Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 LastLast
    Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong-Direction View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bloke will win, too many similar sweet businesses

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
    Hmmm I rather think that he will too, although not for that reason. Put simply, Al likes a wide boy doesn't he? and James, the Del Boy of Birmingham, certainly meets that criteria.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo View Post
      Ricky Martin (not the one of She Bangs fame) won a few years ago with a business plan for a recruitment company. I would imagine it’s far easier to make money In recruitment than it is selling flying saucers and black jacks in a jar.
      Indeed. And I can't stand the billy bullshitter personally. Sadly though, Sarah is an absolute drip and has proved to be as much in business - seven years and the obvious website investment has been deemed a bit too risk in all that time. Good grief.

Sugar missed a trick binning off Michela. She had a bit of swagger, took a risk or two, and all through the series has stepped up sufficiently. My main criticism is that she sometime got a bit too gobby, but that's not so bad in the grand scheme of things. Most importantly, I though her business plan sounded like it had a lot going for it. Far better than the online sweet shop anyway.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      Those interviews were truly savage.
      By Elizabeth got put in her place finally so alls well that ends well. You’re Fired!
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      By Elizabeth got put in her place finally so alls well that ends well. You’re Fired!
      I did like her tenacity and will to win though, Worked far harder than most of the others.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      Indeed. And I can't stand the billy bullshitter personally. Sadly though, Sarah is an absolute drip and has proved to be as much in business - seven years and the obvious website investment has been deemed a bit too risk in all that time. Good grief.

Sugar missed a trick binning off Michela. She had a bit of swagger, took a risk or two, and all through the series has stepped up sufficiently. My main criticism is that she sometime got a bit too gobby, but that's not so bad in the grand scheme of things. Most importantly, I though her business plan sounded like it had a lot going for it. Far better than the online sweet shop anyway.
      I was amazed she got fired. But then again she is from Bolton and that nasal chip on her shoulder I’m from the Nooorth accent would grate after a while.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      I did like her tenacity and will to win though, Worked far harder than most of the others.
      Dictators work hard too. Can you imagine working with or even worse FOR HER?!! Less than a minute, I’d be out the door in that time. Providing I could get a word in during that time!
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Dictators work hard too. Can you imagine working with or even worse FOR HER?!! Less than a minute, I’d be out the door in that time. Providing I could get a word in during that time!
      Elizabeth to a dictator is a bit of jump ...but then again

0 Not allowed!
      I agree, made for some entertaining viewing though!

0 Not allowed!
      Oh god, no 'recruitment' again. About as boring as Apprentice business plans get. And the 'we put retro sweets in a container' gimmick looks pretty unexciting too – it's hardly ever going to set the world alight, is it.

I would have preferred Michaela to be in the final. They could have found some way to accommodate her other businesses, and at least she had the potential to create something that could go places. Had more risks, but also more possible reward, and that should be where the show and Lord Sugar's so-called help goes, rather than what's effectively a 'kitchen table' business like the sweets thing.

And though I didn't warm to her at all during the series, and her business plan was half-baked at best, I actually thought Joanna had the germ of something in the idea that a fraction of what women paid for her office wear would go to buy school uniform for girls in the developing world. Maybe it was only a tack-on thought, but again – actually getting some proper business brains and help behind that is more interesting than yet another smarmy recruitment city-lite boy.

Guess it's all for telly in the end, though, innit....
      "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post

I've just caught up on iPlayer. Genuinely surprised that Michaela got fired as she stands head and shoulders above the other two, and clearly has the acumen to make something work.

Poor from Sugar