Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

14 to 1 to beat arsenal

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Premier league isn't it. They'll play 10 home games against teams like us (and better) every season, and lose how many? worth checking back over the last ten years, I expect you can count them on one hand

Burnley are 5-1 to win at Everton, Hudds are 9-1 to beat Spurs at home, hell Man City are roughly 3-2 to beat Chelsea, which looks like a fair bet to make money on

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
What is Arsenal's record like in their first game after a european game? I know some teams struggle, some dont but could be worth a fiver if they're teaditionally poor.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
While I'm not expecting too much for Sunday (other than Arsenal to get the big decisions) I have a feeling we could put on a decent show at the Emirates

Me too. 1-2 or 1-3 (can't see them not scoring) @33/1 and 150/1.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Surprised when I checked the odds....

Really ?

Im havin some of that for sure.

I don't really expect to win but I can see us going there and keeping a clean sheet and then all it takes is a penalty or set piece to score and ''quids in''

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
DNB is 10/1 and double chance (better odds than +0.5 on Bet 365 anyway) is 7/2.

Looks big but when you factor in the big team bias (see West Brom last night) then maybe not so much.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I had a look - going back to the start of the 2006-07 season, slightly more than 11 seasons, Arsenal have played 212 home premier league matches and lost 23 of them, won or drew 189. It will be a toughie!!

If you're interested, they were beaten by:

Man Utd 3 times
Chelsea 4 times
Liverpool 2
Spurs 1
Man City 1
Aston Villa 3
Newcastle 1
West Ham 1
Watford 1
West Brom 1
Hull 1
Wigan 1
and Swansea 3 times, remarkably.

In 8 of those 11 seasons they lost at least 1 home game to a team outside the rest of the big 6.

Anyway, the moral of this story is "you're saying there's a chance!"

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This is one of our less pressured games v top six. If we lose it's expected, draw or win it's a bonus. I'd love to see us go out against these top six clubs and just express ourselves.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Apoel Nicosia u19s were 16/1 to beat Spurs u19s this afternoon. Know nothing about either team but big price. Bit of a blind £2 bet to empty my account. Imagine my surprise on checking the balance a few minutes ago £34!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Stand back, bedwetter incoming...

I don't really expect to win but I can see us going there and keeping a clean sheet and then all it takes is a penalty or set piece to score and ''quids in''
But Hemed won't be there to take the penalty :(

This is one of our less pressured games v top six. If we lose it's expected, draw or win it's a bonus.
Yep.
I'd love to see us go out against these top six clubs and just express ourselves.
Mmm, I'm not sure expressing ourselves against a flowing Arsenal would be the best plan. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

One thing I'm sure of is that we won't roll over like West Brom did yesterday. We'll keep going right to the end.
That's torn it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here