Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2017/18 official thread

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As always, looking forward to watching another assorted bunch of common-sense-free clueless simpletons prance around London hilariously bigging themselves up before showing breathtaking levels of contempt/laziness/incompetence until the final episode when we all wonder what the point of the previous 12 weeks or whatever was.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...tefirstlook&intc_linkname=bbcone_fac_vidclip1

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Jesus. MASSIVELY poor on the TOTTY front.

Karen Brady clone, Jade comfortably the best of a poor lot. Sarah-Jane perhaps will scrub up better than that shot looks.

Disappointing.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
"Good morning, and welcome to the historic London Zoo.

Now zoos are BIG BUSINESS, and some zoos can make BILLIONS of pounds.. Now for this challenge you are going to make your own zoo. Just don't mess it up, or you'll be making a MONKEY out of me.

Now Shaznay, you go and join Team Climax, Denzel you go to Team Hyperspeed."

Rinse and repeat.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
The-Apprentice-2017-18-candidates-1076687.jpg

y, y, n, n, n, n, n, y, y, n, y, n, n, n, n, n, n, n

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jesus. MASSIVELY poor on the TOTTY front.

Karen Brady clone, Jade comfortably the best of a poor lot. Sarah-Jane perhaps will scrub up better than that shot looks.

Disappointing.
Correct. An absolute shambles from the outset. That said, if we can get girly tears and perhaps a cat fight in early doors, this might alleviate some of that crushing disappointment.

"Good morning, and welcome to the historic London Zoo.

Now zoos are BIG BUSINESS, and some zoos can make BILLIONS of pounds.. Now for this challenge you are going to make your own zoo. Just don't mess it up, or you'll be making a MONKEY out of me.

Now Shaznay, you go and join Team Climax, Denzel you go to Team Hyperspeed."

Rinse and repeat.
Have you seen this before?

I'm looking forward to seeing the plain one absolutely bossing proceedings from the outset and clearly being the best candidate, only to find at the penultimate episode during the interviews that his or her business plan is to build a 50 storey high-rise in the city of London from which to launch a dog walking business.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looks like the population of Nerdsville has just turned up.

It would be nice if Sugar had selected only clients with a viable Business Plan in an industry that that Sugar is actually interested in investing in, so that ALL of them actually stand a chance of winning. How often have good candidates been ruled out at interview stage because their Business Plan was fatally flawed or they were doing something that didn't float Sugar's boat?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As always, looking forward to watching another assorted bunch of common-sense-free clueless simpletons prance around London hilariously bigging themselves up before showing breathtaking levels of contempt/laziness/incompetence until the final episode when we all wonder what the point of the previous 12 weeks or whatever was.
Before being given jobs in the media to bore us all in the years ahead. As well as little man Al pretending he's the big man. I'm amazed you still watch it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Before being given jobs in the media to bore us all in the years ahead. As well as little man Al pretending he's the big man. I'm amazed you still watch it.

Although the format is samey and flawed, it makes me chuckle seeing these gimps make complete arses of themselves. I bet you tune in once or twice. :thumbsup:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Anyone help with the last phrase on this clip "A few nice cars, a nice watch collection and purge in a base will all shalu taboo?"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Although the format is samey and flawed, it makes me chuckle seeing these gimps make complete arses of themselves.
If it makes you laugh, then fair enough.

I bet you tune in once or twice.
I missed the first few series, then was persuaded to watch and actually enjoyed a couple of series before I'd had enough. Mrs T continued to watch, so I would see some of the later series, but I think even she's given up now. No, I won't tune in even once. I don't like Al, I don't like his lieutenants (whichever ones they are), I don't like the contestants, I don't like the impossible tasks they're given, I don't like the concept of him needing an apprentice when he's already chosen several and not needed them either. It doesn't make me laugh any more, it makes me weep.

Each to their own of course, fill yer boots :)

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
For some reason I've taken an instant dislike to that Charles Burns character. Irrational - hell yes!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I hate the programme,everything about it and everybody in it.
Every episode makes my piss boil.
When does it start and at what time so that I can set the series to record.
I will have my slippers at the ready to luzz at the TV.
Must watch crap.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
When does it start ?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Absolutely. and I'll be one of the assorted non-idiot idiots watching who thinks I'm doing it with a sense of irony that few have spotted :thumbsup:

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I'm looking forward to seeing the plain one absolutely bossing proceedings from the outset and clearly being the best candidate, only to find at the penultimate episode during the interviews that his or her business plan is to build a 50 storey high-rise in the city of London from which to launch a dog walking business.

This is the problem with the show ever since they changed the prize from a job with Sugar to an investment in their business idea. Why doesn't he just go through the business plans in episode 1 and weed out shit ones. I know it doesn't make for much of a series but it's fundamentally flawed the way it is now...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
For some reason I've taken an instant dislike to that Charles Burns character. Irrational - hell yes!

Oh bloody hell, I actually know him. Had no idea he was going on the show. He's a work acquaintance from a couple of years ago. He's actually a nice bloke, but can come across as a bit of a dick (perfect for the Apprentice then). I sense he'll be a bit of a marmite character.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Who do we think will be the number one CJTC?

My money is on James White

He owns a recruitment firm and his quote is: "Intimidation is what motivates me"

The only thing which lets him down is having a sensible name.

44B37D9600000578-4920344-image-a-52_1506412276494.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here