Mar 10, 2013
Bloke will win, too many similar sweet businesses

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Bloke will win, too many similar sweet businesses

Ricky Martin (not the one of She Bangs fame) won a few years ago with a business plan for a recruitment company. I would imagine it’s far easier to make money In recruitment than it is selling flying saucers and black jacks in a jar.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think there being a previous recruitment business winning previously makes it more likely for the sweets business to be the winner - but I' not convinced by either really.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Have you thought about entering it’s about time the old man retired
A plumber won it a few years back didn't he? Expand so I can sit in a cosy office pushing a pen around [emoji16]

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ricky Martin (not the one of She Bangs fame) won a few years ago with a business plan for a recruitment company. I would imagine it’s far easier to make money In recruitment than it is selling flying saucers and black jacks in a jar.

It’s incredible that’s even a business isn’t it? I’m constantly amazed that - and you see her products in places like John Lewis - that people will pay - for what is a scoop of pick and mix costing a few pennies, and we all know that - £6,£7...even seem at a tenner! Regardless of whether you’re ‘adding value (sake!)’ by putting a bow on it. Good luck to her but if that’s business/entrepreneurial then I’m a Media Tycoon on account I once delivered the Midweek Extra, Leader AND Evening Argus!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Indeed. And I can't stand the billy bullshitter personally. Sadly though, Sarah is an absolute drip and has proved to be as much in business - seven years and the obvious website investment has been deemed a bit too risk in all that time. Good grief.

Sugar missed a trick binning off Michela. She had a bit of swagger, took a risk or two, and all through the series has stepped up sufficiently. My main criticism is that she sometime got a bit too gobby, but that's not so bad in the grand scheme of things. Most importantly, I though her business plan sounded like it had a lot going for it. Far better than the online sweet shop anyway.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Those interviews were truly savage.

By Elizabeth got put in her place finally so alls well that ends well. You’re Fired!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Indeed. And I can't stand the billy bullshitter personally. Sadly though, Sarah is an absolute drip and has proved to be as much in business - seven years and the obvious website investment has been deemed a bit too risk in all that time. Good grief.

Sugar missed a trick binning off Michela. She had a bit of swagger, took a risk or two, and all through the series has stepped up sufficiently. My main criticism is that she sometime got a bit too gobby, but that's not so bad in the grand scheme of things. Most importantly, I though her business plan sounded like it had a lot going for it. Far better than the online sweet shop anyway.

I was amazed she got fired. But then again she is from Bolton and that nasal chip on her shoulder I’m from the Nooorth accent would grate after a while.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I did like her tenacity and will to win though, Worked far harder than most of the others.

Dictators work hard too. Can you imagine working with or even worse FOR HER?!! Less than a minute, I’d be out the door in that time. Providing I could get a word in during that time!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Oh god, no 'recruitment' again. About as boring as Apprentice business plans get. And the 'we put retro sweets in a container' gimmick looks pretty unexciting too – it's hardly ever going to set the world alight, is it.

I would have preferred Michaela to be in the final. They could have found some way to accommodate her other businesses, and at least she had the potential to create something that could go places. Had more risks, but also more possible reward, and that should be where the show and Lord Sugar's so-called help goes, rather than what's effectively a 'kitchen table' business like the sweets thing.

And though I didn't warm to her at all during the series, and her business plan was half-baked at best, I actually thought Joanna had the germ of something in the idea that a fraction of what women paid for her office wear would go to buy school uniform for girls in the developing world. Maybe it was only a tack-on thought, but again – actually getting some proper business brains and help behind that is more interesting than yet another smarmy recruitment city-lite boy.

Guess it's all for telly in the end, though, innit....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I've just caught up on iPlayer. Genuinely surprised that Michaela got fired as she stands head and shoulders above the other two, and clearly has the acumen to make something work.

Poor from Sugar

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here