuckle.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Apropos sod all, I once went to a Shrewsbury v Notts County game at the old Gay Meadow in the 70's.

Saw us get a 2-1 win at the old Gay Meadow back in the late 60s (or very early 70s). Super night! Watched us quite a bit in the north west while I was at Uni in Liverpool - wins - or even draws - were very few and far between.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That reminds me, don't know if anyone mentioned at weekend, but a caller to 606 on Sunday LITERALLY called Sheffield Wednesday "massive". Chuckle.

:lolol:

I heard that as I was sorting stuff out in the kitchen. Lovely stuff!

I believe the full quote, having just been beaten 4-2 by Sheffield United, was "Sheffield Wednesday are a MASSIVE club and DESERVE to be in the Premier League."

:lolol::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here