Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2017/18 official thread

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Just watching the latest episode. They're talking about entertainment at the WFA Cup Final.

Suddenly one of the gents pipes up with "It's not like it's the Men's FA Cup Final".

No shit. It's not. So piping up with that is not relevant.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
How is Olive still in it?!? She'll bugger it all up on camera and then just shout LALALALALALALALALA when people call her on it. She's definitely gone to the school of "if I shout people down I absolve myself of all of my mistakes". Wow. I guess is makes entertainment.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The usual incompetence tonight. They had the whole of central London and more, and couldn't work out where they might acquire a Spurs scarf. Also, arriving at various builders merchants to buy bricks, to discover they'd all closed for the evening, when they had all day.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The usual incompetence tonight. They had the whole of central London and more, and couldn't work out where they might acquire a Spurs scarf. Also, arriving at various builders merchants to buy bricks, to discover they'd all closed for the evening, when they had all day.

Leaving the bricks for the computer :facepalm:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It’s becoming a joke now this programme. Time to reinvent the whole thing.

Forget all the twattish business owners and their business plans.

Why not get your ordinary guy or woman, folk who are on minimum wage who are hard working but just need a break.

Viewers would relate to that more.

The winner gets a position working with Lord Sugar.

At least then it means a real Apprentice will win who is willing to learn and make something of themselves, instead of some dick who wants to launch his own business !

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Why not get your ordinary guy or woman, folk who are on minimum wage who are hard working but just need a break.

At least then it means a real Apprentice will win who is willing to learn and make something of themselves, instead of some dick who wants to launch his own business !

A nice idea but seemingly the main attraction of the show for most people is the satisfaction in watching people who think they're better than average folk, or society tells us are better than average folk, made to look silly.

Actually I think the show needs a massive shake up because the more you watch the same kind of tasks the more the artifice becomes more and more apparent - isn't it amazing that in the whole history of the show there has never been a task where both teams chose to do the same product/idea.

Would love to see a more extended task where teams are given a product/selling area and some proper time to build a money making enterprise, rather than the version we see every week with the fake business pitches and pre-arranged sellers/negotiations.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

I think you are looking at it too deeply its just comedy gold. Its not a documentary and its one of the few programmes we watch as a whole family together

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Had a bet how long it'll be until the women start arguing, 20 seconds, I won

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I always think this particular task is a really good indicator of common sense and the ability to plan, and you really ought to have an advantage if you have even a vague knowledge of London areas. My only issues with it are that the fines are not highlighted up front. How is the viewer supposed to have a grasp of who is doing the right thing without those facts to hand?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I always think this particular task is a really good indicator of common sense and the ability to plan, and you really ought to have an advantage if you have even a vague knowledge of London areas. My only issues with it are that the fines are not highlighted up front. How is the viewer supposed to have a grasp of who is doing the right thing without those facts to hand?

That was to ensure that the team designated to lose, lost.

The last two series have seen the tasks become fare more vague and ill defined to give full scope for the over the top facial reactions of that awful woman, and for Lord Al to rip the losing team to shreds for "not getting it" despite "it" not being properly defined. The hotel task is the clearest example of it, there wasn't a clear objective there and the ambiguity was used to hang the blokes. To be fair, both teams were equally pathetic on that task and whichever Lord Al had decided had lost were in for it.

I thought Ross' "smartest guy in the room" gaffe was absolutely sensational though, and proves that there are still some legs in it.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Genius - not !

I'm a Project Manager by trade and have been for over 15 years, so like to think I know my stuff.
I cringe and shudder when these idiots pipe up with "I'm the project Manager" when it's evident the couldn't manage the proverbial piss up in a brewery.
The mantra of project management is Time / Cost / Quality - but you never see these "candidates" plan for success an any of those three key aspects - it's all about selling and pitching.

Good entertainment nonetheless ...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So this Jewish guy walks into a Turkish supermarket seeking a traditional Jewish pastry ! you just couldn't make that shit up :lolol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So this Jewish guy walks into a Turkish supermarket seeking a traditional Jewish pastry ! you just couldn't make that shit up :lolol:

Is it worse than the Jewish kid a few (many!) years ago who didn't know what a Kosher chicken was?! :nono:

"You've said you're a good Jewish boy, are you or aren't you? If you're not sure we can pull down your trousers and check".

SAVAGERY in the boardroom.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
How is Penfold the useless **** still in? Just **** off already!

I thought LS would have bestowed Team Leader status upon Penfold for next week. Disappointingly, he didn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here