Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour voters are political dimwits...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I've always voted labour (unless 'tactics') and have been a member, but I deplore Jezza; and yet I am stragely pleased at his success in the popularity polls. I loath Militant and fear that Momentum is a reincarnation. But I can't be sure. I accept that as leader Jezza has the right (indeed obligation) to tinker with party rules to serve his purpose (only a clown would create rules that work against the pursuit of one's core beliefs; as Milliband did, the oafytitwomble :facepalm:). One of my favourite ever politicians was George Walden. I deplore the omnishambols that is the current tory party and the current Brexit landscape. But I have no time for the European super state, which allows MEP Farrage the chance to trouser more money than our PM - to do **** all for anyone; an even more flatulant extravagance than we give IRA Adams for his Westminster parliamentary 'expenses'.

In the next election, like you, [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION], I will cast my vote carefully, based on how I view the local candidates' pitch. :thumbsup:

I hear nothing from Tory supporters about what is good about the Conservative party. What they are doing well? How they are going to improve the current sh!t storm we are in. The only thing I hear is Labour supporters are thick, that Jeremy Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser, a Marxist, that only people who vote labour want free things.

This may come as a bit of a shock to Tory supporters but the people I know that voted labour in the last election are not thick or students looking for a free ride. Some own their own business. I have a high level degree and work in a very well paid job as do many I know. The one thing that will not make me change my mind about supporting labour is being insulted or fear tactics and the doom predictions of what will happen if labour get in to power.

There is nothing in the labour menifesto that would help me personally. Just because I don't need help, does not mean I don't realise there are thousands struggling that do. Maybe I should not give a toss, because that just makes me a snowflake leftie loon

What would make me change my mind is a positive alternative, but all I read is fear, hate and insults. That does not work for me.

Yep to both these. I'm not particularly excited about the prospect of Corbyn winning and becoming PM, not least because I fear it'll set Labour back to more decades in the wilderness - but they have to become the next government because this current conservative government clearly cannot be allowed to continue in power. Maybe things will work themselves out in the next three years, but most likely they'll go in a blink of an eye.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My take on that graph is that people with degrees are more likely to vote Conservative than any other party. No shock there.

You can take that graph in any number of ways, but until we have PR the bare results are pretty much meaningless.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My interpretation of that graph is that people with more money are able to support their kids through uni.

i'd say your interpretation has nothing to do what so ever with the graph, and you're projecting your own view onto it.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Regardless of how ineffective Mrs.May is as PM, anyone who thinks that Corbyn/McDonnell and Abbott are what this country needs is seriously deluded.
I reckon the country would be on its knees within 2 or 3 years if that lot formed the Government.
It is quite dreadful that this country has such a dearth of political talent, let alone leadership that the likes of May, Corbyn and Cable head their respective parties.

D

Deleted member 22389

All this talk from Labour about taking back this and that. What are they actually going to manage to do with the railways for example· The issue is with the infrastructure and rolling stock, so nothing will change. Are they suddenly going to build lots of high speed lines all over the place, because this isn't France who have the space, and can run double decker TGV's on it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Labour candidate - "Free stuff for everyone!"

Labour voter - "Yay!"

Conservative voter - "Nothing is really free, someone has to pay for it."

Labour voter - "Shut up you selfish - oil company shares owning - racist/facist."

"The State is the great fiction through which everyone endeavours to live at the expense of everyone else."
- Frédéric Bastiat

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Have you seen how much money train and power companies make!? If the government owns then and runs them why can't those profits be put back into the country to help improve things like healthcare, transport, education and improving the infrastructure of the trains and power companies?

Question. When the railways was last under government control it made colossal losses year on year. Do you want to go back to that ??

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Regardless of how ineffective Mrs.May is as PM, anyone who thinks that Corbyn/McDonnell and Abbott are what this country needs is seriously deluded.
I reckon the country would be on its knees within 2 or 3 years if that lot formed the Government.
It is quite dreadful that this country has such a dearth of political talent, let alone leadership that the likes of May, Corbyn and Cable head their respective parties.

Most workers would be screwed. The something for nothing brigade will love it as The country implodes around them with sky high inflation, bombin currency and interest rates that will make many homeless

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Question. When the railways was last under government control it made colossal losses year on year. Do you want to go back to that ??

Incorrect. When the franchise owners handed back the East Coast main line in 2009 because they couldn't make money, the [Labour] government took over and ran it at a profit. Then they [by now Tories] handed it to Virgin & Stagecoach so that they could make the profit instead, the fares went up and we pay Virgin a massive subsidy. So we lose, passengers lose and shareholders do very nicely at our expense.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/26/east-coast-mainline-why-privatise

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here