Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2017/18 official thread

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sugar would have made more money combining Elizabeth's online florist business AND the proceeds from the rights of the TV spin-off series tracking her as she gets this business off the ground.

I would have LOVED to watch her and Lord Sugar locking horns / combining brains, Elizabeth is the best contestant the show has had since Stuart "The Brand / A whole field full of ponies" Baggs (RIP).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sugar would have made more money combining Elizabeth's online florist business AND the proceeds from the rights of the TV spin-off series tracking her as she gets this business off the ground.

I would have LOVED to watch her and Lord Sugar locking horns / combining brains, Elizabeth is the best contestant the show has had since Stuart "The Brand / A whole field full of ponies" Baggs (RIP).

Didn't realise he'd DIED! :ohmy:

The most competent person on the show IMO was Ruth BADGER, and she only finished second!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Didn't realise he'd DIED! :ohmy:

Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse, Stuart Baggs. All legends who died at 27.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some of them weren't even brands.

You don't mess with drugs, you don't mess with shotguns and you CERTAINLY don't mess with asthma.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Mike Soutar (after pacing a dozen boxes detailing Michaela's other businesses in front of her: Doesn't that look like someone who's going to be massively overstretched?

Michaela: No.

Best answer ever on the apprentice
:clap::clap::clap:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Apprentice is obviously flawed but for me and my family, it remains absolutely compulsive viewing. And the final is filmed in the floor above where I work - I wonder when it was filmed?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Apprentice is obviously flawed but for me and my family, it remains absolutely compulsive viewing. And the final is filmed in the floor above where I work - I wonder when it was filmed?

Totally flawed. As it turns out Elizabeth's business plan wasn't scaleable, Joanna's plan had no product and no credibility while Michaela had 101 other businesses on the go which made her a non-starter.

I wouldn't put it past Sugar to start the process by reading all of the plans, deciding on who he wants in the final then engineer things to get the desired outcome.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is also flawed in having Karen Brady on the panel.

I've no idea how business minded she is (although what she's done with the dildo brothers at West Ham raises alarm bells), it's just that she's beginning to get right on my TITS.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Totally flawed. As it turns out Elizabeth's business plan wasn't scaleable, Joanna's plan had no product and no credibility while Michaela had 101 other businesses on the go which made her a non-starter.

I wouldn't put it past Sugar to start the process by reading all of the plans, deciding on who he wants in the final then engineer things to get the desired outcome.

Much the same as Strictly then, where dancing ability seems to come second.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This is probably a case of He would say that, wouldn't he'? I personally thought Michaela had the best business plan, but then I've never been a business person.

https://twitter.com/claudelittner/status/941653460109418497

[tweet]941653460109418497[/tweet]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Indeed. And I can't stand the billy bullshitter personally. Sadly though, Sarah is an absolute drip and has proved to be as much in business - seven years and the obvious website investment has been deemed a bit too risk in all that time. Good grief.

Sugar missed a trick binning off Michela. She had a bit of swagger, took a risk or two, and all through the series has stepped up sufficiently. My main criticism is that she sometime got a bit too gobby, but that's not so bad in the grand scheme of things. Most importantly, I though her business plan sounded like it had a lot going for it. Far better than the online sweet shop anyway.

Michela sounded like Mel Bs Bo Selecta parody, wore Deirdre Barlow glasses and was a bonafide BOBFOC. She and Elizabeth were both far too bolshy for Lord Sugar, good TV though which is why they lasted so long.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
This is probably a case of He would say that, wouldn't he'? I personally thought Michaela had the best business plan, but then I've never been a business person.

https://twitter.com/claudelittner/status/941653460109418497

[tweet]941653460109418497[/tweet]

I thought that Michaela had the only business idea that seemed to have identified a need and a specific group of customers. She also had a record of making money. Her other companies may have been a distraction for her, although many may not have been active, but she seemed the best of a lamentably poor bunch. Of the other 2; he had a record of dishonesty and she seemed to lack any drive at all, or knowledge of her market. Where I work we have a lot aspiring entrepreneurs using our service and on any day we will work with maybe 10 or 15 with better thought through ideas than these.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well I didn't expect that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"The only thing is, it's going to cost me half a million pounds"

...says Lord Sugar with an estimated net worth of £1.15bn.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well I didn't expect that.

I thought the bigger gamble was James, there is a legion of cyber-security experts already who know **** all so if he repeats that it will go nowhere and he has never run his own company

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Both pretty shit

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
What really winds me up is that Sugar makes a big deal about the 250k and wow!!! He's doubled his investment
this year.

Well the bloke is sitting on a fortune running into 1.15 billion. i.e., 0.001% of his wealth and we're meant to
be grateful. ffs. Take your money and stick it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here